Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anime vs. Manga

Banned

Anime vs. Manga

ok so I just finished watching the whole Claymore anime and I must say im pissed, they changed the last couple episodes and completely deviated from the manga.

I seriously hate it when anime does that sort of thing. The same thing happened with Gantz.

and what you are left with is a complete pile of bull that doesnt add up in the end.

Anyone else feel like you've seen a good manga gone wrong in the anime? what are your thoughts.

Queen Most
    Likely To Be King
    Almost ALL manga conversions suck.

Excel Saga is the exception.

However Anime which is not converted from Manga is superb for instance TTGL, DTB, LS from this season.

FMA and Rurouni Kenshin were nice. (Well, atleast until the end of the Shishio arc)

Naruto was good up until fillers, same with Bleach.

I think its about half and half, or maybe 3 fourths to 1 fourth (in odds against the conversion turning out good).

Manga are usually better than their adaptations. Of course, there are some great adaptations like Monster, Death Note, etc... but I think manga (if it's released before the anime) is almost always much better.

The Naruto anime was good untill the notorious 100 year fillers started and don`t even get me started on the loooong dragged shippuden crap.The shippuden anime just shows you how the animators can take something that was in the manga and screw it up completely. So yeah i say the manga is better.

I agree that most anime adaptions never live up to their manga counterpart, but having said that thier are (like you guys/girls said) some exceptions, such as G.I.T.S Stand alone complex:- although it didnt follow the manga's exactly i really enjoyed watching it and it is my favourite anime to date.

The thing i hate most when it comes to anime adaptions is for example bleach where they made a stupid, stupid filler arc in which they introduce three extremely shitty characters and now that its back to the actual manga storyline they are having to think of ways to have them in the plot, I say say just kill those three fuckers off and have done with it.

If I was the one who decides what to do with the anime adaptations when they come too near to the manga, I would just stop the airing instead of making fillers; and puting another good anime series while its absence.

Fillers only make people hate more the series...

Banned
    hahahaha i completely agree with the 3 stooges from bleach needing a serious extermination already that really got me pissed how they kept those fools even in the original story like wtf they serve no damn purpose already kill them! off with their heads!

Quote Originally Posted by damnz View Post
    If I was the one who decides what to do with the anime adaptations when they come too near to the manga, I would just stop the airing instead of making fillers; and puting another good anime series while its absence.

Fillers only make people hate more the series...
    Thats what I used to say a while back. But its too unrealistic, the people in charge are just too greedy. But what is realistic is holding off starting the anime. Look at Death Note, it was a major success, and they began airing the first episodes way after the manga had finished. If they waited until 3/4 of the manga series was over with, then there really wouldn't be any problems. In fact, the anime itself would become better because they would easily be able to fit more chapters in per episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard View Post
    Thats what I used to say a while back. But its too unrealistic, the people in charge are just too greedy. But what is realistic is holding off starting the anime. Look at Death Note, it was a major success, and they began airing the first episodes way after the manga had finished. If they waited until 3/4 of the manga series was over with, then there really wouldn't be any problems. In fact, the anime itself would become better because they would easily be able to fit more chapters in per episode.
    good point, but death note only went for 100 chapters..

what about long series like naruto which (probly) dont have a clear ending date planned.

holding off for a while is smart, but they can't just never start it.

I think they should just clearly mark fillers for what they are.. obviously dont call them fillers.. but call them side stories or something.

anime annoys me alot when it isnt right.. I normaly just stop watching it.

Join the Millenium Earl, at the D.Gray-Man Fan Club