Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 60
  1. #41
    C'mon Son! OrochiKakaRiya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    currently outside your window
    Posts
    655
    I've always loved Marvel. And I have to agree with Chris200. Marvel's stories alwaya build on the character. Leading to you knowing or understanding the character's complete story. For instance Wolverine.

    Wolverine's first appearance was in the Hulk. I'm assuming maybe several years after he escaped weapon X.

    Jump forward to him joing the X-men's second team.

    Then they went back and explained the whole weapon X/ Alpha Team saga. Where he got the adamantium skeleton.

    Then they go back to the conflict with the Hulk, since Wolverine is the best at what he does, hunting and killing people, they think he'd be the best matchup for the Hulk. Which led to one of the biggest events in Marvel History, IMO, when the Hulk rips his legs off and throw's them miles away.

    Then they started introducing Major Villians from Wolverines long past, such as Lady Death Strike, Silver Samuria, Sabertooth and so on.

    Then Magneto rips the adamantium from his body and you have the whole saga where Wolvy had almost no mutante ability except his animal instincts.

    Then he gets recruited by Apocalypse and gets his adamantium back.

    And lets not forget the entire Age of Apocalpse saga, which was great. Wolvy played a big part in that too.

    I love the multiple reality concepts used. I admit it can get a little hectic trying to keep up with the multiple sagas and what not, but its still a cool concept.

    The one thing that I hated about Marvel, is that during any specific storyline, you have to buy different titles. For instance, the story in Wolverine #45, may be continued in Fantastic Four #25, which is then followed by X-Men #302, followed by Cable #7, followed by Ultimate Avengers #2.
    Beware of the Kyubii


    Stev3child - The biggest pussy of them all is rokudaime sennin though. If he was a real man, he wouldn't have relied on hax god-given powers to seal the Jyubi. He would have suplexed that bitch and ripped each tail from the beast one by one with his bare hands.

  2. #42
    Global Moderator Jaiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,836
    Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post
    You're calling Marvel characters "one dimensional" compared to what, exactly? DC characters?

    Part of the reason why DC lost so many readers was because their only character with any sort of dimension was Batman. Everything else was a satire of whatever political situation existed in the world back then.
    Cannot help but to agree with this statement for some reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by OrochiKakaRiya View Post

    The one thing that I hated about Marvel, is that during any specific storyline, you have to buy different titles. For instance, the story in Wolverine #45, may be continued in Fantastic Four #25, which is then followed by X-Men #302, followed by Cable #7, followed by Ultimate Avengers #2.
    Same thing can be said for DC too.
    Last edited by Jaiden; 03-30-2011 at 04:47 PM.

    Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

  3. #43
    C'mon Son! OrochiKakaRiya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    currently outside your window
    Posts
    655
    I'm just curious, since this is the comic book thread, has anyone read the "Secret invasion" Marvel comics? I read "Infinity War" and "Infinity Crusades" <--- I believe that was the name. I was wondering if the Secrect Invasion was any better then the other 2 I mentioned.
    Beware of the Kyubii


    Stev3child - The biggest pussy of them all is rokudaime sennin though. If he was a real man, he wouldn't have relied on hax god-given powers to seal the Jyubi. He would have suplexed that bitch and ripped each tail from the beast one by one with his bare hands.

  4. #44
    This Machine Pwns n00bs Amargo Deathscythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    3,573
    Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post
    You're calling Marvel characters "one dimensional" compared to what, exactly? DC characters?

