Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 215
  1. #11
    Senior Member cross777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,776
    Quote Originally Posted by SCarred Luffy Lvl:Z View Post
    Not saying it like that. Saying that he might have stopped using it for "training". Some1 in another thread pointed out that after their training the SH's shouldn't have to get "serious" in their fights for like an arc or 2. Knowing Zolo who's half-asleep, most of the time, he got accustomed to it so I was thinking an arc or 2 later when he knows he has to get serious, he uses it then and from then on his eye will no longer be closed.
    An artificial eye sounds like he's horning in too much on Franky's territory IMHO. The other members might have some slight similarities in that they need fruits but Franky is still pretty unique in the OPU and especially as a SH by being a solo original cyborg. Rather he gets to keep that uniqueness.
    well im not talking about some kind of laser eye but just an artificial eye nothing to special just to see. i mean maybe some small stuff but nothing to make it to out of the ordinary. just a fake eye that works.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  2. #12
    Sex on Fire Flare Blitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,266
    Untill I see mihawk with a similar wound (or a wound close to one of his eyes)
    I believe he's closing it as a self-handicap-(/)training-method.

  3. #13
    The Emperor of Everything dct21's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Airicks View Post
    What makes you think Vista is "nowhere near" Mihawk? ..Vista was the strongest swordsmen in the WB pirates..
    Vista was surprised Mihawk even knew who he was, he exchanged a few blows then left.
    Vista was serious, while Mihawk only went full-out on luffy. What i'm trying to saying is vista recognized the power difference before the fight even began.

    Zoro did not use haki on Daz Bones, in that fight he learned how to cut steel
    Whats to say that not hakki CoA nullifies your opponents DF giving them regular bodies and thats what happened.

    I kind of like the idea of zoro only opening his eye when his serious, or gets riled up. Reminds me of Kempachi.

    As for Zoro haki i'm a say he's going to have(awaken) kings haki if he hasn't already my reasoning is a couple for one sinds the start of there adventure many people have mistaken zoro for the captain also Miwhawk said people like you only lower there head for others (a difinition of a king is he will do anything to protect the people not himself)
    People with kings haki usually draw people towards them, while zoro is a loner for the most part. I would love for him to have it though.

    Quote Originally Posted by SCarred Luffy Lvl:Z View Post
    Think that's going a bit far. He held Mihawk off and vice versa, didn't really seem to be that type of full blown out battle.
    But He has hakki though

  4. #14
    Senior Member cross777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,776
    Quote Originally Posted by dct21 View Post
    Whats to say that not hakki CoA nullifies your opponents DF giving them regular bodies and thats what happened.
    the only case you can make for him using haki in that fight was when he dodged the rocks. him cutting steel had nothing to do with haki he just cut steel.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  5. #15
    Global Moderator Jaiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,836
    Am surprised it is the first time someone made a thread like this here. If you go to onemanga (where I first saw something like this), mangahelpers or mangastream they are all over there sites. So good on you dct21 for making this thread. Hope this will inspire others to make more threads like this here on MShare in not just the OP section but the Naruto and Bleach sections too.

    Now on back on topic. Zoro (next to Luffy and Robin) is one of the reasons I still read One Piece. Anyway, does Zoro use haki in his attacks well that's hard to tell at the moment, I think when Oda decides to let Zoro explains the types of training he went through with Mihawk or for some particular someone brings up haki (probably Luffy or someone else) then he will probably explain it then.

    The scar over his eye he probably got when he took one of Mihawks slashes head on during training. I think he can open it though, Zoro probably just thinks its cooler to walk around will one eye closed.

    Did he kill Mihawk? Probably not. Did he defeat Mihawk? That's a tough one. Let's see if he reveals that himself later on.

    Quote Originally Posted by wwdotcom View Post
    I thought I was in Mangastream Forums.
    Or onemanga or mangahelpers. I do think he may have started something here. Don't be surprised if more threads like this start popping up not just in this section but in the Naruto and Bleach sections too.

    Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

  6. #16
    Senior Member cross777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,776
    we really do not need more threads like this i mean it was only started because oh all the debate about zoro. this is a special case and the more general threads are still the better way to go.

    but since there was so much debate going on it was a good idea for a thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #17
    Master of Bludging ChaosMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,003
    I doubt Zoro used haki. More like I want him to be different to others in that his strength lies with his skill and techniques. In alabasta he heard the "breath" of all things around him, which I reckon is different to CoO. As the name states, CoO requires the user to Observe things, while the "breath" is to be heard. Likewise, if Zoro could hear the "breath" of things, he could cut logia's without requiring to resort to Haki. An interesting thought though, would be if he has found a way to defeat that ghost girl. I mean he was training beside her all that time. You'ld think Mihawk would have taught him how to deal with her type.

    As for Zoro defeating Mihawk, I have some doubts. Mihawk hasn't specifically shown that he can use haki, maybe his different, in that he can also hear the "breath" of objects. Which might be why he was named "Worlds greatest Swordsmen" when people like Shanks and WB could match him. I also think he might have the Hawk Zoan DF ability considering his eyes, and his ability to cross from the grand line and south blue with a small boat with nothing to propel it.

