• |3| Average

0 0%
  • |2| Bad

0 0%
  • |1| Terrible

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Monte.Teacher View Post
    I guess the dragon slayers were affected because they are officially members of fairy tail. There must be some sort of enchantment going on there. The fairy tail membership could have overshadowed their dragon magic and has flowed along with it.
    This has been the biggest weak point of this manga and Mashima's overall story telling ability. He doesn't put much details on how magic works and how they interact to one another. So I wouldn't put much thought on it either. If he said the tree will affect FT members then I'll just buy it and move on.

Erza needs to show something new here. A new armor and weapon that would suit in defeating Azuma or at least stop him from controlling the tree.

And Laxus would show up one way or another. He wouldn't be shown a few chaps back for nothing.

I'm still intrigued about the boy. If I go by the theory that he came from the future, then he looks like Gray and Ultear's kid with Natsu's clothing. Maybe Natsu died in the future... hmm...
    Last edited by arisart; 05-23-2011 at 02:15 PM.

sig made by me

Laxus coming back is... a given. Otherwise, when the master sent his last wish/word, he wouldn't have been shown as receiving the message. As well, Laxus know the timing for Fairy Tails event like this so obviously, if he received a faint message from the master, at time of this event. There IS soemthing going wrong and he know it.

Obviously, Fairy Tail will lose this, because it's already done for. Their island got destroyed alrdy, the tree is dead unless a miracle can happen. Bluenote obviously won't let someone that overpowered him live, such as to why Gildatz is a pretty sure to die.

Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    I'm still intrigued about the boy. If I go by the theory that he came from the future, then he looks like Gray and Ultear's kid with Natsu's clothing. Maybe Natsu died in the future... hmm...

Talking about the boy, Doesn't his small hands seem to fit that dead lying hand from Charle's premonition?
    UNLEASH THE GREEN BEAST OF KONOHA

This has been the biggest weak point of this manga and Mashima's overall story telling ability. He doesn't put much details on how magic works and how they interact to one another. So I wouldn't put much thought on it either. If he said the tree will affect FT members then I'll just buy it and move on.

Erza needs to show something new here. A new armor and weapon that would suit in defeating Azuma or at least stop him from controlling the tree.

And Laxus would show up one way or another. He wouldn't be shown a few chaps back for nothing.

well i was hoping erza would just grind this one out with skill. and thats a great idea about the kid, i was just against a future flash thing. but yeah not a bad idea a time traveler would not be a bad idea.
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by daz bonez View Post
    Mashima has proved time and time again that he puts very little thought into planning an arc. This chapter proves it with Mashima trying to force Fairy tail into a bad situation, in which his main asspull, the friendship card, will play a major role.
    True.

Erza has been continously handicaped so she can't actualy perform as her status would indicate, and she would have to be tagged by Natsu.
    I think the surprise attack by Grimoire Heart handicapped the majority of Fairy Tail, not just Erza.

And even when she beats Azuma, she will be so beat she won't be able to take on the big bad, as usual.
    There are a couple of things to consider. 1) Even at rank S there is always someone better than you. Fairy Tail's S mages may not be able to stand up to those of Grimoire Heart or the other guilds out there. 2) Often times Natsu is the one to take down the big baddie true, but this is not because he's the main character but because he's a dragon slayer. No matter how powerful Erza is there are going to be some people who she just cannot defeat. If Erza took on Luxus a couple arcs ago he would haved turned her into a stain. And even Gazille and Natsu don't claim they beat Luxus. I'm using that as an example because there are simply some people who Erza will just not be able to handle. I'm pretty sure Erza can handle Azuma but she would never have lasted five minutes against Bluenote from the outset. I see your argument but there is really no need to complain about a fact that has been laid down since the beginning. Next to Hades himself, Bluenote is the strongest member of Grimoire Heart and according to Hades, unleashing Bluenote too soon would end this battle in an instant. So from the getgo Bluenote is not only set up as a major threat but also one that perhaps no one in FT can beat. On top of that you can't be upset with the author simply because Erza can't take down the big baddie. Hades has a gamechanger, i.e., Grimoire Law which will kill anyone that is an enemy of Grimoire Heart. From the outset, this arc was developed in Grimoire Heart's favor. It's not so much as the fact Erza can't pull out a win when it counts, it's moreso the fact that GH has an overwhelming advantage.

Also, wonderfull, the feared dark guild has to cheat by trying to drain all magical power from their enemies so they won't lose.
    That's part of why they're called a Dark Guild. I've never known villains to fight fair. Have you?

All respect I had left for GH just went out the window.The question is why didn't they do this sooner.
    Hm, I never had any respect for GH to begin with. But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by halaros536 View Post
    About that theory that Luxus is gonna save them,i dont see it happening.It seemed it was very important for her to manage to protect her friends,so it would be lame if someone else did it for her.
    I see it happening. If Luxus wasn't going to show up then he wouldn't have been lampshaded some 15 or so chapters ago.