Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

What kept you reading DGM?

I'm wondering, what keeps you people to read DGM?

How do you feel about this manga, what do you love about this manga?
    Anything what makes you want to read this manga?

Let's start with myself...

The first reason what attracted me to this manga was this weird name... D.Gray Man...
    So i began doing a little research on what this manga was like, and found out it had this amazing art style, i was sold right away.
    The storyline is really original to me, not quite the ordinary storyline for a shonen manga if you ask me.
    Eventhough there is this thing that leads towards god, which normally is just boring... (well imo religion is just boring, no offence) i still like it, the way it's combined with religion is in a exciting way, not just peace shitty things, but war and fights with demons and stuff.

Then there's the Earl of the millenium, his character is just amazing, like when he appears.

"HELLO THERE DEAR! <3 <3 !!" his bling bling appearances are just hiliarious, i always smile or laugh when he pops up like that.

The demons (akuma for example) in this manga are other than most demons in manga/anime, which is a real big PLUS.

Overall, it's one of the greatest manga i've ever read, i hope it will stay with us till the end.

I think I'am reading DGM to 90% because of the Earl.
    He's the best manga villain ever. Like a...psychopath with style Oo His appearence, his way of speaking and handling situations makes him just great <3
    If they would defeat him and a new enemy would pop up, I would problaby just stop reading^^

Oh and I like manga where people are fighting AND dying, because it keeps the fights exciting(counter-example: Bleach, fights there are just boring, because you know from the beginning, that the good and bad guy will survive somehow..).

-_-'
    Oh this thread is the question i wanted to ask.
    Is this shounen gets really better after volume 3?

Because i gotta say, this is the worst shounen i ever read after 3 volumes. So i'm wondering if i'll continue this story. It's obviously getting better after, as i see there are many people liking it, but i want to make sure :^)

Quote Originally Posted by aaaarrrggh View Post
    Oh this thread is the question i wanted to ask.
    Is this shounen gets really better after volume 3?

Because i gotta say, this is the worst shounen i ever read after 3 volumes. So i'm wondering if i'll continue this story. It's obviously getting better after, as i see there are many people liking it, but i want to make sure :^)
    Agree 100%. I expected more from it since it's in the Weekly Jump, after 4 volumes I'm thinking on dropping it (but there are so many fans that I also think it must get better, but I always prefer reading something else better than DGM... it's soo boring at the moment).

When you look at the negative attention the series receives, it's pretty much always from somebody who hasn't read very far into it. It's average at best until chapter 50+, and from that point on, it has gotten better and better with non-stop action up until the 130s, and now at 138 it looks like we're diving right back into it.

It's easily been the most enjoyable Shonen Jump manga over the last year or so, imo.

Well, from what people are saying, it obviously gets better later on.
    I tried reading the first couple of chapters, but it was pretty boring...But I guess I can't judge it from the first couple of chapters, then?

-_-'
    I think of the first 3 volumes, below than average shounen but that's just my opinion :
    The story is not interesting, the jokes are not working, the main character got no charisma and he's not really special (and his arm is ugly), the scenes are sometimes really confused, progression from one sequence to another isn't done very properly, the drawing style is common, and other many things.

But i just learnt from wiki that the author is quite young (born in 1980), that's probably why the story telling doesn't work very well (at least for the first 3 volumes).

Anyway, blud's post has convinced me to read the next volumes, so maybe i'll like it

I must admit that i didn't like one piece at the beginning and now i'm liking it (though thriller bark is not thrilling me xD)

Indeed, I encourage everyone to read until they're in Edo, and if you still don't find yourself compelled to read more, then give it up.

r.a.n.d.o.m.n.e.s.s.
    Mentally in the anime world, physically in Singapore ;)
    For me I actually started reading the manga at chapter 110.. Cause the newest anime episode was not out at the time.. >< So I kind of plunged into the action straight from the start.. And only decided to read from the beginning to find out what exactly was happening when I caught up with the newest chapter..

The first thing that attracts me to watch the anime and read the manga is also the name like gin0va. It was on TV and my dad said it's nice. So I tried to watch one episode(Episode 23) and I was totally in already!! I like the comedy and all the action and stuffs. Each character has its own unique personality and backgrounds which is quite cute for example, Allen's. I look forward to more AllenXLenalee stuffs!!! TT