Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 73

Thread: Ace's Potential

  1. #11
    Senior Member cross777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,776
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    We're talking about Ace potential here. So if we know that he too possesses KD haki it's safe to say that he could have honed it to a level of Rayleigh.
    absolutely, i agree with that. i just think he would be more alone the lines of WB than Rodger in terms of potential. but either way he would have been an epic beast if he had just kept walking and not gotten in to it with red dog.,
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  2. #12
    Initiate
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10
    Well, considering all this.. "the next generation will always surpass the previous generation" talk in just about everything. Considering Roger was his father, and children do surpass their parents. It is very possible he would of been stronger then Roger.

  3. #13
    Legendary Member halaros536's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    greece
    Posts
    4,536
    Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    he had kings haki but he was never shown to be able to use it. and i doubt he could be what his father was sure he would have been a true blue beast and one of the best but i doubt he would have been what his father was. NOW, he could probably live up to what WB was but WB never toped Rodger either.
    So what?He didnt train it.Luffy couldnt use it before timskip either,but we know that he had the potential to use it.And its highly possible that Ace had even greater potential judging by the fact that he was able to use it when he was 10 years old.And lol WB was Roger's equal.

    Anyway i think that Ace probably had the greater potential in the manga.He had the will of D,he was Roiger's son,he had one of the most powerful logia and had wb's crew to back him up.He had the potential to be PK and Luffy's antagonist if he wanted and i think thats the main reason Oda killed him.

  4. #14
    The Emperor of Everything dct21's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,304
    ^ i think oda killed of ace so luffy can grow/ mature as a character

  5. #15
    Legendary Member halaros536's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    greece
    Posts
    4,536
    Quote Originally Posted by dct21 View Post
    ^ i think oda killed of ace so luffy can grow/ mature as a character
    Thats definitely one of the main reasons,but i think that if Ace survived he would have fought Luffy in the future and thts another reason that made Oda kill him.

  6. #16
    The Heropon! Sirxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Hammerspace
    Posts
    852
    Quote Originally Posted by halaros536 View Post
    Thats definitely one of the main reasons,but i think that if Ace survived he would have fought Luffy in the future and thts another reason that made Oda kill him.
    Agreed! That would've been an awesome fight, but you can't end the series with two "good guys" fighting one another (looking at you, S-Cry-Ed. But at least one of those guys started off as a douche). Ace was always shown to be stronger than Luffy--there would be no way to justify Luffy defeating him at the end of the manga to become Pirate King. So Ace had to die somehow beforehand. You can't have co-Pirate Kings. It just ain't right.

    Also, what proof does anyone have that Whitebeard was not on par with Roger? Sure Roger was more famous, and became the Pirate King, but that's only because he had the AMBITION necessary to use his power towards that end. Whitebeard did not. He stated that he had no interest in treasure, getting to Raftel, and (we can safely assume) the fame--he just wanted his familia. Maybe THAT'S the only reason he didn't tryout for PK...

  7. #17
    Senior Member cross777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,776
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirxxx View Post
    Agreed! That would've been an awesome fight, but you can't end the series with two "good guys" fighting one another (looking at you, S-Cry-Ed. But at least one of those guys started off as a douche). Ace was always shown to be stronger than Luffy--there would be no way to justify Luffy defeating him at the end of the manga to become Pirate King. So Ace had to die somehow beforehand. You can't have co-Pirate Kings. It just ain't right.

    Also, what proof does anyone have that Whitebeard was not on par with Roger? Sure Roger was more famous, and became the Pirate King, but that's only because he had the AMBITION necessary to use his power towards that end. Whitebeard did not. He stated that he had no interest in treasure, getting to Raftel, and (we can safely assume) the fame--he just wanted his familia. Maybe THAT'S the only reason he didn't tryout for PK...
    well i can agree with that.

    and i think that ace could have really been the next WB. i mean not caring about being the pirate king. just caring about his family.

    but, i know i am going to get flamed for this, but are we sure oda is not going to pull something and bring ace back? i mean its not unheard of in a manga for characters to come back from the dead. i really doubt that would happen but you never know.........
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  8. #18
    Legendary Member halaros536's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    greece
    Posts
    4,536
    Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    well i can agree with that.

    and i think that ace could have really been the next WB. i mean not caring about being the pirate king. just caring about his family.
    I was talking about his potential power level not his title.So you agree he could reach his father's strength.
    but, i know i am going to get flamed for this,
    Then why the did you say it?

    but are we sure oda is not going to pull something and bring ace back? i mean its not unheard of in a manga for characters to come back from the dead. i really doubt that would happen but you never know.........
    Yeah we are fucking sure.I know is not unusual but this is not naruto.Oda wont do such a stupid thing.

  9. #19
    Senior Member cross777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,776
    cuz i really do not care if i get flamed or not. also naruto is not the best example lol. tons of manga bring characters back from the dead. its probably not going to happen but at the same time should we and can we really shut the door on it? i mean i don't want it to happen but if its that stupid why do so many series do it? again, i do not want it to happen and we can say we think its stupid so i do not think it will happen. but we cant not say, its stupid so it won't happen period just because we do not like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  10. #20
    Legendary Member halaros536's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    greece
    Posts
    4,536
    Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    cuz i really do not care if i get flamed or not. also naruto is not the best example lol. tons of manga bring characters back from the dead.
    One Piece is not a usual manga.Oda showed that he wont follow the stupid rules when he killed Ace.
    its probably not going to happen but at the same time should we and can we really shut the door on it? i mean i don't want it to happen but if its that stupid why do so many series do it?
    Because those series are not OP.

    again, i do not want it to happen and we can say we think its stupid so i do not think it will happen. but we cant not say, its stupid so it won't happen period just because we do not like it.
    Yeah its extremely stupid and Oda wont do it.

    Anyway back to the topic.So you believe that Ace would have reached Roger's strength right?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •