Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Group Proclaim's that "Judgment Day" is coming on May 21st.

POMPANO BEACH, Fla. (WSVN) -- Nearly a dozen billboards across South Florida claim that Judgment Day is less than two weeks away.

Radio host Harold Camping and his followers have calculated that the end of the world will occur on May 21. "It's going to be a horror story that we absolutely cannot conceive of. Millions of people will die on that day and everyday thereafter," Camping said.

According to Camping, who is the founder of the Family Radio network, Judgment Day will begin with earthquakes at 6 p.m. local time.

Camping's followers have been traveling around the world, spreading the word about the forthcoming day. "We see people that give us the thumb. They say, 'Thumbs up.' We also see people that, unfortunately, give us the other finger," said one devotee, Darryl Keats.

Nine billboards about Judgment Day have been spotted around South Florida, and dozens more advertisements have been posted nationwide. "Yeah, I heard the world's coming to an end, but I'm not really a believer in that, so why not buy groceries for a longer time?" one man said.
    Source: http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/22004285070223/

I like to go on note I do not believe this BS. The fact that they even had the permission and the money to put these Nationwide just annoys the fuck out of me! I have seen these billboards here in CA while driving on the Freeway but I thought it was just a little stupid thing but apparently they made it bigger. I dont like the fact that they are scaring thousands of people. I dont like the fact that they go and ad this nationwide, and I certainly dont like how they proclaim that we will end on the 21st when there were past dates on how the world was "Supposed" to end. Kinda makes me sick

Quote Originally Posted by Calcifer View Post
    Got to be Shinhan for me, He dickrides the mods like there's no tomorrow.

"Calculated"? Orly. It was much worse after the Sendai earthquake with these religious doomsayer nutjobs.

Even if you were a Christian, should you be prepared for judgement everyday of your life, anyway? If this doomsday doesn't come, what're you gonna do?

That "Live Open Forum" they're advertising must be a bunch of hilarity.

Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post
    "Calculated"? Orly. It was much worse after the Sendai earthquake with these religious doomsayer nutjobs.

Even if you were a Christian, should you be prepared for judgement everyday of your life, anyway? If this doomsday doesn't come, what're you gonna do?

That "Live Open Forum" they're advertising must be a bunch of hilarity.
    Im pretty sure the Christian's way of getting ready for Judgment day is "Im ready for god to take me!"

Not all denominations think the same. It's a whole bunch of crazy theological debate called apologetics. Some like the Catholics say that you need faith and actions to be saved while there are those like the Baptists IIRC who say that all you have to do to be saved is to "believe".

Either way, worrying about when the day of Judgement should be the least of their worries. That's why these doomsayers are basically pariahs even in their own religions. Nothing but crazy fearmongers.

The Emperor of Everything dct21's Avatar
    i don't believe any of this end of the day judgement stuff, earth is going to expire eventually but not in our lifetimes, not even our great grandchildrens.

What if it does happen? Bet you would feel stupid.

I Love You!
    Spoiler!

Apparently, their first prediction was 1994. Since no judgement day happened, they just basically said oops and insisted that the 2011 one would definitely be correct.

Funny nutjobs .

Saw this a few months ago, I laughed and moved on.
    Hey baby, wanna take a gander at some Adam West penis?

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    What if it does happen? Bet you would feel stupid.
    If this happens ill sure ill be busy being you know all dead and all the hard stuff being dead to admit that I was stupid

But hey when so many people say somethings gonna happen long enough the chances of someone guessing it will happen eventually.
    example : That lamp is going to fall today -lamp doesnt fall- That lamp is going to fall tomorrow -lamp doesnt fall- 400 days later that lamp is going to fall-the lamp falls- omg you predicted this would happen!!

the usual
    Hey baby, wanna take a gander at some Adam West penis?