Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Administrator

Angry yes - we were hacked, good news and bad news

Ok,

So at some point early this morning it appears that someone used a vulnerability in the vbulletin software to takeover our site, exported the user database and replaced our homepage with the most poorly constructed html I've ever seen.

The situation is this: We've upgraded to vb 4.1.3, so hopefully are now a bit more secure (fingers crossed).

The Bad News: The database corruption resulted in a loss of about a day and a half's worth of posts, updates etc.. sorry.

The worse news: All of the information in your forum profile and registration has been stolen by a hacking group calling themselves "pro2leet".

Before the angry tirade, consider this: We could have said nothing, and let it be, but I feel that would not be a very responsible thing to do, and so we're taking steps to improve security, and hopefully this won't happen again.

I'm very sorry, and I'm not a happy camper - we are taking special steps to .. find these people in the real world and dump a truckload of manure on their driveways, if you have another punishment in mind, I'm open to suggestions.

The good news: It is very unlikely that anyone has your password, however it might be a good idea to change it if you use the same password for other things.. like facebook or your email...

Forums are now reopen.
    "I'm working on it - GAARRR"

Administrator
    Yes - it happened again, Yes we're still working on the how, why etc..

I miss all the colorful comments that this thread was filling up with - sad.

Hacked again today I see. Whoever's doing really must not have anything to do.

Quote Originally Posted by evileric View Post
    Yes - it happened again, Yes we're still working on the how, why etc..

I miss all the colorful comments that this thread was filling up with - sad.
    They will be back.

Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

Administrator
    heh - I'm so glad to see it, seriously though, someone must really be "leet" to keep using the same exploit in forum software... over and over and over..

the genius even uploaded an .exe file as part of his hack this time.. we .. don't run on windows... rofl.

olawl what a nightmare this is XD

This Machine Pwns n00bs Amargo Deathscythe's Avatar
    i saw the blue screen and though my laptop crapped out at first. then the message from that group popped up. kinda ruined my down time earlier.

SIG AND AVA BY JAIDEN

Beer and Music
    Well, whoever these faggots are, they can just get on all fours, and feel our combined e-peen.

EDIT:
    I just noticed something, the Settings option is gone from the top right options. (Using MS 6.0.2 skin)

thia is some bull S**T. some real BULL S**T. and why are some of the avatars not coming up. it won;t let me upload a new one is this do to the hack?
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well can't say they aren't persistent. I don't really see the point of this constant volleying match of back and forth control for the site. We're obviously not hurting anybody so the hacking is rather pointless. Though I doubt words would deter the people responsible so it's a bit of a moot point.

As long as everything just keeps on flowing forward, then that's already enough.
    Where there's a will there's a way!
    Spoiler!

so true so true. we are not hurting any one. as dysfunctional as we may be, we are still a family and a community, just trying to mind our own bees wax. LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by evileric View Post
    heh - I'm so glad to see it, seriously though, someone must really be "leet" to keep using the same exploit in forum software... over and over and over..

the genius even uploaded an .exe file as part of his hack this time.. we .. don't run on windows... rofl.
    so any progress on plugging the holes? like? also are there any other side effects that we might not know about?
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]