Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    The Emperor of Everything dct21's Avatar
    If haki was everything basically, then it would be too generic.
    Thats probably what its gonna be like in the new world just like df powers were in the first half of the grandline

Another reason why i think Zoro Has Haki

You Have Shanks(confirmed Hakki User) before he lost his arm used to battle Mihawk evenly and shake the heavens. Theres no way mihawk was fighting evnly against someone as talented as shanks without using hakki himself.

Mihawk likes/ is interested in zoro (and luffy) I'm not sure how they trained but it definitely wasn't half-assed. I bet Mihawk beat everything he could into zoro so he could have a worthy opponent now that shanks is armless.

One Piece

Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    well im not talking about some kind of laser eye but just an artificial eye nothing to special just to see. i mean maybe some small stuff but nothing to make it to out of the ordinary. just a fake eye that works.
    Nah, I get that. And I also get that wouldn't necessarily make Zolo a cyborg as well. I realize that this might be an extreme personal bias, but like I said there are certain similarities within the crew, Zolo and Sanji normal humans, Nami and Usopp use their created weapons attuned to them,(technically in a way Zolo might also belong in this category), and the 4 obvious DF-users, but Franky stands as 1 of few in the OPU and the only cyborg on the SH's. I get why you would need to have Franky maybe assist in something like this, but personally involving him in this makes it like I said before, "just horning in on Franky's uniqueness". As in taking a little something away, from Franky's unique SH cyborg status more so as a feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaiden View Post
    Now on back on topic. Zoro (next to Luffy and Robin) is one of the reasons I still read One Piece. Anyway, does Zoro use haki in his attacks well that's hard to tell at the moment, I think when Oda decides to let Zoro explains the types of training he went through with Mihawk or for some particular someone brings up haki (probably Luffy or someone else) then he will probably explain it then.

The scar over his eye he probably got when he took one of Mihawks slashes head on during training. I think he can open it though, Zoro probably just thinks its cooler to walk around will one eye closed.

Did he kill Mihawk? Probably not. Did he defeat Mihawk? That's a tough one. Let's see if he reveals that himself later on.
    Quote Originally Posted by FenixMarco View Post
    Think some of you are over thinking Zoro's eye, just his new feature after the time skip. Which he probably got from training with Mihawk. Zoro is Luffy's Right hand man, he lost his left eye. Sanji is Luffy's left the time skip switched his main eye from right to left. See the little Oda tid bit.

Zoro has haki there is no doubt about that. His Daz fight he learned it/ experienced it, how he explained it is nearly the same from Rayleigh's explanation on CoO and CoA. Since Zoro doesn't know what it is he can only describe it the best way he can from experiencing it. This makes sense why it isn't exactly alike, also it was about 420 chapters ago.

Agreed on the possibilities.

And FenixMarco is right in that it also greatly sounds like Enel's and that little girl's explanation of
    mantra as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    I doubt Zoro used haki. More like I want him to be different to others in that his strength lies with his skill and techniques. In alabasta he heard the "breath" of all things around him, which I reckon is different to CoO. As the name states, CoO requires the user to Observe things, while the "breath" is to be heard. Likewise, if Zoro could hear the "breath" of things, he could cut logia's without requiring to resort to Haki. An interesting thought though, would be if he has found a way to defeat that ghost girl. I mean he was training beside her all that time. You'ld think Mihawk would have taught him how to deal with her type.

I also think he might have the Hawk Zoan DF ability considering his eyes, and his ability to cross from the grand line and south blue with a small boat with nothing to propel it.

His eye could be a representation of how strong he has gotten though, maybe to the point where Mihawk couldn't hold back and thus injured him accidentally. Him being able to use both eye would be awesome.
    You want Zolo to be unique, yet you think or want Mihawk to have a DF?
    Okay...

Interesting possibility with the underlined theory. Wouldn't hate it.

I'm still holding back against all this haki thing though. I guess it's more like hope. If haki was everything basically, then it would be too generic. I don't really want to see that. Also, as I mentioned before, for Mihawk to take the title of "Worlds greatest Swordsmen" must mean that there must be some other skill out there more important than Haki. I mean we know Shanks and Mihawk are/were pretty much equal. Shanks wields a sword as well, so what's stopping him from taking that title? Like wise Rayleigh can use a sword, and I've no doubt his stronger than Mihawk. Although you could argue that his been in hiding, he still has a bounty and thus would be entitled to the title as well.

