Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Iris Zero ~ Pro Shiki

From Mangafox: http://www.mangafox.com/manga/iris_zero/

Summary

In a world where every boy and girl has a special power called Iris, Toru who, as a result of not having any kind of special power, was bullied from a young age, lives by his motto: “low exposure” – to live without standing out. But his peaceful school life changes when he receives a certain "Confession" from the schools most popular girl, Koyuki. His motto begins to shake!!
    The school fantasy story that shakes the heart begins with their meeting.

Genre(s): Mystery, Romance, School Life, Seinen, Supernatural

This is one of the mystery-supernatural-detective(?) type of manga (you can see by it's genre xD). There isn't any fighting, but the manga is very interesting and the concept of the main character being special by being normal, is very inquiring. I said normal, well he may not have any special powers, be athletic, even his IQ is probably normal or a little above, but his EQ is way over the charts and that is his most impresive trait, that allows him to survive in the world full of people with Iris power.

Thought there was already a thread for this. Oh well.

What's EQ?
    There are more things in heaven and earth then is dreamt of in your philosophy

^ I checked and there wasn't any thread for this manga (well, the search didn't pick it up at least ;P).

EQ - Emotional Intelligence.

Hope they explain that well in the manga.
    There are more things in heaven and earth then is dreamt of in your philosophy

Quote Originally Posted by SCarred Luffy Lvl:Z View Post
    Hope they explain that well in the manga.
    Not really . They don't name it EQ, but it is EQ xD(you better check it yourself, the Emotional Intelligence Quotient - EQ).

Spoiler!

I really like this manga actually, just hate how long it is between chapters.

I hope Toru ends up having a Iris - yes I know that would defeat the purpose of the early story(all 18chapters), and I know its unlikely - however, I think there was some evidence for it, being when He and Koyuki were sitting on the bench someone threw that plant off the roof (or from somewhere above them), He didn't look up or anything and moved her out the way.

Maybe he has a Iris to see the future, just he doesn't know it, that could also explain his detective skills.

(btw I'm not sure if her names koyuki - its been about a month since I read a chapter - but im talking about the girl who can see qualifications)
    Click to see what RPG personality you are.
    (It's funny because I ALWAYS use a bow if its available in a game lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Airicks View Post
    I really like this manga actually, just hate how long it is between chapters.

I hope Toru ends up having a Iris - yes I know that would defeat the purpose of the early story(all 18chapters), and I know its unlikely - however, I think there was some evidence for it, being when He and Koyuki were sitting on the bench someone threw that plant off the roof (or from somewhere above them), He didn't look up or anything and moved her out the way.

Maybe he has a Iris to see the future, just he doesn't know it, that could also explain his detective skills.

(btw I'm not sure if her names koyuki - its been about a month since I read a chapter - but im talking about the girl who can see qualifications)
    He could evade it, because it was normal for him. He was bullied all his life (and still is) for having no Iris power. Things like plants falling from above, it's just one of many hardships he needed to face off (that plant was aimed at the main character, the culprit just missed). It wasn't hard to predict (especially for Toru) that people would be angry and jealous of him, for meeting with the most popular girl in school.

Here it is explained how he resolves the cases (pages from chapter 4 - spoiler):
    Spoiler!

How would he had known exactly when the thing was going to fall? - he doesn't have super reflexes (meaning like, this isn't a manga like bleach/one piece/etc where characters and reflectively move out of the way of things they can't see - he should have to see something in order to be able to react).

I know its a long shot.. and I'm not holding my breath or anything, just I think he could have a Iris.

And that explanation is from his friends point of view, I don't think it holds as a fact.
    Click to see what RPG personality you are.
    (It's funny because I ALWAYS use a bow if its available in a game lol)

^ Actually his senses are above normal, because everyone around him in his life, was an enemy, he needed to be prepared from attacks from any kind of position (it was clearly shown, in the chapter about how a "normal" day of being an Iris Zero looks like). Plus if you have read the chapter about field trip photos, you should know what his true "power" is xD .

Yeah it's nice how he does solve thing without going all "Genius!" on us.