Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Are we under attack again? Or is it just me?

Viewing profiles aren't good right now.

First the PS3 network now Mangashare is no place safe anymore damn hackers.

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

Problems I've encountered...

Viewing profiles aren't clear. Names and other stuff aren't shown properly (unless you highlight them).

No input file specified errors.
    Last edited by Arbitrary; 05-10-2011 at 03:58 PM.

Slovakia, not Slovenia - LEARN THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrary View Post
    Problems I've encountered...

Viewing profiles aren't clear. Names and other stuff aren't shown properly (unless you highlight them).

No input file specified errors.
    I have the same lag.

I think the hackers were pretty pathetic anyway. Though you may wanna add some serious security around here evileric bcs next time it may be some better hackers that could make a serious damage.
    FAVOURITE MANGAS
    Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tail, Claymore, Ao No Exorcist, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Gamaran, Toriko, Vinland Saga, Gantz, Wolf Guy, Deadman Wonderland, Vagabond, Blade of The Immortal, Battle Royale, Zettman

Quote Originally Posted by chomio View Post
    People have strange hobby's, I was rather surprised when the stuff turned in a blue screen and re-directed to the hackers site. Well, Mangashare was a bit lucky that the hacker didn't have any evil intentions( even if he took a lot off private data), and the owner did get it back in the same day.
    The hackers that are more dangerous are the ones with revenge intentions, this is a total other story. They take it fully over and demands a randsom, or take it over without letting the owner know. And then they modify the site a bit or place a trojan horse/virus on the site for stealing information. ( their are also people doing it with home computers, I can't image anyone who doesn't have had any trojan horse or a virus in the past.) Anyway he did get 80k off private data, something that happened can not be reverted.

Also could it be possible to add extra protections like separating the data on different servers, and use more layers off protection?
    Anyway it would be handy to have a back-up server with a back-up adress like mangashare.us or mangashare.eu with a seperated server. When the stuff is hacked again or something breaks down, then it's still possible to communicate on the back-up server. ( Note: the advantage off a back-up server is that they can't steel everything at ones only the part that is in the specific database (splitting up the database). It's also handy to use a software then that a server can detect that the other server is acting weird and then shutting that server down. The only way to stop a hacker when he's almost through the last layer of protection is to shut it down or disconnect the database without power( a direct shut down, then a restart without a network connection and run a recent updated virus scanner.) Well, I'm not a pro with this but that ".exe" file was probably the trojan horse that took the information from the database (all systems can read .exe or I'm wrong).

Note: half of what I typed is guessing. -_-
    Several correct statements except extra servers can cost money, and the best hackers rarely have ill intent. Still as a target for hackers this site seems like a bad choice. It doesnt display a hackers skill well and it doesnt prvide them with good targets. Which makes these guys abnormal hackers. The PSN provides financial data and it shows a certain level of skill. Some hackers will hack to show the owners the vulnerability.

.exe does not effect only Windows and DOS it effects many C++ based software so its very possible the site is vulnerable to it.
    Pandaman FOR PRESDIENT

Damn hackers!!!!Why would they do this to a forum?They wont gain anything from this.

Quote Originally Posted by halaros536 View Post
    damn hackers!!!!why would they do this to a forum?they wont gain anything from this.
    for the lulz :|

EDIT : iRC down?

Administrator
    Lots of things for me to take note of - the holes should be plugged, but hey, who knows, only time will tell. We've put some extra special measures in place - I hope he tries again, should make for a very interesting experiment.
    "I'm working on it - GAARRR"

Quote Originally Posted by evileric View Post
    Lots of things for me to take note of - the holes should be plugged, but hey, who knows, only time will tell. We've put some extra special measures in place - I hope he tries again, should make for a very interesting experiment.
    So the lag and other issues aren't because of the hack?

Am surprised whoever did haven't tried again today.

Quote Originally Posted by POW View Post
    First the PS3 network now Mangashare is no place safe anymore damn hackers.
    Don't even get me started on PSN being down.

Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,