But why wait so long to introduce or explain something new?
    And If it was that unique, then you're still cool with Zolo essentially, suddenly learning how to really master this unique thing, technically within this latter part of the latter half of the manga, while every1 else would have taken basically the whole serious or most of it to master their own things?

More important?
    Not necessarily, + as Mihawk put it, PK is harder, and something more towards Shanks goal, why would he? Sounds kinda like Shanks trying to get the title of Shichibukai after he was a Yonkou just because he's powerful.
    Also don't think Rayleigh is really interested in stuff anymore either, and like others have lately, Rayleigh is aware of his age and that his time has past. But if you see Rayleigh as still stronger than Mihawk, or able to beat him, then this unique ability would not be more important or even necessarily more powerful, right?

Another thought/question to consider on Zolo;
    If Mihawk refused to fight some1 with a missing arm, would he also do the same with if Zolo really was missing an eye, or couldn't use 1 eye, even if he did it in training?
    Last edited by SCarred Luffy Lvl:Z; 03-24-2011 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SCarred Luffy Lvl:Z View Post
    Nah, I get that. And I also get that wouldn't necessarily make Zolo a cyborg as well. I realize that this might be an extreme personal bias, but like I said there are certain similarities within the crew, Zolo and Sanji normal humans, Nami and Usopp use their created weapons attuned to them,(technically in a way Zolo might also belong in this category), and the 4 obvious DF-users, but Franky stands as 1 of few in the OPU and the only cyborg on the SH's. I get why you would need to have Franky maybe assist in something like this, but personally involving him in this makes it like I said before, "just horning in on Franky's uniqueness". As in taking a little something away, from Franky's unique SH cyborg status more so as a feeling.

Another thought/question to consider on Zolo;
    If Mihawk refused to fight some1 with a missing arm, would he also do the same with if Zolo really was missing an eye, or couldn't use 1 eye?
    well thats a perfectly valid opinion and i get what you mean i just do not see it that way is all. you know i dont think a eye that just helps him see closes in on franky because we have no idea what frankys eyes can do. for all we know he has some kind of crazy laser eyes LOL. but i was thinking of something what is they clone zoro a new eye? i mean between chopper and franky with all the stuff they learned over the past 2 years it would not be that far fetched.

and on the eye thing 1 eye would not hinder your swords men ship much. so...............
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

well thats a perfectly valid opinion and i get what you mean i just do not see it that way is all. you know i dont think a eye that just helps him see closes in on franky because we have no idea what frankys eyes can do. for all we know he has some kind of crazy laser eyes LOL. but i was thinking of something what is they clone zoro a new eye? i mean between chopper and franky with all the stuff they learned over the past 2 years it would not be that far fetched.

Let me put it a different way;
    To have technology added to his body, anywhere, on in a way meant to be permanent or constantly replaceable, horns in on Franky's so far being the only, (thus unique), 1 with technology and mechanical attachments in or on his body.

Think it would be possibly beyond Franky and Chopper, to clone it. Look at how simply Franky being a cyborg was explained.

and on the eye thing 1 eye would not hinder your swords men ship much. so...............
    Another example of stating things as if they're facts
    I see..
    You know because....
    you have so much knowledge, and or experience in that matter?
    Now it makes total and complete sense why they might consider some1 unfit for duty in an armed services if they lost an eye....
    ?...

Every person is different, quite honestly you don't know how it would effect all(to condense it(place individual facets at your own) choice), of Zolo's,(in Oda's opinion), individual component factors, or any1's for that matter unless you were them.
    But even assuming you did, Mihawk refused to fight, Shanks just from knowing of the injury, not if Shanks was effected by the injury too badly. He kinda automatically assumed he would be lesser. How do you know he wouldn't do the same thing to Zolo?

Let me put it a different way;
    To have technology added to his body, anywhere, on in a way meant to be permanent or constantly replaceable, horns in on Franky's so far being the only, (thus unique), 1 with technology and mechanical attachments in or on his body.

Think it would be possibly beyond Franky and Chopper, to clone it. Look at how simply Franky being a cyborg was explained.

Another example of stating things as if they're facts
    I see..
    You know because....
    you have so much knowledge, and or experience in that matter?
    Now it makes total and complete sense why they might consider some1 unfit for duty in an armed services if they lost an eye....
    ?...

