View Poll Results: What did you think of the chapter?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent

    8 38.10%
  • Good

    4 19.05%
  • Average

    6 28.57%
  • Bad

    2 9.52%
  • Terrible

    1 4.76%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 55
  1. #11
    cereal killer ^^ Aren_Uoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    119
    Awww~~♥ Orihime smashed into a pole while on the phone, that was kinda cute : )
    So far Ichigo's battle has started out like every other battle in bleach: enemy gets power up and teleports behind Ichigo, Ichigo happens to dodge then they start doing mindless chatter...what will happen next?? a predictable out come what else!!

  2. #12
    Senior Member Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Aren_Uoka View Post
    Awww~~♥ Orihime smashed into a pole while on the phone, that was kinda cute : )
    So far Ichigo's battle has started out like every other battle in bleach: enemy gets power up and teleports behind Ichigo, Ichigo happens to dodge then they start doing mindless chatter...what will happen next?? a predictable out come what else!!
    The enemy will use his/her power, Ichigo gets hit, then evades/blocks the second one, thinks of Rukia in bikini, level 2 fullbring, Ichigo ends the fight by destroying the dollhouse using his newly acuaired power.

  3. #13
    The Emperor of Everything dct21's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzumaki_Tim View Post
    Which panel Daz? The skillfully done shading from the colour white to the colour white? Or the lines drawn with the aid of a ruler... Sometimes I swear one piece fans just don't understand the brilliance of Kubo's art
    count me in, it seems like all his characters can be related since they all have the same face.


    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    The enemy will use his/her power, Ichigo gets hit, then evades/blocks the second one, thinks of Rukia in bikini, level 2 fullbring, Ichigo ends the fight by destroying the dollhouse using his newly acuaired power.
    i could tottaly see that happening, but if he breaks the tank wouldn't they stay small.

  4. #14
    Serial Killer Next Door LeaT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,378
    I liked the chapter. Would like to see a bit more background because I feel that's what we're currently missing. Also nice to have a fight upcoming, it was actually quite a long time since.
    Avatar and signature by me.

  5. #15
    Senior Member Shock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    4,024
    I think Bleach's talent isn't so much in backgrounds as it is in expressing emotions in their characters, facial features, fashion and clothing, but One Piece is more of a focus on the vast backgrounds and fantastic locations, objects used for interaction, and plot. You can honestly look a One piece and see their characters (while developed well through story line) have limited visual development, though thank goodness for his awesome ability to write a story and show it "overall". Kubo though can express his story through the characters themselves, and not so much in the plot or background development, I can't think of anyone off hand who can display emotion through facial features and gestures better than Kubo, but I also can't think of anyone who can express emotion through the storyline and overall visual design better than Oda. Naruto kinda falls in the middle of the two, thats why I think more people like Naruto while Bleach and OP fans are usually 2 extremes of the manga world and generally don't like each other lol.

    On Topic:

    I want Ichigo to get his ass handed to him in the "fight"! If it is a serious fight between a trained professional fullbring user and a 1-2 day in-actually-using/having a fullbring user, she should have no reason not to immediately win. If he wins its because shes f-ing retarded, gave it away to him, or hes the Soul King himself...

    Prediction: Ichigo gets the shiz kicked out of him, grasps this fullbring a little better, has an evolution in it, gets the upper hand on Dirty Boots, is drained of his "energy" from overuse of fullbring, Dirty Boots uses some kind of other technique using the water to beat Ichigo while he has no power, training complete.
    A pie in the sky?

  6. #16
    Senior Member cross777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,777
    it was a good chapter i liked it. i don't really have much else to say LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #17
    Senior Member FenixMarco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    3,709
    @Shock, Isn't this trainning? And not a actual serious fight between Ichigo and Jackie? I would assume she could win against him right away, but that be pointless.

  8. #18
    Serial Killer Next Door LeaT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,378
    I think Bleach's talent isn't so much in backgrounds as it is in expressing emotions in their characters, facial features, fashion and clothing, but One Piece is more of a focus on the vast backgrounds and fantastic locations, objects used for interaction, and plot. You can honestly look a One piece and see their characters (while developed well through story line) have limited visual development, though thank goodness for his awesome ability to write a story and show it "overall". Kubo though can express his story through the characters themselves, and not so much in the plot or background development, I can't think of anyone off hand who can display emotion through facial features and gestures better than Kubo, but I also can't think of anyone who can express emotion through the storyline and overall visual design better than Oda. Naruto kinda falls in the middle of the two, thats why I think more people like Naruto while Bleach and OP fans are usually 2 extremes of the manga world and generally don't like each other lol.
    Shock, fantastically well said. In early interviews Kubo himself said that he was not interested in background designs because he thought too well-designed backgrounds would detract the reader from the characters that he thinks are important to the plot (obviously). I have even mentioned this before, yet people seem to incessantly forget about it.

    I also think it is obvious this is the case if we look at how the characters in Bleach have developed over the years. Ichigo looks nothing like he did in the beginning! I agree with you that the characters' outwards appearances do in fact reflect their inner personality, just look at how Ichigo had a very edgy face (literarily), but now his facial lines are very soft to the point of being androgynous. I think this reflects the development of Ichigo moving from being an emo edgy teenage boy to what we have today (I will refuse to define it because someone will object, lol).

    And for those who were wondering why Kubo do these large 2 page character spreads, this is the reason why. By dedicating so much space to a character introduction, it is possible for Kubo to put more detail into the artwork and thus give the readers a better overall idea of how the character is like.

    As for OP and Bleach being two extremes, I think I disagree. Most of the Bleach haters who come here to whine every week are Naruto fans <.<
    Avatar and signature by me.

  9. #19
    Lollipop Candy ♥BAD♥ girl daz bonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    PDengkholan Blah Gono
    Posts
    2,048
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzumaki_Tim View Post
    Which panel Daz? The skillfully done shading from the colour white to the colour white? Or the lines drawn with the aid of a ruler... Sometimes I swear one piece fans just don't understand the brilliance of Kubo's art

    LOL! i mean this....
    Spoiler!

    Kubo really like to do this stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by dct21 View Post
    count me in, it seems like all his characters can be related since they all have the same face.
    __________________


    Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Fisher Tiger is a punk ass bitch.

    -----credit to Maximo for the kick ass ava----

  10. #20
    im really really sure that tsukishima is Inoue's lost brtoher.. what do you think?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •