Thread: Evangelion 2.22

Evangelion 2.22

Just finished watching the Blu-ray.

Bad to the Ass. Great animation, great video quality, visceral audio output.

Watching films like this always reminds me why I "invested" $13k on my home threater system.

^ 13k, you can't be serious.
    Never heard of both.

What's 2.22 about? I know what Evangelion was about, but what is 2.22, like a continuation, or entirely connected yet different story?

I'm damn serious about that price.

As for Evangelion 2.22:
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=8421

Yeah, I've seen this anime movie. I almost literally cried because of the epicness especially during the last battle. The animation quality, musical score and cinematography is simply breathtaking. It has a perfect combination of drama and action. I haven't watched the sequel yet. Is it out already? I highly recommend this anime movie.

13K $$$$$$$$.... for a home theater system!! Wow, you must be one heck of a couch potato to spend that much money on a home theater system.
    UNLEASH THE GREEN BEAST OF KONOHA

Think I'm the only one who thinks Evangelion is overrated. I fell asleep mid way watching this anime. I should give it another try though. I saw both endings as well. The beginning had me hooked but then it quickly got boring for me mid way.

I'm not sure if you're talking about the anime movie or the series. Well, the series was a bit boring sometimes. But i think the movie was really well paced.
    UNLEASH THE GREEN BEAST OF KONOHA

I liked the moment of acquiring the godhood much more than in the previous one (was it even godhood then ?). The changed battle scenes were really impresive. There are more EVAs (even prototypes) and they added a secret battle mode ( the beast). I have seen it about a year ago I think (unless we are talking about the 3rd already ;P).

Banned
    Well that answers my question. I personally never liked Evangelion. I felt it was overhyped, poorly done, and the best thing it had going for it was Rei. Still, I debated whether or not I should give these movies a go. I guess it's worth an order on Amazon.
    Last edited by Zero Phoenix; 05-26-2011 at 08:35 PM.

i watched this and thought it was okay. i'm just waiting for the other two movies that are supposed to be completely new material for this 4 film saga. and there taking forever to release this third film.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Phoenix View Post
    Well that answers my question. I personally never liked Evangelion. I felt it was overhyped, poorly done, and the best thing it had going for it was Rei. Still, I debated whether or not I should give these movies a go. I guess it's worth an order on Amazon.
    In what way was Evangelion "poorly done"?

The only part about the movie I didn't like is not getting the enjoyment of watching in the theater like they can across the pond.