    Part of the reason why DC lost so many readers was because their only character with any sort of dimension was Batman. Everything else was a satire of whatever political situation existed in the world back then.
    Like marvel wasn't. iron man wouldn't exist if not for the cold war, same goes for captain america and WW II. hell i'm surprised marvel didn't come up with a character for the Iraqi invasion. yeah DC lost those readers in the 90's. and guess what? the grew up and caught on to the monotony that is marvel

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris200 View Post
    When did Peter ever go back to High School? It sounds more like your comparing Universes instead of the same thing

    Spider-Man has grown up over time, Let's see

    -His uncle Ben was killed cause he let the crook go
    -He Finished High School and went to College
    -Finished College
    -Got in the Avengers
    -Had his first love killed by trying to save her(Seriously if you dont think this makes a person grow up then you have some issues)
    -Fell in Love with Mary Jane and Married her
    -Clone Saga(Losing someone who was like a brother to him)
    -Quit being Spider-Man to take care of his newborn child and raise a family
    -Civil War(Nuff said)
    Etc

    There's so much that he has done and so much he has gone through, Just cause he makes jokes more then 90% of the time doesn't mean that he isn't grown up

    Back on topic, If anything DC's story events are kinda dried up. I mean OK. Batman died, Big whoop. Just like every other comic character he dies and comes back. Marvel is also more recognized by more then 90% of the earth cause it reflects on so much stuff in the real world
    yeah peter has done all of that.....and then another spider-man comic comes out and hits the reset button, or mary jane forgets who he is, or he loses his powers,or venom attacks for the 600th time but not with anything new just the same old i'll find you and kill you because you can't sense me, just the same old B.S.

    marvel has pretty much hacked the same 6 stories for spider-man over and over. those stories are 1.)power loss, 2.)family issues, 3.)bullying/pubic dislike, 4.)mary jane gone missing, 5.)venom attacks, 6.) Carnage attacks, And just when everybody gets bored they throw a random ass team up with someone. and people i give you spider-man's history as dry as it can be

    marvel is recognized because it tries too hard to be like the real world but when the majority of that "90%" you mentioned grows up they tend to leave marvel alone aside from the movies, which became quite repetitive to the point that marvel is rebooting those too (honestly was anyone surprised by that?).

    marvel has to be the most cluttered fuckery there is. how many super heroes are located in new york alone and yet it's still crime infested. well i guess that them being "real"

    and just so you know batman isn't dead, hasn't died and probably won't die for a while
    Last edited by thsv; 03-31-2011 at 07:17 AM.

    SIG AND AVA BY JAIDEN

  5. #45
    Senior Member cross777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,776
    Quote Originally Posted by OrochiKakaRiya View Post
    The one thing that I hated about Marvel, is that during any specific storyline, you have to buy different titles. For instance, the story in Wolverine #45, may be continued in Fantastic Four #25, which is then followed by X-Men #302, followed by Cable #7, followed by Ultimate Avengers #2.
    thats why they have such great sales across the boards this is done one purpose in part to help sales of lesser preforming series.

    and the secret invasion was good the only problem is as you said you will have to jump around to find it.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Amargo Deathscythe View Post
    dude with dc you can actually count the amounts of recons. with marvel its a new one every two minutes and not to mention "who was dead last week will die again this week only to be resurrected next week but only because the second death didn't count because stan lee was hung over that day" and how many x-men titles are there right now along with conflicting storylines an how many canceled x-men and spider-man AND avengers comics have there been in the last 10 years alone?

    Marvel doesn't know if they want to go right, left or jump off a cliff. not to mention when marvel lost the rights to Captain Marvel and couldn't quite recover for a few years. how the hell do you lose the rights to a character named after your own damn company?!?

    and the constant killing of the avengers, seriously how necessary is that. just send the characters back to their original comics and build on their story instead of killing them and then fucking up multiple story lines in all the comics, especially when the writing for most of the comics weren't even headed in that direction.

    and most of the crap marvel does is for shock value. it was shocking the first time the character died, the 15th time it gets a little old. and how many times is peter gonna lose his powers. i mean currently he's only lost his spider-sense but damn how many times has that horse been beaten to death, or a dark version of wolverine becoming a problem, or some odd version of hulk going berserk.

