Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaman King

Damn, I droped this manga in the 2nd volume. I think I'll retake it, everybody talks me so good about it!

Just one question: that shrimp boy that was a classmate of the main character in the first volume still appears later? Cuz he's useless, isnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by damnz View Post
    Damn, I droped this manga in the 2nd volume. I think I'll retake it, everybody talks me so good about it!

Just one question: that shrimp boy that was a classmate of the main character in the first volume still appears later? Cuz he's useless, isnt it?
    he's one of the main characters so he does appear in the other volumes. on the contrary he is very useful because he is really smart and is helpful when he's needed.

CLICK MY SECOND SIG...YOU KNOW YOU WANNA

manta doesn't play a very big role realy...

he doesn't have any arc's to himself or anything

his just kind of... there

Join the Millenium Earl, at the D.Gray-Man Fan Club

Manta is a mental and spiritual support for Yoh, I think...

But I think that he also give the point of view of a normal human to the story (and to us too)
    He is like Watson in Holmes novels XD

Even while you are in pain, your happiness will be waiting.

Banned
    well honestly i dont kno how far u guys have read up on it, I think im more or less up to date and I just have to tell those who havent tried it yet.

DO NOT BOTHER WITH THIS MANGA! It deteriorates in the latter chapters i mean it started out being so awesome i was so into it but as soon as they started pullin a dragon ball z giving out power ratings and what not it started fading, it became more about the numbers.

and the author realized his mistake so what does he do to remedy it? He throws in sum other BS crap about how there's another way of countering high furyoki with reiki or some other BS i dont kno the name of it exactly but it was sum otehr stupid crap that just conflicts with the whole point of having a high power level in the first place.

I mean how can u tell me that "oh yeah u can have a power level of one million, but i got a power level of 20 thousand in this other thing that has a chance of toppling ur crazy power level of one million that i was scared shitless off about 10 chapters ago"

that just didnt make any sense to me. And this manga has just gotten worst since this whole power level thing NOT to mention all the friggin ways that they are insanely increasing their power levels in like a mtter of days heck not even, HOURS apart. It's like WTF? Why were these ppl weak to begin with, if there was soooooo many ways of increasing ur power so fast.

The author has literally KILLED every hero so that they can be revived with higher power levels. WHERE WHERE WHERE THE HECK DID HE GET THIS IDEA FROM? Who told him that this would be COOL? I mean come on

Dragon ball Z started this whole "when i come back from near death, i'm a lot more powerful" thing, but even DBZ had SOME respect. This was only for Saiya-jins and it wasnt abused, there was an actual point to it. Shaman King is just taknig it way too far

Quote Originally Posted by K-oz View Post
    well honestly i dont kno how far u guys have read up on it, I think im more or less up to date and I just have to tell those who havent tried it yet.

DO NOT BOTHER WITH THIS MANGA! It deteriorates in the latter chapters i mean it started out being so awesome i was so into it but as soon as they started pullin a dragon ball z giving out power ratings and what not it started fading, it became more about the numbers.

and the author realized his mistake so what does he do to remedy it? He throws in sum other BS crap about how there's another way of countering high furyoki with reiki or some other BS i dont kno the name of it exactly but it was sum otehr stupid crap that just conflicts with the whole point of having a high power level in the first place.

I mean how can u tell me that "oh yeah u can have a power level of one million, but i got a power level of 20 thousand in this other thing that has a chance of toppling ur crazy power level of one million that i was scared shitless off about 10 chapters ago"

that just didnt make any sense to me. And this manga has just gotten worst since this whole power level thing NOT to mention all the friggin ways that they are insanely increasing their power levels in like a mtter of days heck not even, HOURS apart. It's like WTF? Why were these ppl weak to begin with, if there was soooooo many ways of increasing ur power so fast.

The author has literally KILLED every hero so that they can be revived with higher power levels. WHERE WHERE WHERE THE HECK DID HE GET THIS IDEA FROM? Who told him that this would be COOL? I mean come on

Dragon ball Z started this whole "when i come back from near death, i'm a lot more powerful" thing, but even DBZ had SOME respect. This was only for Saiya-jins and it wasnt abused, there was an actual point to it. Shaman King is just taknig it way too far
    i agree with you. i've read most of the manga and it got worse in the latter chapters. the fact that the dead could be brought to life totally killed the manga. also like you said yoh and friends were trying to defeat hao even though their combined furioheki was at most 10 percent of hao's power. how the hell were they supposed to defeat hao even though they were so fucking weak. but i still say people should read the manga cuz it had a great storyline and a nice start until the mangaka fucked it up.

So very tired anymore KandaLavi's Avatar
    I love Faust VIII! I heard he got the power to heal death wounds latter in the manga, is this true?
    Sorry, I'm reading US releases as they come, so I'm not far.

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/KandaLavi
    Everything I Learned In Life, I Learned From CLAMP
    11. The most powerful people are alcoholics.
    23. Tokyo Tower is, more than likely, the source of all evil.
    29. Torture and mind games are just another way of showing you care.

@ kandalavi it is true that faust can heal death wounds.

In the final chapters there are a "resurrection group", isnt it?
    They are Jeanne, Sati, Jun and Faust... (I dont know if I forgot about someone...)

Even while you are in pain, your happiness will be waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by K-oz View Post

i agree with you. i've read most of the manga and it got worse in the latter chapters. the fact that the dead could be brought to life totally killed the manga. also like you said yoh and friends were trying to defeat hao even though their combined furioheki was at most 10 percent of hao's power. how the hell were they supposed to defeat hao even though they were so fucking weak. but i still say people should read the manga cuz it had a great storyline and a nice start until the mangaka fucked it up.
    I disagree x a million people

BOTHER WITH THIS MANGA

you just don't get it, that doesn't mean everyone won't.

It is definetly worth reading. The death thing.. it is completely different to DBZ. DBZ was all about fighting.. Shaman King is about life.

When do they increase there power in a matter of days? or Hours?

The only way they do this is by getting a few more spirits to come and help them.. and this has actualy only happened once in the entire manga.

They 'die' to get stronger because shaman king isn't about physical strength - when the die and go to 'hell' they don't have a physical body, they just exist as a spirit, and so they are actualy strengthening their spiritual power (which is the only power shamans have) and their mental power.

'Dieing' isn't realy about 'wow, im dead now, so im stronger' its about transporting them to a place were they can train; and where they sort out all the issues each character has.

Shaman's don't just fight off strength - there are three things that contribute to a shaman. Their 'Spiritual Power'; their ghost's power; and their mental strength. The reason why they think they can defeat Hao, who is about a thousand times stronger then anyone else in his Spiritual Power and his Ghost's power; is because Hao is lacking in the mental strength area...

anywho.. the mangaka didn't screw up the manga. he just made it more complex, and used some non-shonen idea's. If you can't comprehend anything further then 'this guy is stronger then this guy and their guna fight' then don't bother with it. Its a philosophical manga.

Join the Millenium Earl, at the D.Gray-Man Fan Club