Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The secret behing Tobi's space/time jutsu!

ok i made an account just so i could share this theory as im always reading these forums, and nobody thought of this but has questioned it

Ok, one of the key characteristics of Tobi is his mask that displays only ONE sharingan, and this sharingan has NEVER been seen deactivated. However we know that Tobi had always had 2 sharingan due to his fight with Konan and the use of Izanagi through the right hidden eye.
    my theory is that this hidden eye was permanantly set as EMS, just as the displayed eye was permanantly activated. It was through this that Tobi was able to become intangible and teleport without the use of handsigns or any apparant eye jutsu. Tobi hid this eye as it was NOT the eye of Madara, and so showing it would foil his false identity. i mean think about, if your going to show one eye why not the other?
    Now here's the important part, Tobi used this eye during the fight with Konan, so i believe that in order to survive that battle, Tobi sacrificed his time/space jutsu, knowing that he would gain the rinnegan anyway. Have we seen him teleport since his battle with Konan? or has he been jumping through trees with his 6 paths trailing behind him?
    One big question now is, if this theory is true, who's EMS is providing the time/space jutsu?

1 small flaw in this is why Tobi used the EMS eye for Izanagi and not the ordinary one. perhaps you cannot control which eye is used but then again i think Danzou intentionally saved Shisui's eye from being used by Izanagi.
    Thoughts everyone?

Sorry dude, might have been a good theory but

Manga/Anime I read/have read/tried to read:
    Spoiler!

Water type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

lol!
    Tobi's space time jutsu has nothing to do with his eyes! maybe the another dimensional rooms!!!

And its proven that the whirl was notalways pointed to his eye. There was a scene where his left shoulder was pointed by the whirl.

Quote Originally Posted by itachisbestfriend View Post
    lol!
    Tobi's space time jutsu has nothing to do with his eyes! maybe the another dimensional rooms!!!

And its proven that the whirl was notalways pointed to his eye. There was a scene where his left shoulder was pointed by the whirl.
    Since when? I would like to see that to believe, most likely a mistake or just bad drawing.

Spoiler!

Water type

ouch i thought i had a solid one there, oh well thanks for clarifying
    i cant see how the time/space jutsu can be unrelated to his eyes, i mean he never does handsigns or anything. Bloodline perhaps?

Well, although his power does seem to originate from the spot were there is a hole in his mask (that shows his eye), it could be explained that it's because it is the only spot, that his skin/body isn't covered with clothes or hair. Not to mention that his power affects only himself and the things he can touch (which doesn't seem so eye-like, if we compare it to Kakashi's jutsu that works on sight).

It's possible that it works that way, because the part around his right eye, is the only true part of his real body, that enables him to use the jutsu (so he can't use it through Zetsu's parts, as Zetsu can't use Kekkei Genkai, or any other jutsu (?) of the person it copied).

As it is the thread that concentrates on Tobi's space-time jutsu, allow me to explain on how it (possibly) works and some details about it.

Tobi has access to another dimension (perhaps it is his own creation), that he enters by creating a rift in space and from that space (the secret dimension), he can jump to any other place on earth. That is why his space-time jutsu isn't as fast as the 4th's Hokage, as he (the 4th) jumps directly from one place to another (or so it looks like), where he left his seal.

Side note: the dimension that Tobi enters, has no light, it's full of darkness, but there are some pillars that seems to be man made. It's possible that it is not another dimension, but a place that has no normal entrance, where light doesn't reach, like the inside of the moon.

His other space-time ability, is being ghost-like, capable of slipping through everything and any attack, up to about 5 minutes of duration. I believe it's thanks to leaving himself partially in another dimension (or place), that he can assume an ethereal-like form.

He can use only one jutsu at the time, that's why it's faster to partially leave himself in another dimension, rather than jumping all the way there and back. To even absorb himself or someone, he first must become solid and absorbing others takes longer.

Some of the source material:
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Well, although his power does seem to originate from the spot were there is a hole in his mask (that shows his eye), it could be explained that it's because it is the only spot, that his skin/body isn't covered with clothes or hair. Not to mention that his power affects only himself and the things he can touch (which doesn't seem so eye-like, if we compare it to Kakashi's jutsu that works on sight).

It's possible that it works that way, because the part around his right eye, is the only true part of his real body, that enables him to use the jutsu (so he can't use it through Zetsu's parts, as Zetsu can't use Kekkei Genkai, or any other jutsu (?) of the person it copied).