    with marvel its the same shit just a different day
    Quote Originally Posted by Amargo Deathscythe View Post
    yeah marvel has a bigger character roster......and character grave yard, and larger amount of dead story lines, and a larger amount of hacked story lines. they have good characters but don't know how to use them. marvel is one dimensional with its characters, they're all tortured souls except like 4 or 5 of them. even the kids in marvel stories are depressing.and if they try to make a character happy in one comic they stay the same in the other 9 comics involving the same character causing an irregular story line and in the end the happy version gets killed/canceled/tormented all over again giving us the same old shit

    at least when dc characters change it actually effects the universe as a whole, when marvel characters change either they're about to die or be rebooted. nothing against the characters i'm just tired of peter parker going back to high school every few years or the x-men changing the original roster or killing off and bringing back the same people over and over again, or captain America's story flipping repeatedly. there's no familiarity and they ran out of originality in the 90's

    hell robin grew up why can't spider-man?
    Are you kidding? You sound like you don't even read marvel, and just hold an old grudge against Marvel. Big deal, they lost their 1 title character. Yet in fans are still #1 overall. In the sense that up until like 5 years ago, DC was always behind Marvel, and now that DC finally made it a competition, (not a 1-sided competition), but a true competition going back and forth. You talk about how you want consistency, yet don't want things to be 1-dimensional and have an impact on real life. Like I've said I am now a fan of both and a reader of both, but to completely knock Marvel without even recognizing the same exact similarities in DC is sad. In Brightest Day, and Blackest Night alone some of the same characters, died, came back to life, and died again, some @ least twice.
    There are only 2 X-men titles with 2 other highly related X-men titles, but not purely X-men titles.
    On the other hand there are like 4-5 Batman titles, with like another 4 related, but not purely Batman titles. All after Batman became a "group" instead of 1 man. Change, but a necessary change, who knows. J.L.A. and J.S.A needed to reboot in the 1st place because there was like 3 titles for each, and now with J.S.A. it seems like once again there is 3 titles for it. For the last 4 years if you've read wizard you could see just how impressively cohesive, the Marvel universe has become, especially the X-men and Avengers titles. the Avengers havenen't killed members in over 4 years and even on Avengers disassembled, they only killed like 2 out of their entire roster, not the whole primary team.

    And then Batan's supposed R.I.P. storyline was just that, a supposed death. And in in his individual titles, a badly done supposed death.

    You do realize that almost all DC characters are generational, as in they have a predecessor, and or an ancestor, and or a legacy. Some all existing @ the same time. How many Unique stories can you make based on the same returning villains, just against people with slightly differing powers. Once again, Pot calling the Kettle, "Black"
    Actually, both the Runaways, and Young Avengers, pretty much Marvel's only teen teams are pretty fun loving, and carefree, except when threatened. Talking about "tone", and tone changes, have you not seen both Titans, Batman, Superman, and Green Lantern, going just as dark.



    Marvel has a bigger roster and they have been using them in different ways.
    Until a while ago, Thunderbolts was a unique concept but now DC has the Secret 6 which are both great series in their own right, but very similar concepts. You act like true pain goes away in a matter of days. Comics normally cover a day, or a week or even a month. You expect people to get over stuff within an issue or 2. Seriously? In Dc people have rarely gone after loved 1's and when they do the loved 1's normally live any way. This is why Identity Crisis was so important for the DCU. They are just now dealing with what Marvel has been dealing with for years. And look how long it took Ray Palmer to get over it. That was more than 6 years ago in our time, and probably 2 years ago in comic time, and he still hasn't gotten over it. Superman and his characters have just really begun to age and have changes forced on them because they obviously was a little 1-dimensional themselves.

    You bought up PP going back to high school? The last time he did that was a couple of years ago to teach High School, to give back in his everyday life as well. You really want him to constantly stay @ the daily Bugle for the rest of his life and never really change from being a photographer like Jimmy Olsen has? Really? It took having to almost be told to focus on their B and C-list characters for DC to do so. Yes they did so brilliantly but Marvel normally weaves their
    B and C list characters into stories and titles anyway.

