Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Camelot

Thumbs up Camelot

Plot Summary :
    In the wake of King Uther’s sudden death, chaos threatens to engulf Britain. When the sorcerer Merlin has visions of a dark future, he installs the young and impetuous Arthur, Uther’s unknown son and heir, who has been raised from birth as a commoner. But Arthur’s cold and ambitious half-sister Morgan will fight him to the bitter end, summoning unnatural forces to claim the crown in this epic battle for control.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Camelot is a historical-fantasy-drama television series which premiered on April 1, 2011 and airs on Friday evenings at 10pm. It is co-produced by the Starz cable network and GK-TV which began production during the summer of 2010. The series, based on the Arthurian legend, is produced by Graham King, Morgan O'Sullivan, and Michael Hirst.
    So, this has been my best series (still waiting for some others) currently. I especially liked the last episode (the fourth) where we get to know the origin of The Lady of the Lake story (as per the series).

Yea it's not bad, but I liked the original lady of the lake story better lol, this one is kind of morbid. The Merlin in Camelot seems weak, he can't control his powers and he's.....bald. There's also another Merlin tv series, which is pretty cool imo. Merlin's on the 3rd season right now. Still waiting for new eps.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Currently reading/watching:
    One Piece, Naruto, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kenichi, Hajime No Ippo The Rising, Hunter x Hunter

First two episodes was good, haven't watched the third episode yet. But am liking the show so far.

Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfox87 View Post
    Yea it's not bad, but I liked the original lady of the lake story better lol, this one is kind of morbid. The Merlin in Camelot seems weak, he can't control his powers and he's.....bald. There's also another Merlin tv series, which is pretty cool imo. Merlin's on the 3rd season right now. Still waiting for new eps.
    Perhaps it's the age factor?

Merlin (the TV series) isn't a mature series. While it is a good series in its own right, the feel of Camelot is a lot better. Camelot's production is better too.

Merlin in Camelot isn't weak, he just doesn't want to use his powers (even though he likes to) fully because he knows that there are dire consequences that will happen. That's what this show's pointing out about magic.

Well weak doesn't mean he's weak in terms of power, but weak because he can't control it. Merlin is supposed to be the master magician in history. He's in his prime right now too, not the developing Merlin kid in the Merlin tv series. Regardless, I'm still watching Camelot because it is still entertaining, it just puts a different spin on the original storyline.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    One Piece, Naruto, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kenichi, Hajime No Ippo The Rising, Hunter x Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfox87 View Post
    Well weak doesn't mean he's weak in terms of power, but weak because he can't control it. Merlin is supposed to be the master magician in history. He's in his prime right now too, not the developing Merlin kid in the Merlin tv series. Regardless, I'm still watching Camelot because it is still entertaining, it just puts a different spin on the original storyline.
    He loves to use magic (as hinted by Excalibur's father that Merlin can be sort of a sadist with it), he just knows the repercussions when using it (as seen when he warned Morgan). He may also know a dire secret about it (but this one's less likely). Like I've said, this series aims to show that magic isn't something easy as casting a wand or speaking the right words, magic has strong side-effects.

I'll even go ahead and say that the use of magic is attributed to the devil or at least a devil-like presence in this series.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

You should've noticed... magic here isn't also instant.