Every person is different, quite honestly you don't know how it would effect all(to condense it(place individual facets at your own) choice), of Zolo's,(in Oda's opinion), individual component factors, or any1's for that matter unless you were them.
    But even assuming you did, Mihawk refused to fight, Shanks just from knowing of the injury, not if Shanks was effected by the injury too badly. He kinda automatically assumed he would be lesser. How do you know he wouldn't do the same thing to Zolo?
    no i got you the first time i was just saying and i really do think maybe the cloning idea might have a chance.

and bro that was just my opinion i was not saying i knew any thing. .
    but the point is my opinion was that one eye would be less hindering than one arm when it came to combat. i mean loosing an eye does not really take away your skill with a sword. loosing an arm would take some of that away. but again it was just my opinion.

but it does not look from what we have seen so far that one eye is hindering him much.

now i did not give my opinion on weather mihawk would stop training because of the eye i left that one open because like you said i do not know that thats why i did not answer that.
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

but the point is my opinion was that one eye would be less hindering than one arm when it came to combat. i mean loosing an eye does not really take away your skill with a sword. loosing an arm would take some of that away. but again it was just my opinion.

but it does not look from what we have seen so far that one eye is hindering him much.

now i did not give my opinion on weather mihawk would stop training because of the eye i left that one open because like you said i do not know that thats why i did not answer that.
    Okay, fair points.
    But the thing of it is that he's been gone for 2 years. That's when he gained the scar. Would you really see an "effect" if you don't necessarily know what to look for. But, (Not saying he is)He could've been twice as strong with his eye. You wouldn't really know. We knew he was gonna come back a lot stronger no matter what, so no matter if he got the injury at the beginning, the end, or anywhere in between the 2 year gap, he would have still had the training to already be stronger, or he would have recieved it afterwards, probably also compensating for the loss of an eye.

To be fair in the OPU it doesn't seem like people really switch hands as key moves so that wouldn't be a factor, and losing an arm and needing to rely on another does become a factor...

To be honest I never got that term take away your skill with a sword. You still have your memories and experience, so your skills aren't really taken away. If anything I would think it would definitely take away from your power, and possibly your balance. Even if your primary arm you use is taken, with a little work if you have the determination and will like Shanks apparently has, then you can suitably make your left with your gained experience, skills, and some time you could surpass surpass your skill with your former dominant arm. And in the swordsman's world where the couple of more seconds it takes to turn your head, could mean losing your head, because you're missing an eye, you don't see how it can be just as important as losing an arm, which could also take from your balance, speed, and power? Way I see it, permanently losing an arm is extremely detrimental, while permanently losing an eye can just as extremely detrimental , just in similar, and differeing ways.
    It just depends....

Okay, fair points.
    But the thing of it is that he's been gone for 2 years. That's when he gained the scar. Would you really see an "effect" if you don't necessarily know what to look for. But, (Not saying he is)He could've been twice as strong with his eye. You wouldn't really know. We knew he was gonna come back a lot stronger no matter what, so no matter if he got the injury at the beginning, the end, or anywhere in between the 2 year gap, he would have still had the training to already be stronger, or he would have recieved it afterwards, probably also compensating for the loss of an eye.

To be fair in the OPU it doesn't seem like people really switch hands as key moves so that wouldn't be a factor, and losing an arm and needing to rely on another does become a factor...

To be honest I never got that term take away your skill with a sword. You still have your memories and experience, so your skills aren't really taken away. If anything I would think it would definitely take away from your power, and possibly your balance. Even if your primary arm you use is taken, with a little work if you have the determination and will like Shanks apparently has, then you can suitably make your left with your gained experience, skills, and some time you could surpass surpass your skill with your former dominant arm. And in the swordsman's world where the couple of more seconds it takes to turn your head, could mean losing your head, because you're missing an eye, you don't see how it can be just as important as losing an arm, which could also take from your balance, speed, and power? Way I see it, permanently losing an arm is extremely detrimental, while permanently losing an eye can just as extremely detrimental , just in similar, and differeing ways.
    It just depends....
    also fair points. but lets look at this one a more individual level. and let me explain what i mean by skill

in zoros case. he looses his eye. he still has his skill and the ability to use that skill. because what zoro is a three swords style swords men. with one eye he still has that. but take away his arm and that takes away his style and in a way his skill. because he can not use that any more and if you take away one of his arms that makes him a one sword swordsmen. he would still be a powerful swords men but nothing like he was when he has his three sword or even two sword style.

same with vista who used a two sword style. take away his eye, sure that would hinder some one, but he would still have the style and the ability to use the skill that makes him that powerful. take away his arm and he losses that.

you get what im saying. what i meant by skill was what you are able to do you know. because if you loose the ability to use that skill you essentially loose some or all of that skill. thats what i meant. still, you did have good points to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

One Piece

Lolz, yeah, I know that mermaid Princess thing was a gag, I was just saying that if Zoro had defeated Mihawk then that means his dream would have changed, and that would mean Sanji's dream would have changed as well. Which they obviously haven't.