    Noticed you didn't address my other points from before. Do you honestly think a world where it took many decades for people's loved 1's to be targeted, and the double-sidedness of human greed, government, and people's fascination with heroes and celebrities, to be dealt with, is more realistic? Yeah, Marvel is dark, because real life is dark. Up until the last decades, Dc has only had a sprinkling of real life, thus why they maintained their idealism, and still do. Do you also really believe in a universe that endured "Final Crisis", people would really, just go about their actions afterwards like nothing happened? It's called poetic license. Every1 in all of comics use it, NOT Just Marvel

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargo Deathscythe View Post
    Like marvel wasn't. iron man wouldn't exist if not for the cold war, same goes for captain america and WW II. hell i'm surprised marvel didn't come up with a character for the Iraqi invasion. yeah DC lost those readers in the 90's. and guess what? they grew up and caught on to the monotony that is marvel
    They as in who? DC? They grew up and did the exact same thing? So you're faulting Marvel for doing it 1st?...
    ....Y... e... a...h..., some1 just has pure rage issues @ Marvel, w/O knowing why.

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargo Deathscythe View Post
    yeah peter has done all of that.....and then another spider-man comic comes out and hits the reset button, or mary jane forgets who he is, or he loses his powers,or venom attacks for the 600th time but not with anything new just the same old i'll find you and kill you because you can't sense me, just the same old B.S.

    marvel has pretty much hacked the same 6 stories for spider-man over and over. those stories are 1.)power loss, 2.)family issues, 3.)bullying/pubic dislike, 4.)mary jane gone missing, 5.)venom attacks, 6.) Carnage attacks, And just when everybody gets bored they throw a random ass team up with someone. and people i give you spider-man's history as dry as it can be

    marvel is recognized because it tries too hard to be like the real world but when the majority of that "90%" you mentioned grows up they tend to leave marvel alone aside from the movies, which became quite repetitive to the point that marvel is rebooting those too (honestly was anyone surprised by that?).

    marvel has to be the most cluttered fuckery there is. how many super heroes are located in new york alone and yet it's still crime infested. well i guess that them being "real"

    and just so you know batman isn't dead, hasn't died and probably won't die for a while
    What other Spider-Man are you talking about? Besides, read what I said ^ on "DC's heroes legacies" Where exactly are you getting your facts from. If droves of people left Marvel, when reaching adulthood, then how can there still be an almost even competition between the 2? Marvel or no comics for that matter, constanly gets new readers like that.

    Look @ how many heroes are located in Gotham and Metropolis alone, yet they are just as bad still, really? There have been new Venoms, new Venom abilities, and pretty much no kidnapping of MJ. While can you say the same thing about all of Superman's and Batman's enemies? Batman's father supposedly came back? as a villain? WTF?

    Quite frankly the biggest problem here is you can't see that DC does the exact same things just with different characters and slightly differing situations. How many times has Green Arrow gone against some dark/black/ or w.e. archer/Arrow with no real improvements? Dude, now you're ignoring reality in order to make your argument. Dc has the same issues Marvel has. Pretty much every big/ish company does. You just choose to ignore that part of the truth.
    Last edited by thsv; 03-31-2011 at 07:19 AM.

  7. #47
    Senior Member kuroihikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Amargo Deathscythe View Post
    Like marvel wasn't. iron man wouldn't exist if not for the cold war, same goes for captain america and WW II. hell i'm surprised marvel didn't come up with a character for the Iraqi invasion. yeah DC lost those readers in the 90's. and guess what? the grew up and caught on to the monotony that is marvel
    True. However, there's a huge difference.

    From the start, Iron Man and other "satires" in the Marvel universe like Hulk were introduced as people with problems of their own. The X-Men were a bunch of super kids who were outcast from society. Even Captain America's reboot made him into a person lost in a new world and not just a symbol of Great America.

