Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SCarred Luffy Lvl:Z View Post
    I think it was both a choice thing, and a preemptive copyright thing. Know the 'l' and 'r' sounds are like interchangeable in Japanese, so they're not really wrong to use it, like how Luffy becomes Ruffy in German. But I actually prefer Zolo, B/c Unless you've got that really good Spanish way of rolling the rrr's sound, (which I absolutely suck at), they sound pretty much exactly the same. Meaning they probably would have run into some copyright issues down the line. And they are on 2 different levels and would prefer to remember each separately and distinctly.

Well, Mihawk also clearly stated how much harder a goal PK is than World's Greatest Swordsman, and that Luffy would have to become stronger than him. I'm guessing just by the fact that he said it that he didn't mean just a "smidge" stronger. Thus setting up for a suitable power gap between Luffy and Zolo.

Nope, you didn't complete the thoughts in a sentence before going into another thought, in the same sentence. Totally didn't understand your point. But I did see you thought it was possible they might never reach the former generations level of strength. Think They would have to be much stronger, With the introduction of BB's unique 2 fruit alone. Not to mention that agreed with Dct21, the next generation tends to do things faster and better than older generations in manga, and Luffy has already shown this quality just in how young he is now, and how young he'll probably be around the time he becomes PK.

But while they may gain greater power, I think when it comes to Luffy especially, it will once again be more like sacrificing health for that greater power, and thus even stronger than most, it will never be that easy. In that respects, I suppose, that it's easier for Zolo and harder for Luffy, they might be considered equals.
    well i was having a hard time wording it so i was hoping some one would just get it LOL. but im kind of saying, i think that rodger and WB were and are one of a king once in a life time guys. luffy could be but i do not think zoro could be. and i am not sure how close silvers was to Wb in his prime either. i mean he is obviously younger than WB and he did not pawn kizzaru. i mean WB was more dominant and even older and sick. im just saying i doubt zoro will be a WB.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well, Mihawk also clearly stated how much harder a goal PK is than World's Greatest Swordsman, and that Luffy would have to become stronger than him. I'm guessing just by the fact that he said it that he didn't mean just a "smidge" stronger. Thus setting up for a suitable power gap between Luffy and Zolo.
    While it's true that PK is above that of World's Greatest Swordsman and World's Strongest Man. Zoro would have to surpass Mihawk, who is believed to be equal to WB and Shanks in their prime. So it's fair to say that Zoro will be a as strong, if not stronger, than WB and Rayleigh in their prime. Don't forget that these men second Roger, where as Luffy will surpass Roger and do all that the former Will of D carriers fail (Void Period stuff). Having said that, does seem like the standard of Pirates have continued to drop as more and more noobs rush out to sea, and thus meaning that the Marines standard has dropped as well. I mean the current Admirals pale in comparison with Garps, Rayleigh and WB in their prime. having said that, I doubt we'll ever see a power gap between Luffy and Zoro.

Lol at trying to make a comparison between completely different titles.Strongest Swordsman in the world is a strength title,while PK isnt.Of course its related to power but that title itself isnt a strength title.We saw that you can be the World's Strongest Man and still not be PK,meaning that you dont only need great power.A swordsman only has to become strong enough to beat the world's strongest swordsman.PK has to be most probably the world's Strongest Man,to have a good crew,all of his crew mates to reach a level worthy of the ultimate crew,to run away all the time from the wg,to fight almost every fucking strong pirate crew and that aint enough.He still has to go to Raftel and who knows with what he has to deal there and then he should understand the meaning of the Poneglyphs etc.