    Another thing would be have the "dreams" of the crew all changed? I mean people are saying Zoro defeated Mihawk (which I doubt and will talk about further down). If so then what's his mission on the sea? He would have achieved his dream already. Or maybe he had given up on it, since he asked Mihawk to train him. On top of this is Sanji saying his "dream" is seeing the Mermaid princess instead of All Blue. But again, I doubt their dreams have changed. Zoro beating Mihawk, or even having a draw with him will be a no go. I reckon saying his now stronger or as strong as Mihawk is like saying Luffy is stronger than Rayleigh. Doesn't work that way. His eye could be a representation of how strong he has gotten though, maybe to the point where Mihawk couldn't hold back and thus injured him accidentally. Him being able to use both eye would be awesome.

    Oh, and Zoro is still a losty, he couldn't even detect where Luffy had gone, so I highly doubt he has CoO.

  8. #18
    The Emperor of Everything dct21's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaiden View Post
    Am surprised it is the first time someone made a thread like this here. If you go to onemanga (where I first saw something like this), mangahelpers or mangastream they are all over there sites. So good on you dct21 for making this thread. Hope this will inspire others to make more threads like this here on MShare in not just the OP section but the Naruto and Bleach sections too.
    I got accounts at Onemanga and Mangastream and noticed that too. I'm Suprised no one started it before i did.

    we really do not need more threads like this i mean it was only started because oh all the debate about zoro. this is a special case and the more general threads are still the better way to go.
    Lies thats how you get offtopic

    Oh, and Zoro is still a losty, he couldn't even detect where Luffy had gone, so I highly doubt he has CoO.
    If zoro does attain hakki i think Coa well come first, and getting lost is just in zoro's nature

    I don't think zoro actually beat Mihawk either or else hes bounty would have went way up, but why did his bounty increase anyways?
    Last edited by dct21; 03-23-2011 at 02:31 PM.

  9. #19
    Senior Member FenixMarco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    3,707

    One Piece

    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    I doubt Zoro used haki. More like I want him to be different to others in that his strength lies with his skill and techniques. In alabasta he heard the "breath" of all things around him, which I reckon is different to CoO. As the name states, CoO requires the user to Observe things, while the "breath" is to be heard. Likewise, if Zoro could hear the "breath" of things, he could cut logia's without requiring to resort to Haki. An interesting thought though, would be if he has found a way to defeat that ghost girl. I mean he was training beside her all that time. You'ld think Mihawk would have taught him how to deal with her type.

    As for Zoro defeating Mihawk, I have some doubts. Mihawk hasn't specifically shown that he can use haki, maybe his different, in that he can also hear the "breath" of objects. Which might be why he was named "Worlds greatest Swordsmen" when people like Shanks and WB could match him. I also think he might have the Hawk Zoan DF ability considering his eyes, and his ability to cross from the grand line and south blue with a small boat with nothing to propel it.

    Another thing would be have the "dreams" of the crew all changed? I mean people are saying Zoro defeated Mihawk (which I doubt and will talk about further down). If so then what's his mission on the sea? He would have achieved his dream already. Or maybe he had given up on it, since he asked Mihawk to train him. On top of this is Sanji saying his "dream" is seeing the Mermaid princess instead of All Blue. But again, I doubt their dreams have changed. Zoro beating Mihawk, or even having a draw with him will be a no go. I reckon saying his now stronger or as strong as Mihawk is like saying Luffy is stronger than Rayleigh. Doesn't work that way. His eye could be a representation of how strong he has gotten though, maybe to the point where Mihawk couldn't hold back and thus injured him accidentally. Him being able to use both eye would be awesome.

    Oh, and Zoro is still a losty, he couldn't even detect where Luffy had gone, so I highly doubt he has CoO.
    Chaos Sanji's scene of him saying he wanted to see the Mermaid Princess as his dream instead of all blue is obviously just a gag.

    Think some of you are over thinking Zoro's eye, just his new feature after the time skip. Which he probably got from training with Mihawk. Zoro is Luffy's Right hand man, he lost his left eye. Sanji is Luffy's left the time skip switched his main eye from right to left. See the little Oda tid bit.

    Zoro defeating Mihawk offscreen is retarded, I can't believe this fool on AP Forums had a wall size theory based on it. Like sixxr made fun it on the other thread it's literally just to stupid to happen.

    Zoro has haki there is no doubt about that. His Daz fight he learned it/ experienced it, how he explained it is nearly the same from Rayleigh's explanation on CoO and CoA. Since Zoro doesn't know what it is he can only describe it the best way he can from experiencing it. This makes sense why it isn't exactly alike, also it was about 420 chapters ago.

    I'm gathering some info waiting for another translation and reading my Viz media volume to make this clearer as well point out on how I think the rest of haki will come about.

  10. #20
    Master of Bludging ChaosMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,003
    Lolz, yeah, I know that mermaid Princess thing was a gag, I was just saying that if Zoro had defeated Mihawk then that means his dream would have changed, and that would mean Sanji's dream would have changed as well. Which they obviously haven't.

    I'm still holding back against all this haki thing though. I guess it's more like hope. If haki was everything basically, then it would be too generic. I don't really want to see that. Also, as I mentioned before, for Mihawk to take the title of "Worlds greatest Swordsmen" must mean that there must be some other skill out there more important than Haki. I mean we know Shanks and Mihawk are/were pretty much equal. Shanks wields a sword as well, so what's stopping him from taking that title? Like wise Rayleigh can use a sword, and I've no doubt his stronger than Mihawk. Although you could argue that his been in hiding, he still has a bounty and thus would be entitled to the title as well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •