Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Fairy Tail Chapters 234/235 Discussion and Prediction

Sig & Ava = Jaiden

Spoiler!

Nice, chapter.

Spoiler!

Sig & Ava = Jaiden

Intense chapter, Gildartz is badass,

By the way was it ever mentioned that he is second to makarov? I remember when he was introduced they introduced him as the strongest member of fairy tail? Wouldn't that make him stronger than makarov as well?

Spoiler!

You got caught in my trap In your head!!!'s Avatar
    Cool chap gildartz / badass obviously ,-D

The Gods of Fairy Tail return and they are pissed.

Sad he that Gildrats was a father to all of the misfits of Fairy Tail while his daughter watched on in sadness, maybe he never really knew.
    Pandaman FOR PRESDIENT

Quote Originally Posted by merciless View Post

By the way was it ever mentioned that he is second to makarov? I remember when he was introduced they introduced him as the strongest member of fairy tail? Wouldn't that make him stronger than makarov as well?
    He was believed t be yet he never fought Laxus. Also, that was before he lost a leg an arm and an organ to the black dragon
    Pandaman FOR PRESDIENT

I love Gildartz and all that but Bluenote's supposed immense strength was incredibly short lived...From what Hades and the council said i thought Bluenote should be as strong as Hades if not stronger. Gildartz is having absolutely no trouble taking him on...Sure gildartz is the one who can complete 10 year missions and so on, but he's making Blutenotes face go "D:". I'd rather have character development (power wise) than having the author throw strong characters ontop of strong characters until the power distribution is completely confusing (Bleach).

Quote Originally Posted by merciless View Post

Gildartz has always been firmly noted as the most respected and senior member of the guild, second to only the master. It can be assumed however, that due to Makarov's age he is long past his prime. He also seems to have been suffering fatigue and sickness dating back to the Fantasia festival arc. It's this reason why Gildartz is the most powerful member of the guild.

Amazing chap and a precursor to the ending. The cover is bittersweet to say the least. Gildartz was the hero of Fairy Tail and all the current members looked up to him, unfortunately the one person with the strongest tie to him couldn't share in the bonding due to a misunderstanding and her feelings of inadequacy.

The Raijinshuu have been completely redeemed as of this chap, Evergreen has a budding romance developing with Elfman and helped him reach new levels of strength he was previously incapable of. Fried and Bixlow have pulled off a Big Damn Heroes moment (though on a smaller scale than Gildartz) and have Rose cornered. Nice development on their part to see them no longer as Laxus' pawns, but strong and reliable members of the guild.

Gildartz anger over his 'kids' having their shining moment of maturity ruined thanks to Grimoire's surprise attack was very telling of his character. He may be more laid back than Makarov, but I see no problem in him taking up the mantle of master if need be. He proved he has both the credentials and compassion needed in the job description. His battle with Bluenote is of epic proportions, a meeting of the two titans of FT and GH.

The ending might be the most interesting part of the chap. Lucy's repeating of, "We believed in it, our victory." If anything seems to imply that they will lose despite the latest reinforcements. Things are definitely the brightest for Fairy Tail than they've ever been since the arc began, but those words seem ominous to me.

Of course the final pic of what seems to be a younger Zeref in Natsu's clothing is a huge surprise. I've lost count of how many curveballs Mashima has thrown this arc so I'll just gape in amazement once more. I do like Kuroi's idea that it is the founder, and don't doubt the boy is from the past. Either way so much accomplished in one chapter, still can't wait to see how things all finally end.

As long as everything just keeps on flowing forward, then that's already enough.
    Where there's a will there's a way!
    Spoiler!