Mihawk never said or implied that the PK is so much stronger than the WSS.Its a completely different title,which is much harder to acquire,for the reasons i stated above and perhaps for even more reasons that we arent aware of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by halaros536 View Post
    Lol at trying to make a comparison between completely different titles.Strongest Swordsman in the world is a strength title,while PK isnt.Of course its related to power but that title itself isnt a strength title.We saw that you can be the World's Strongest Man and still not be PK,meaning that you dont only need great power.A swordsman only has to become strong enough to beat the world's strongest swordsman.PK has to be most probably the world's Strongest Man,to have a good crew,all of his crew mates to reach a level worthy of the ultimate crew,to run away all the time from the wg,to fight almost every fucking strong pirate crew and that aint enough.He still has to go to Raftel and who knows with what he has to deal there and then he should understand the meaning of the Poneglyphs etc.

Mihawk never said or implied that the PK is so much stronger than the WSS.Its a completely different title,which is much harder to acquire,for the reasons i stated above and perhaps for even more reasons that we arent aware of yet.
    To be PK, of course means to have a strong crew. I mean having a first mate who's stronger than an Admiral says a lot, and an apprentice who learnt enough to become a Yonkou in his own right. But it also shows how much of a beast he is, to have such strong people willingly work under him. And to be Pirate King, means that any pirate is below you, that includes the World Strongest Man and World's Greatest Swordsmen. But this is one of the reason why I said WB may have been given the title Worlds Strongest Man in terms of outright Strenght, as well as his combat ability. I mean Rayleigh and Shanks both use swords, and I doubt they would lose to Mihawk, especially Rayleigh during his prime, but that title still remains with Mihawk.

But the fact still remains, if Luffy is to become PK, his going to make every single pirate out there acknowledge his strength. That includes the giants such as Yonkous and Shichibukai. And if that's the case, his first mate, that is Zoro, can't be shabby either. So if, for example, Luffy will have to take on Coby as Fleet Admiral in the future, Zoro and Sanji will have to be able to take on an Admiral each, to stop them from interfereing with Luffy's fight. Just like how Marco and Jaws were in charge with dealing with the Admirals when WB went for the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    To be PK, of course means to have a strong crew. I mean having a first mate who's stronger than an Admiral says a lot, and an apprentice who learnt enough to become a Yonkou in his own right. But it also shows how much of a beast he is, to have such strong people willingly work under him. And to be Pirate King, means that any pirate is below you, that includes the World Strongest Man and World's Greatest Swordsmen. But this is one of the reason why I said WB may have been given the title Worlds Strongest Man in terms of outright Strenght, as well as his combat ability. I mean Rayleigh and Shanks both use swords, and I doubt they would lose to Mihawk, especially Rayleigh during his prime, but that title still remains with Mihawk
    Mihawk's is the current holder of the title.aIt doesnt mean that he should be stronger than prime Ray,though its possible.He should currently be the Strongest Swordsman.So what if you doubt it?Mihawk is the strongest swordsman,so he can beat any other swordsman.

I know this is a crazy theory, but I think it's a possibility that Zoro's other eye is a transplanted eye or a Hawk eye or something of that sort. I'm not saying it's Mihawks eyes but it must be a transplanted eye. If not, then maybe he intentionally cut it out to increase his sensing skill so that he won't highly rely on his eyes.
    UNLEASH THE GREEN BEAST OF KONOHA

Lollipop Candy ♥BAD♥ girl daz bonez's Avatar
    mihawk cut his eyes during their daily training.

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Fisher Tiger is a punk ass bitch.

-----credit to Maximo for the kick ass ava----

Quote Originally Posted by daz bonez View Post
    mihawk cut his eyes during their daily training.
    Seems to be the only reasonable explanation to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

__________________________________________________ __________________________
    Currently planning war strategies at a tea party with Madara, Kabuto, Zetsu and Sasuke.

yeah mihawk was probably just to much for him at some point. he either has a blind eye there or no eye at all. i think chopper and franky will probably fix it at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Doesn't necessarily mean that Mihawk is stronger than Rayleigh or Shanks. He may just be better than them with a sword. Thats all he uses and he's very strong with it. Still think Rayleigh and Shanks would be him in a fight.

Sig and Ava by Imotochan