Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Senjogahara Fascination ReshenKusaga's Avatar
    i just thought it had a funky name, started reading and was blown away

now i'm still reading and enjoying it justttttttttttttttttttttttt as much if not more

it's art and story flow has been fantastic so far. and the characters seem to just get more and more developed as time goes on.

Dunno really, it really wasn't that impressive to begin with, ti seemed boring and cliche. But the fact that it had such an extensive fan base suggested there was more to it than that. And yes, it's true, it has an intriguing and deep plotline unlike other current series and some of the art is unbelievable.

Nice cast and a good range of weapons, thats what i hoped for
    And i kinda like Lavi's accent o.0

You are talking about the anime, aren't you? (And yes, Kenichi Suzumura's voice is <3)

Covers like THIS:

keeps me reading xD

Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by aaaarrrggh View Post
    Oh this thread is the question i wanted to ask.
    Is this shounen gets really better after volume 3?

Because i gotta say, this is the worst shounen i ever read after 3 volumes. So i'm wondering if i'll continue this story. It's obviously getting better after, as i see there are many people liking it, but i want to make sure :^)
    I know what you mean, I read a few chapters early on but got kinda bored and left it aside, then after a few weeks I got bored and randomly decided to read on and man it gets good.

Was a bit like me...only that I lost interest after the first volume already...and only because of boredom (also xD) I started reading the scans.

I got into DGM when I saw an avatar of Kanda. I didn't know who he was, but I thought he looked cool. So I PM'd the person and asked who the character was.

Kanda Yuu from D.Gray-man.

With that information, I looked more into the manga. It sounded interesting enough so I started downloading the manga (I'm a manga girl) and the first couple of chapters were okay. It was not exciting, but it was not bad and I was waiting for Kanda's entrance. I really enjoyed his character but was disappointed when he left and disappeared for several thousand chapters and only resorted to cameo appearances.

Oh well, because Allen became my fav. ^^;

In fact, he became the main reason that I continued to read DGM. I wasn't interested in the plot, but more interested in the characters. Allen's character development was a huge surprise for me. At first he just seemed like a naive and kind boy. He was basically a gentlemen and I thought that was all there was to him. However he proved me dead wrong in the later chapters when we get more into his thoughts. Not only that but his innocence is just amazing.

Now however, I'm more interested in the plot than when I first started the manga. The current chapters are amazing I feel like we're still at the beginning. There is a lot in the future for DGM.

_____

Quote Originally Posted by aaaarrrggh View Post
    hmm i still don't have the courage to continue past volume 3.. -_-'
    For my part, i'm not really hooked by dgm story yet.
    Your situation here sounds much like mine when I first got into Bleach. It took me a year to really get into the story. I would read it, then drop it, and come back to it again, and then drop it again. It seemed quite popular and I thought the characters were interesting, but the storyline was boring. I decided in the end to skip the boring chapters and go into the ones that people say are interesting which was the Soul Society arc. I really got hooked then and later on I read the beginning chapters.

I'm not sure if you're familiar with Bleach, but you can do the same with DGM unless you don't like the idea of skipping chapters. It is much less painful.

The first couple volumes in Bleach are introductory chapters and the plot line doesn't really start until the Soul Society arc (are a little before then). One Piece is similar in this fashion as well and I think DGM follows the same formula. I feel like the plot doesn't really start until the fourth volume (when the Exorcists doesn't just go into any random missions but one that is important to the overall plot) and it starts to get really good around the time they leave for Edo. Around this time the artwork is much better and we are given much more depth into the characters emotions and their interactions with each other.

And now I'm really tired and need to go to bed.
    Last edited by Sydney; 12-03-2007 at 06:45 AM. Reason: grammar

...well, I haven't even started with Bleach....^^;

Wow, for your first post it's a lot you write....and yay for Allen-fan <3

Well, I'm sure there are other manga out there that start off slowly but I'm familiar with Bleach and One Piece. They're the only few manga that I read so I compare DGM with them.

And yeah. Allen needs more fan-love, because he's just awesome.

Two words kept me reading d grayman Crown Clown!!! coolest weapon ever used by a shonen hero in my opinion