Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

The Comic Book Thread!

I think it be pretty nice for some comic book lovers to go ahead and chat away about certain comics they read and give some nice reviews on some they read

I like to go and say I read a lot of comics, Mostly Spider-Man ones since he is my favorite Superhero and the art in some of them I think are better then most Manga Artists!

Example:

Great Damn Cover if you ask me, Art is beautiful, nothing but the best

So Im more of a Marvel guy, Ill read DC sometimes but not really much though

So what do you guys read?

Quote Originally Posted by Calcifer View Post
    Got to be Shinhan for me, He dickrides the mods like there's no tomorrow.

I'm also pretty much a marvel guy as I find little interest in DC other than the Green Lantern stuff i.e. the Blackest Night. I did watch Batman Beyond though, that wasn't too bad. I like all characters for Marvel, but I guess my favorite would have to be Silver Surfer and I read all of the comics for him. Silver Surfer blends all the earthly and non-earthly storylines together, so I have a mix of both.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Currently reading/watching:
    One Piece, Naruto, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kenichi, Hajime No Ippo The Rising, Hunter x Hunter

Am a Marvel guy through and through. I grew up reading The Hulk, love the Hulk, one of my top three Marvel characters of all time. The other two are Wolverine and Spiderman. Love the X-Men, Spiderman of course, Iron Man, Punisher, Captain America, The Fantastic Four, one the greatest villians in the Marvel universe Galactus, Namor (who doesn't get much love), and Thor. There's others but the list would be a whole lot longer. I read DC too, I got much love for them but some of their heroes/villains I can't into them like I do Marvel characters. The usual suspects like Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, and Wonder Woman there some of my favs on the DC roster that I can pick up one there comics and start to read it. I did enjoy the parts of the Blackest Night series that I did read (I need finish it actually).

Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

I'm quite not sure if there has been a similar thread before.

Anyway, DC fan. Marvel's too childish and cluttered for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrary View Post
    I'm quite not sure if there has been a similar thread before.
    I'll look for it at some point today.

I stopped reading anything beyond 2000AD and Judge Dredd: The Megazine
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    If Pow wrote the manga it would be accurate as fuck lol. I stand behind Pow(while humping his leg) on this one.
    Troll Tagged by Uzumaki_Tim

Quote Originally Posted by thsv View Post
    I'll look for it at some point today.

I stopped reading anything beyond 2000AD and Judge Dredd: The Megazine
    those must of been some old comics lol, Never heard of them

Quote Originally Posted by Calcifer View Post
    Got to be Shinhan for me, He dickrides the mods like there's no tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris200 View Post
    those must of been some old comics lol, Never heard of them
    Not really. They're British comics. 2000AD has only been around for 34 years, The Megazine only 20. Most DC and Marvel comics pre-date that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    If Pow wrote the manga it would be accurate as fuck lol. I stand behind Pow(while humping his leg) on this one.
    Troll Tagged by Uzumaki_Tim

true and i do not think a comic sub forum would be a bad idea either. i mean we could get a lot more than one thread going but any who.

and who ever said there was a thread for this they might have been thinking about the comic book movie news thread i started a while ago but there two different things so.......................

and ill say this fear its self looks like its just going to be epic. probably one of the biggest events marvel has done i can not wait for it.
    http://marvel.com/comic_books/events/302/fear_itself
    Last edited by cross777; 03-26-2011 at 11:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by thsv View Post
    Not really. They're British comics. 2000AD has only been around for 34 years, The Megazine only 20. Most DC and Marvel comics pre-date that.
    1940s comics FTW!

This Machine Pwns n00bs Amargo Deathscythe's Avatar
    i'm a dc guy. marvel has so many retcons of their characters stories its frustrating i know dc does it too but its far fewer. how many X-Men stories are there now? and how many times has spider-man's story been rebooted in the comics? pick a origin and stick to it for more than 2 or three years.

SIG AND AVA BY JAIDEN