    In DC you mostly got things like conservatives/liberals in Green Lantern/Green Archer or women's rights in Wonder Woman. The clash of ideologies instead of personalities makes for a great read, especially for a reader like me who would mostly prefer to skip the drama, but to point at Marvel's characters as being "one dimensional" compared to DC characters of all things is just plain incorrect.

  8. #48
    Senior Member cross777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,776
    thats what i think i mean look at the x mean look at how absolutely deep that story is i mean that what makes marvel better than dc. not to mention not offence but there characters are a bit better. i like DC but i just like marvel better. and i do not see why some of you guys are so down on marvel.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  9. #49
    This Machine Pwns n00bs Amargo Deathscythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    3,573
    Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post
    True. However, there's a huge difference.

    From the start, Iron Man and other "satires" in the Marvel universe like Hulk were introduced as people with problems of their own. The X-Men were a bunch of super kids who were outcast from society. Even Captain America's reboot made him into a person lost in a new world and not just a symbol of Great America.

    In DC you mostly got things like conservatives/liberals in Green Lantern/Green Archer or women's rights in Wonder Woman. The clash of ideologies instead of personalities makes for a great read, especially for a reader like me who would mostly prefer to skip the drama, but to point at Marvel's characters as being "one dimensional" compared to DC characters of all things is just plain incorrect.
    i never said when compared to dc characters they were one dimensional. i did say they were one dimensional but thats in comparison to any characters that actually have layers. other than wolverine and (occasionally) peter parker everyone else is kinda boring. i never said dc was layered by the way, i just said the characters actually progressed. they move from one attitude but get stuck on another one unfortunately. dc pisses me off with the overly goodie two shoes vibe of superman and the no nonsense of green lantern. i read batman, wonder woman, green arrow, you know, the heroes that actually have effing personalities.

    everything that bores me about marvel dc does it too just not as badly in my opinion. i know for a fact you can't change a marvel fans mind for shit so i don't. i just state my problems with them and go from there.

    marvel comics have always been lack luster to me. they pretty much have survived off cartoons and movies (which is why marvel ruled the 80's and 90's) but in terms of comics marvel has never been that good to me.

    honestly it was my boredom caused by marvel that lead me to read manga between teen titans and batman releases

    Quote Originally Posted by SCarred Luffy Lvl:Z View Post
    They as who? DC? They grew up and did the exact same thing?
    the readers grew up and jumped ship. a big part of marvels surge was from cartoons in the 80's and 90's. once the appeal of the cartoons were gone dc caught back up

    Quote Originally Posted by SCarred Luffy Lvl:Z View Post
    So you're faulting Marvel for doing it 1st?...
    ....Y... e... a...h..., some1 just has pure rage issues @ Marvel, w/O knowing why.
    i never faulted them for doing it. that was never an issue. the reason i brought it up was because kuroihikari brought up dc's use of political satire. read what i was responding to first and see why i said what i said

    Quote Originally Posted by SCarred Luffy Lvl:Z View Post
    What other Spider-Man are you talking about? Besides, read what I said ^ on "DC's heroes legacies" Where exactly are you getting your facts from. If droves of people left Marvel, when reaching adulthood, then how can there still be an almost even competition between the 2? Marvel or no comics for that matter, constanly gets new readers like that.
    i never said adulthood. i ment grew up as in when the shine of the cartoons and movies weren't so appealing and people noticed that the comics aren't so appealing.

