Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Genral Anime Discussion Thread

Ok first of all this isn't just a thread for just the specific episode this a thread for one piece anime in general.

Meaning you cane discuss episodes here but also the development of the anime, for example: how the anime has evolved sins 10-5 years ago or how the outfits have changed or how luffy's hat is now more cartoonish then before etc.

you cane also discuss the future of the anime here and things like will the be more filler anime episodes or movie's.

Ok so lets start.

has there bin any confirmation about the renaming of the anime "One piece New World"??
    Plz just ignore the bad english

man one piece just gets better and better every year the anime is really developing but in some cases i prefer the older luffy like in arlong park and such over the newer one amazon lily but all in all the animation is fantastic
    DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I MADE!!!
    doflamingo
    THE DREAMS OF MEN... NEVER END! AM I RIGHT?

Quote Originally Posted by halaros536 View Post
    You seem to believe, that OP is some shit like Bleach and that the main guy will just pull something out of his ass and beat the enemy no matter who he is.And you're damn wrong in viewing it that way.

not yet anyway .. I'll look into it, the name change that is
    Buzzzz

in my opinion the anime has been going down hill ever since the end of ID. i mean the war arc was just terrible. the animation was bad, the detail was totally absent, the fillers sucked and they messed up character designs left and right. it was just plain stupid. i think there getting better but the war just left a bad taste in my mouth. ill catch up when i get some time but the war just really ruined it for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I still can't believe people still watch the One Piece anime. Am not being negative am just saying.

Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

i tried just out of respect but the war just ruined it for me you know. i mean they just ruined that arc. that was like the final straw for me.
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The flashback arc they're on now is showing pretty good in my opinion, the War arc wasn't the greatest, but I think it has a lot to do with expectations - meaning in the manga we where like "omg this is great/etc/etc" but since watching it on the anime wasn't as fulfilling your saying how "it sucked".

But it didn't suck, ask anyone who purely watches the anime, they will say it was great. (if you have 1 friend who's pure anime that didn't like it, idc, I'm talking about the vast majority).

As for my take on the anime war, I think they overdone the Boa/Luffy thing - however romance is popular, and One Piece which has 0 romance is aloud a few overblown romance scenes without me raging about it. - other then that I had no issues with it, they shown everything in the manga, added a few cheesy lines, but its all the same with what they usually do.
    Click to see what RPG personality you are.
    (It's funny because I ALWAYS use a bow if its available in a game lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Airicks View Post
    The flashback arc they're on now is showing pretty good in my opinion, the War arc wasn't the greatest, but I think it has a lot to do with expectations - meaning in the manga we where like "omg this is great/etc/etc" but since watching it on the anime wasn't as fulfilling your saying how "it sucked".

But it didn't suck, ask anyone who purely watches the anime, they will say it was great. (if you have 1 friend who's pure anime that didn't like it, idc, I'm talking about the vast majority).

As for my take on the anime war, I think they overdone the Boa/Luffy thing - however romance is popular, and One Piece which has 0 romance is aloud a few overblown romance scenes without me raging about it. - other then that I had no issues with it, they shown everything in the manga, added a few cheesy lines, but its all the same with what they usually do.
    thats the point bro, it sucked because they did not do justice to the manga and the really did a poor job of sticking to the manga to. i mean just look at all the stuff the messed up. its just stupidity and we as fan deserve better. and i think and feel they need to reboot the war arc and do it right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Agree with Airicks bit for the most part. I also think the war arc started out real bad with Whitebeards introduction, but it got a lot better as the episodes pass on with the good graphic artists groups. The same Graphic artists that did Marco's, Akainu/Jozu power intro scene where the ones who do Aizen's vs Ichigo final and Aizens sealing. That team is real good but I doubt WSj would pay for all the episodes to be done like that. Also they need to share them and rotate with the other major animes.

Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    thats the point bro, it sucked because they did not do justice to the manga
    Really now? You are the number 1 derail-er of this manga you insult it countless times through your ignorance. And here your spouting nonsense about it being dealt justice. Educate yourself it takes tons of work to even make a simple 5 seconds in a anime.You don't get to pass judgement on anything because you are literally incapable of having a rational thought. I don't know about this Thriller bark bit you keep bringing up because that arc had just as much real good anime or less then the war arc. They spent money on certain scenes for the real good graphics. It's the same with Bleach and Naruto's anime.

Also this thread should be in the anime section I think. But who gives a f*ck what I say, I ain't a mod.

and the really did a poor job of sticking to the manga to. i mean just look at all the stuff the messed up. its just stupidity and we as fan deserve better. and i think and feel they need to reboot the war arc and do it right.
    You don't deserve One Piece.
    Last edited by FenixMarco; 05-06-2011 at 10:22 PM.

The Emperor of Everything dct21's Avatar
    thats the point bro, it sucked because they did not do justice to the manga and the really did a poor job of sticking to the manga to. i mean just look at all the stuff the messed up. its just stupidity and we as fan deserve better. and i think and feel they need to reboot the war arc and do it right.
    for the most part is was straight out the manga, only with a few fillers to add time, the only thing that was really different was that whitebeard got stabbed twice in the stomach by Akainu and didn't get his face burned off.