I'm still holding back against all this haki thing though. I guess it's more like hope. If haki was everything basically, then it would be too generic. I don't really want to see that. Also, as I mentioned before, for Mihawk to take the title of "Worlds greatest Swordsmen" must mean that there must be some other skill out there more important than Haki. I mean we know Shanks and Mihawk are/were pretty much equal. Shanks wields a sword as well, so what's stopping him from taking that title? Like wise Rayleigh can use a sword, and I've no doubt his stronger than Mihawk. Although you could argue that his been in hiding, he still has a bounty and thus would be entitled to the title as well.
    Haki is a power like a Devil fruit not a skill. Depending on the individual is how he or she wields and utilizes that power just like a Devil Fruit power. Skill would be the part that makes that Haki user unique from everyone else. It's the same on Crocodile's explanation on Devil Fruit powers, how you hone your powers you can come up with varies ways to attack and utilize your power.

no i got you the first time i was just saying and i really do think maybe the cloning idea might have a chance.

and bro that was just my opinion i was not saying i knew any thing. .

You obviously don't know what your talking about. Zoro if he really can't see through his scarred eye anymore. Has a permanent blind spot that's a huge hindrance for a swordsmen. But yes Zoro losing a arm is a even bigger hindrance because of his style of fighting. Unlike Shanks who utilizes basic 1 sword style like Mihawk. Anyone losing a arm is a hindrance though, that's a given.

This is my theory on Zoro's eye:

Oda was big fan of Kenshin manga, if you read that manga you can see how Oda try's to do some similar things in his work. Especially when the crew got back together with the Fake Sh's. He's trying make Zoro the worlds strongest swordsmen in a similar way. Not just by power housing through this manga but as a surprisingly loyal caring friend of Luffy. He sacrificed a lot for Luffy his life at Thriller Bark and even more his pride at Mihawk's island. Remember how Kenshin learn that final move from his master? Only way to teach him that move was to nearly killing his master or kill him (haven't read it in ages forgot if he died or not). I wouldn't be surprised later on in this manga we get Zoro caught up in a real tough fight (*cough* Shriyu) and we get a flash back of him training with Mihawk and for Zoro to learn this move he had to be put in near death situation and probably the reason why he lose his eye. I'm guessing he just barely dodge it or it was the only possible way last minute to block/parry it. Thus learning it.

Besides that I just honestly think it's no big deal behind the eye and its just Zoro's new feature like the rest of the crew.

well ive said b4 i don't like the idea of zoro having haki and there is nothing to say asura and his other darker abilities are haki. and if they are not haki(which i really do not think they are) he could still have haki. i guess.

i think his eye is just an injured eye. and i think chopper or chopper and franky could fix his eye at some point when they get the time.
    I think everyone has haki as Oda/the dark king pointed out......and I'm also sure FM made u aware of this.....Why are u still repeating it?
    My opinion is that Zoro can control and us haki now especially CoO and probably knows of the existence of the sovereign and in time I'm sure he will become adept at using CoA.

Fact: Mihawk battles with Shanks on equal grounds.........Shanks uses haki.
    Mihawk has no DF power that helps him fight but badass swordsmanship which Shanks has also.

Assumption: Since they are both good swordsmen and one uses haki the only way to level up the powers is for the other fighter to also use haki since he has no DF power.

From this analogy, I'm guessing Mihawk uses haki, didn't teach zoro sword techs alone but also taught him to use haki.
    About buggy: I'm sure if Mihawk knew during the war that buggy had that kind of power he would have used haki to attack him.Hence we can safely say he attacked buggy without haki. He fought croc with haki hence was able to hurt him.[Yes I'm referring to croc's injuries after the war]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

__________________________________________________ __________________________
    Currently planning war strategies at a tea party with Madara, Kabuto, Zetsu and Sasuke.

SIGH context matters it really does. no one doubts the fact that haki is something every one can learn we know that when i say i don't think he has is i mean i do not think he has the ability to use it or that he learned it. its just a quicker way of typing it but for some reason people like to take things out of context even if they know exactly what your talking about.

and croc got hurt by joz not mihawk and when they fought he was clearly all ready wounded and he clearly bloked that hit with his hook on purpose to protect daz and luffy.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

and 2 mihawk was well acquainted with shanks and the kings crew. he probably knew about buggy's ability 2.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]