    Quote Originally Posted by SCarred Luffy Lvl:Z View Post
    Look @ how many heroes are located in Gotham and Metropolis alone, yet they are just as bad still, really? There have been new Venoms, new Venom abilities, and pretty much no kidnapping of MJ. While can you say the same thing about all of Superman's and Batman's enemies? Batman's father supposedly came back? as a villain? WTF?
    it's 6 in gotham and 4 in metropolis. and recent comic events justify it being such. as for marvel damn near all the heroes have been in the same place since the start which makes it that much worse. batman's father wasn't a villain. dr hurt claimed to be thomas wayne but he isn't. but thats a whole other story. and a few changes to venom that never stick goes back to my original criticism of marvel bringing up new things with characters and undoubtedly eventually scapping them. in recent time i'll admit that the kidnapping of mj has died down but trust me as soon as ideas start drying up again (probably soon) someone will snatch her up. i couldn't give two shits about superman. i hate him but as for batman besides the original rouges gallery his villain list goes much farther than most heroes so he has alot more to work with. you can count all of spidey's enemies pretty easily. as a matter of fact all of marvel has fought each others enemies at some point. hell i'm surprised DC hasn't fought Doctor Doom since he gets spammed so much through everyones comics

    Quote Originally Posted by SCarred Luffy Lvl:Z View Post
    Quite frankly the biggest problem here is you can't see that DC does the exact same things just with different characters and slightly differing situations. How many times has Green Arrow gone against some dark/black/ or w.e. archer/Arrow with no real improvements? Dude, now you're ignoring reality in order to make your argument. Dc has the same issues Marvel has. Pretty much every big/ish company does. You just choose to ignore that part of the truth.
    i already said earlier that dc does some of the same things. that was the first thing i said so you can throw away that argument, green arrow has had actual character development personally and as well as his villains, where have you been? recently i'll admit he has become a bit dull but the whole arch around Prometheus was gold. i've stated that they dc does some things marvel does and vice-versa. marvel just spams the hell out of it from time to time. and for arguments sake dc does it too which i why i can't stand superman.
    Last edited by thsv; 03-31-2011 at 07:19 AM.

    SIG AND AVA BY JAIDEN

  10. #50
    ^I've read your posts, while you haven't really been getting the points of mine. My problem if anything isn't with not reading; it is with if you use the wrong choice of words to convey it.

    Just above you said:
    the readers grew up and jumped ship. a big part of marvels surge was from cartoons in the 80's and 90's. once the appeal of the cartoons were gone dc caught back up
    But if you meant;
    i never said adulthood. i ment grew up as in when the shine of the cartoons and movies weren't so appealing and people noticed that the comics aren't so appealing.
    , there is a big difference in the conveyed message.


    You do realize, basically since about 2 or less decades after Marvel started, it's been kicking DC's butt in popularity, for decades. Just because you perceive the shows as being the only reason for the interest doesn't make it true. The funny thing is you really believe all this, like it is fact, no matter what. It wasn't that Marvel gained the fans because of the cartoons, movies, and popularity. It is that Marvel was that popular that there was an almost need for movies, shows, to equal and capitalize on that popularity.


    You realize that mostly everybody compares Spider-Man, to Batman, because they both have an extensive rogues gallery. You say the changes don't stick, yet they have, or they continue to change, yet with very little going back. And yet if you look at it, Venom has been the former Scorpion for about 5 years, and now a new series is in the works for a new controller with differing capabilities.

    If you could actually back up the majority of these reasons and examples, with truth, then fine. For your information, I have read Green Arrow, old and new. And Merlynn is no big deal. He has shown up twice in the last few years. What was different? He got new partners? "newer powers", other than still being a normal human? Better aim? Really, WTF? He's smarter, deadlier? Yes sounds like constant changes galore.



    There is the saying that saying that even if you want to take down the system, the only way to do that is to learn the system, and tear it down from within the system. Honestly, making generalizations like your examples without seemingly reading the material, is like eating something 30 years ago and saying you still don't like it, even if you don't remember why. You make lists of reasons why and say that is why, but you have not tasted it lately , and come to the same realization, yet. The list will just be possible reasons, you're not sure of. Until you eat that food again, and even after you eat it, you might not know exactly why you disliked it 30 years ago, like if it tastes differently to you, or if it tastes the same to you , but is none-the less quite different from then. So basically read both equally and you would know just how similar they can be with no great observable difference. If not, you really can't talk about what you don't know. That's like talking about a manga and giving reasons you dislike it, only from the 1st issue which you've read, even while it might have 100's more chapters.
    Think you should recheck your numbers there, There is definitely @ least 8 in Gotham and 5 or more in Metropolis.