As it is the thread that concentrates on Tobi's space-time jutsu, allow me to explain on how it (possibly) works and some details about it.

Tobi has access to another dimension (perhaps it is his own creation), that he enters by creating a rift in space and from that space (the secret dimension), he can jump to any other place on earth. That is why his space-time jutsu isn't as fast as the 4th's Hokage, as he (the 4th) jumps directly from one place to another (or so it looks like), where he left his seal.

Side note: the dimension that Tobi enters, has no light, it's full of darkness, but there are some pillars that seems to be man made. It's possible that it is not another dimension, but a place that has no normal entrance, where light doesn't reach, like the inside of the moon.

His other space-time ability, is being ghost-like, capable of slipping through everything and any attack, up to about 5 minutes of duration. I believe it's thanks to leaving himself partially in another dimension (or place), that he can assume an ethereal-like form.

He can use only one jutsu at the time, that's why it's faster to partially leave himself in another dimension, rather than jumping all the way there and back. To even absorb himself or someone, he first must become solid and absorbing others takes longer.

Some of the source material:
    Spoiler!
    Just a few things, I think the dimension is self made, Oro did it, so why wouldn't Madara with his time-space jutsu be able to. It does have some light, unless they(Madara, Sasuke and Karin) wouldn't be able to see anything in there.

And, haha lol love when people have the answers in their own links, Konan says "I know why your dimensional transfer failed", Notice the dimensional, so it got to be a dimension and not some other place, like the Moon, a cave or whatever you can think of.

When it comes to his can't-touch-this-no-jutsu, I have no idea how it works. But leaving himself in another dimension seems to far fetched and impossible, but might as well be the answer to why he must solidify to use time-space jutsu, since he's not really at the place where he's going to use it, while at the same time he is. Hmmmm, this might create a paradox so hardcore that it rips the very fabric of the NV.

Spoiler!

Water type

^ Just because the jutsu is named God of the Moon, it doesn't mean that it has something to do with God, Moon (well this one appears in the Illusion ;P), not to mention the God of Moon (Eternal Tsukuyomi is a different jutsu). It just could be their way of saying it or a mistranslation, though I never said that it isn't another dimension, I just mentioned that there is a slight possibility that it isn't.

Orochimaru's other dimension, was an inner dimension, you could say that it was like the inside of his soul.

If you think about it, then the scrolls that weapon are sealed in and even all sealing jutsu that seal something bigger than the size of the container, all could be called different pocket dimensions.

Not to mention that NV is divided in two: the Impure world (were the action take place) and the Pure world (world of the dead people, a realm of souls).

Perhaps, I should rather say that Tobi's space-time jutsu, works more like Nightcrawler's from the X-men, that he doesn't jump exactly to another location, but uses a shortcut through another dimension. Tobi only passes by that other dimension and the place that he took Karin, Sasuke and others, is a place that exist in the dimension he first jumped off.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    ^ Just because the jutsu is named God of the Moon, it doesn't mean that it has something to do with God, Moon (well this one appears in the Illusion ;P), not to mention the God of Moon (Eternal Tsukuyomi is a different jutsu). It just could be their way of saying it or a mistranslation, though I never said that it isn't another dimension, I just mentioned that there is a slight possibility that it isn't.

Orochimaru's other dimension, was an inner dimension, you could say that it was like the inside of his soul.

If you think about it, then the scrolls that weapon are sealed in and even all sealing jutsu that seal something bigger than the size of the container, all could be called different pocket dimensions.

Not to mention that NV is divided in two: the Impure world (were the action take place) and the Pure world (world of the dead people, a realm of souls).

Perhaps, I should rather say that Tobi's space-time jutsu, works more like Nightcrawler's from the X-men, that he doesn't jump exactly to another location, but uses a shortcut through another dimension. Tobi only passes by that other dimension and the place that he took Karin, Sasuke and others, is a place that exist in the dimension he first jumped off.
    True what you say, but I'm also pretty sure that they have called it a dimension several times. And even tho Oro's dimension is an inner one, we don't know what Madara's dimension is.

Spoiler!

Water type

wow great theorizing people, id support tobi's phasing ability theory where he leaves himself between dimensions, that seems rather plausable.
    However i still curious as for HOW he created such a jutsu and his chakra resources to be capable of creating an entire dimension. I mean kakashi drains himself completely when using Kamui and yet Tobi does so with no apparent difficulty. Actually have we ever seen him drained of chakra or at the very least have to be conscious of that fact he has a limit to his supply? This may well prove he is far more zetsu than we may have first thought...