Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

sage mode limitation bypass

with this weeks chapter, we see how naturally Naruto can go into sage mode now, but sage mode still has its limitations (5 minutes or 2 thrown FRS's, whichever comes first. plus a small number of shadow clones.)

we've all thought there has to be a way to bypass, get around or otherwise extend that limitation.. for which we may have very well seen kishi's planned workaround, naruto's new kyuubi powered mode.

mind you I cant read kishi's mind, but heres how I think hes intending this to work.

Naruto goes into sage mode, and brings out his limit of sage mode clones. we all remember what he was able to do to all 6 paths of pain. a few thousand white Zetsu and some of Kabuto's ET summons are no match for that. as sage mode runs out, naruto taps into the fox's chakra and proceeds to start round 2. While the enemy wonders 'WTF? how do we stop him?' he gets that 5 second breather he needs to get back into sage mode and recycle the whole process

i checked to see if this possibility had been mentioned before posting it, and I know it is likely filled with holes big enough to drive a semi through, but thats what this part of the forum is for isnt it?
    come fight my brute here

Naruto should actually be able to use more than just 2 Rasenshuriken while in Sage Mode now. The reason he was limited before was because he was dividing his chakra up amongst so many Kagebunshins (because he also had several waiting in Sage Mode back on the Frog Mountain to refresh it). So theoretically, during the 5-minute Sage Mode duration, he could also throw up to 6 Rasenshuriken, not to mention use more Sage Clones. Against Pain, he could only use a few Sage Clones in battle, because any more would disrupt the ones waiting on the Frog Mountain. Now, just like against the Kyuubi, he'll be able to fight at full capacity, spamming giant Rasengans and countless clones.

I just hope he doesn't enter Kyuubi Mode purely to use his Bijuu Rasengan... I'd like to see him fight with that form. Although, if he can't use Kagebunshins while in that form, it might mean he can't use Rasenshuriken, either (unless those extra Kyuubi hands allow him to create it without clones).

point taken about sage mode, and we wont know about the FRS limits until he actually fights someone worth of using it again. but the point of of the clones back at frog mountain was to gather nature energy to refresh sage mode quickly.. now the limits on how many clones he can manage at once while still having a few in reserve to refersh sage mode has probably increased a bit, but I cant see it being that much.. the fight against the fox was in his mind, where the sage mode restrictions were not a factor, and those giant sage mode oodama rasengans were the setup to the FRS

to be honest, naruto should be, well a beast in this new kyuubi mode. The only downsides I see so far is the lack of ability to use clones and when he tries to make any rasengan in it its going to end up being the bijuu bomb variant. the Kisame fight showed that while he doesnt have dad's finess yet, this mode comes close to matching Minato's raw speed. the power is readily apparent from that same fight with kisame and that he shurgged off a barrier, shadow mimic and destruction bug attack just by powering up
    come fight my brute here

Could he go into Sage mode and make a bunch of sage clones, then as soon as he has made them go into Kyuubi mode? So the enemy has to fight say 10 sage clones and the ultimate beast of Kyuubi mode Naruto - that would be an unstoppable combination. Then if he wants to use normal Resengan, he can just release Kyuubi mode, and release 1 of the sage clones, topping him up with Sage chakra. As soon as that runs out, Go Kyuubi mode again, and then he will have 9 sage clones, and repeat again and again, until he has killed them all.
    Quote Originally Posted by [JUiCE] View Post
    The virginity is strong in this one.

I think that, because he'd still have the clones active, his chakra is still divided, and it probably wouldn't be safe to use the Kyuubi. But we'll have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    I think that, because he'd still have the clones active, his chakra is still divided, and it probably wouldn't be safe to use the Kyuubi. But we'll have to wait and see.
    I'm sure Kishi already has it all planned. For me, the only Idea I came up with is for Naruto to divide his chakra, and then use Natural Energy to counter ballance the Kyuubi.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

interesting thought nano..but Riln is right. Even though they are sage mode clones, his chakra is still divided, too big of a risk to try the upgraded kyuubi mode.

paul, the only way that might work is if he can enter sage mode while also in kyuubi mode (would be cool if we could see the orange eyes of the mixed fox/sage mode again)
    come fight my brute here

Quote Originally Posted by Titokhan View Post
    interesting thought nano..but Riln is right. Even though they are sage mode clones, his chakra is still divided, too big of a risk to try the upgraded kyuubi mode.

paul, the only way that might work is if he can enter sage mode while also in kyuubi mode (would be cool if we could see the orange eyes of the mixed fox/sage mode again)
    Like the one in my sig...
    Spoiler!

or maybe this
    Spoiler!
    AWESOMENESS!
    I am an artist, and my medium is death. I'm about to create my masterpiece :s

Fan of the Rasengan Doujutsu theory, even though it's dead. Although, he does have the special Uzumaki clan blood.

Quote Originally Posted by thorofasgard13 View Post
    Because he's the hero the shinobi world deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. Naruto.

Quote Originally Posted by Titokhan View Post

Orange eyes are quite becoming for the Orange Hokage

.......Don't you think?

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Maybe Naruto can fuse with Ma and Pa now that the kyuubis chakra has been isolated from its hatred and will, that way he can stay in sage mode as long he needs to...Maybe