    You say you don't like Superman like that but it is still apart of DC. If you make generalizations like you ^did;
    i've stated that they dc does some things marvel does and vice-versa. marvel just spams the hell out of it from time to time
    that is the same as saying that DC does it and spams the hell out of it from time to time. You shall just ignore the equality of how much or how often. Yet you keep stating that Marvel does it more. Even if there is no basis, and you can't show a quantifiable amount as proof, for this statement.

    You say, in some things, I say in virtually every thing 1 does, the other does, and any example you can give, I can give a similar counterpart in the other. Like I say below, That just leaves the #'s of actual times. If you're reading mostly but not all DC titles, and or some but not all of Marvel titles , how would you even know how much Marvel does it? This would mean you either are making up what you believe to be facts about how much "Marvel" does something, or ignoring some of the times that "DC" does it as well.


    If every1 attacks New York to Make a statement, why go anywhere but where the villains will be. Can't arrest or stop them, until they do something.

    And apparently you have not heard of something called the 50 states Initiatve, which was a group of Super-humans for each state. Kinda shoots down that reason, huh.




    Quote Originally Posted by Amargo Deathscythe View Post
    i never said when compared to dc characters they were one dimensional. i did say they were one dimensional but thats in comparison to any characters that actually have layers. other than wolverine and (occasionally) peter parker everyone else is kinda boring. i never said dc was layered by the way, i just said the characters actually progressed. they move from one attitude but get stuck on another one unfortunately. dc pisses me off with the overly goodie two shoes vibe of superman and the no nonsense of green lantern. i read batman, wonder woman, green arrow, you know, the heroes that actually have effing personalities.

    everything that bores me about marvel dc does it too just not as badly in my opinion. i know for a fact you can't change a marvel fans mind for shit so i don't. i just state my problems with them and go from there.

    marvel comics have always been lack luster to me. they pretty much have survived off cartoons and movies (which is why marvel ruled the 80's and 90's) but in terms of comics marvel has never been that good to me.

    honestly it was my boredom caused by marvel that lead me to read manga between teen titans and batman releases


    That's not entirely true. I used to be all Marvels only fan and wouldn't touch DC except an interesting looking Batman issue. Now I consider myself of fans of a lot of lines , not even just DC and Marvel. I would also argue a person to death that Marvel was perfect and could do no wrong, but now quite frankly, I get the truth. I honestly even wouldn't have bothered to respond, except because your only reasoning was that, although pretty much doing the same thing, you perceive it as being "less" @ DC. You say :

    i know for a fact you can't change a marvel fans mind for shit so i don't
    when the same can be said about you.

    If their comics were never that good to you, then I doubt you really read them that much. Which means you don't really know that much about it. And if you do read them, then you're apparently forcing yourself to read stuff, you hate, which really makes no sense.


    You might have a real reason, or that might even be your real reason, but to explain it the way you did, you seem to jump around from reason to reason. And you seem just as determined to keep your way of thinking, no matter what, or how you sound.
    You realize that by saying you see "less" of the exact same things, situations, problems, in your opinion, in something that even if there is a difference, or if DC does it less than Marvel it would be like 18/19's to 19/19's. Such an insignificant difference,That you could have a problem with the "more" but not the "less" just seems to indicate, that it might not really be the real reason behind your problem with Marvel, or the reason you like DC. Such that the real reason might just be you just have a preference for DC. Plain and simple. With no reason really involved. That can be expressed without putting down Marvel, maybe simply w/O reason as well, just because you simply really don't like it.
    Last edited by SCarred Luffy Lvl:Z; 03-31-2011 at 12:27 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •