Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Amargo Deathscythe View Post
    i'm a dc guy. marvel has so many retcons of their characters stories its frustrating i know dc does it too but its far fewer. how many X-Men stories are there now? and how many times has spider-man's story been rebooted in the comics? pick a origin and stick to it for more than 2 or three years.
    Exactly. Marvel's futile attempt at fixing their storyline caused more chaos and confusion.

Not that I hate Marvel, I just don't see the point of reading it.

This Machine Pwns n00bs Amargo Deathscythe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrary View Post
    Exactly. Marvel's futile attempt at fixing their storyline caused more chaos and confusion.

Well considering the story may change again next week making what you just read unnecessary to the plot kinda defeats the purpose of reading in the first place

SIG AND AVA BY JAIDEN

Well considering the story may change again next week making what you just read unnecessary to the plot kinda defeats the purpose of reading in the first place
    LOL

Oh well, after the Brightest Day... I wonder what's up. I haven't checked the recent issues for that storyline.

true that i mean the X mean and avengers rosters change extremely often. but thats why i like them i mean it keeps them really fresh even if it gets confusing some times. although i have to say the ultimate universe, even though i liked it, it frustrated me a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    true that i mean the X mean and avengers rosters change extremely often. but thats why i like them i mean it keeps them really fresh even if it gets confusing some times. although i have to say the ultimate universe, even though i liked it, it frustrated me a lot.
    Im guessing its cause they decided to kill...Oh I dont know, Practically EVERYONE!! Seriously that was a huge move right there and I was surprised when it came back. Ultimate Spider-Man is one of my top favorite Comics though

Quote Originally Posted by Calcifer View Post
    Got to be Shinhan for me, He dickrides the mods like there's no tomorrow.

IK I MEAN HOLLY S**T MAN they did kill just about every one i mean gosh. i loved the U.U. but it just made me so mad. i mean my favorite character is gambit and they killed him off. and the way they did it made me mad to. but seriously i liked it just not where they killed like every one.

but i really thing fear its self is going to be an epic event.
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm quite not sure if there has been a similar thread before.

Anyway, DC fan. Marvel's too childish and cluttered for me.
    Cluttered I get, but it seems the same and equal with DC. Childish, I don't get.
    Reading many titles from both actually and even though DC is trying more so now, I have always saw Marvel as the more realistic universe. Seems childish that you have things like SuperMan, and things claiming to be Gods, come in and for like 40 years, every1 doesn't question them in any way. They just accept it and act like we will now always have these heroes, just seems naieve.
    Being realistic seems like it would have greatly torn the human community in 2 and there would have been a lot more Lex Luthor types roaming around.

Since we're listing titles we read, I have Spider-Man, Hulk, Thunderbolts, X-men, and more recently Uncanny X-force(Truly 1 of the best new titles), and Avengers. While on the DC side Green Lanterns, Batman, Justice League Generation Lost(really good, needed series), Secret 6, both Teen /Titans and (the previously really hard to get into, but thanks to the recent revamp, @ a perfect jumping on point) Wonder Woman and sometimes Superman.
    Oh, and the recent Marvel space titles like Annihilation, War of Kings, and Thanos Imperative have been brilliant.

i'm a dc guy. marvel has so many retcons of their characters stories its frustrating i know dc does it too but its far fewer. how many X-Men stories are there now? and how many times has spider-man's story been rebooted in the comics? pick a origin and stick to it for more than 2 or three years.

About the bold part, could say the exact same thing for Batman, and Superman. Seems like that pot calling the Kettle, black. I mean almost every title gets the Year 1 treatment both in their separate series and in a subsequent Year 1 title, or ongoing like the "Confidential" title.
    Not really sure what you guys mean. Both X-men and Avengers have gotten a lot more precise and contained. While J.L.A. and J.S.A. both basically the counterparts of Marvel's X-men and Avengers, have gotten equally concise. Don't really see a difference.

Both have had hits and misses with their be all, end all events and tie-ins but I can't really say either have a glaring edge over the other or even a subtle 1.

IK I MEAN HOLLY S**T MAN they did kill just about every one i mean gosh. i loved the U.U. but it just made me so mad. i mean my favorite character is gambit and they killed him off. and the way they did it made me mad to. but seriously i liked it just not where they killed like every one.
    But the thing about the Ultimate universe is that it is it's own alternate universe. It's not really a new origin story. It's just like it's own, slightly more realistic, (love how they chose to do Thor), alternate universe in what Kingdom Come, and the Dark Knight Returns was to the DCUniverse, except Marvel was smart enough to make it last as an ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by SCarred Luffy Lvl:Z View Post
    But the thing about the Ultimate universe is that it is it's own alternate universe. It's not really a new origin story. It's just like it's own, slightly more realistic, (love how they chose to do Thor), alternate universe in what Kingdom Come, and the Dark Knight Returns was to the DCUniverse, except Marvel was smart enough to make it last as an ongoing.
    i did not say it was an origin change i was agreeing with where they killed every one off. i liked it like i said i thought it was really cool and loved the character designs a lot but idk it still bugged me a lot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LOL

Oh well, after the Brightest Day... I wonder what's up. I haven't checked the recent issues for that storyline.
    I haven't read the Brightest Day yet, is it any good? And is it better than the Blackest Night?

Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

Got question here, I don't read Marvel or DC comics, just know the gist of both sides remembering all the cartoons I watch back in the 90s and some of the movies. Hell I'm just surprised its still ongoing since those comics originated nearly a century ago. Anyways on to the question, do the Japanese scan Marvel and DC comics like we do with their Manga? You know the way we read our weekly manga from mangastream. Do they have like a comicstream lol? Get there Batman and Superman fix as well X men and avengers and so on.