Slaughtering Of The Fogel Family

Before you watch the following video, please note that this is a serious topic. There is much savagery in this world and there is an equal amount of evil as there is good.

It is written that King David once spoke to God. And he asked God "Why can't you make everyone equal? Why can't you make it so that everyone has the exact same amount? You have the power to do so, you can make everything better for everyone." (Not the exact quote, but it's close)

x
    x
    x

x
    x
    x

So God answered King David. He told him. "You're right, I can do that, I can make it so everyone is exactly the same. But if I did that I would be stripping you of the greatest act you can perform. I would be taking away the opportunity for you to be like me. To perform a Mitvah and do good for others, not because they ask it of you, but because you want to. If I made everyone the same then you would not be able to tell the difference between Good and Evil." (Again, the quote is not accurate, but close enough that the point is made)

x
    x
    x

Amidst this act of terrorism and evil. This disgusting act of man, there is a light that shines through and shows us that behind all of the Evil man is capable of, there is a Good. An equal amount of Good, it's there to show us that not everyone should be judged by the acts of a select few. That everyone is different and they are their own person.

The 12 Year old girl that was spoken of, that was not in the house at the time of the murdering of her family took it upon herself, a 12 year old girl, swore to her younger siblings, 8 and 2 years old, that she would be the mother to these two children and that she would take care of them and do what ever possible to be there for them. This child, is forced to become an adult at the ripe age of 12 years old, sacrificing her childhood for the better of her two younger siblings.

After finding out about what happened to this Family of 8, a local Grocery shop owner, Rami Levi, who owns one of the larger supermarket chains in Israel visited the Fogel family during their shiva, bringing food for the family and guests.

He walked in and out of the house, stuffing the pantry and refrigerator in their household stock full of food. And as the three children looked at the man doing this, he took a second to stop, and he told them. "You will have to get used to my face," Levi told the mourners and friends. "I have committed myself that every week I will deliver food and stock your home until the youngest orphan turns 18 years old."

It is on this note that we as Jews celebrate Adar, a month that we're supposed to be happy and be celebrating, today is Purim

xxx

Spoiler!

xxx

There is not much to be very happy about in this world in this day and age. man is as evil as ever even amidst the destruction of it's fellow man, of course I speak of the Disasters over in Japan. It's hard to find the Good in this day and age, but it is there, attempting to make itself known, you just have to keep looking for it and you'll find it.
    Last edited by Zi Dawg; 03-20-2011 at 03:59 PM.

I really like your post it shows that their is still good in humanity nd I appreciate u for taking the time to post this

And I thank you for taking the time to read it. When I was at Temple yesterday, our Rabbi, he always takes 30 minutes to tell a story with deep meaning and something that pertains to the Torah portion that we were reading that day, and this happened to be the story he was telling. As we (the rest of the congregation) sat and listened to him speak about this horrific story, I couldn't help but imagine how soulless and thoughtless some people in this world are. I took a couple of seconds to look around the room while he was still speaking and there wasn't a single person who either wasn't already crying or on the verge of tears.

When there is a large tragedy, one with numbers as high as the recent in Japan, over 10,000 I believe, everyone who died becomes a statistic, there aren't just single people remembered from what happened. They're just a part of the latest tragedy to hit the world.

But when something small like this happens, and names are found out, and then when you find out the ages of the children who died, and what they were doing at the time, it really makes you want to think that there is no good in man. And then a man like Rami Levi takes it amongst himself to do something unheard of, taking 16 years of his life to provide for another family, a family of strangers, people that before the murders he had never heard of. It's people like Rami Levi that are there to show us that even in the darkest of times, there is still something to smile about. It's unfortunate that it had to be under these circumstances, but that's how the world works.

/rambling on

That's a horrible story man, glad some of the family made it out alive from it. But I don't like how the media is fueling more to the fire at the end. They sure as hell don't explain how this conflict began in the first place. Just more "look at them!" "They're evil!" "See what their beliefs do!" Should not be blaming the whole Palestine for a few over religious crazed murderers. Every religion has them, I even saw a disgusting video of a christian happy of what happen with the Tsunami in Japan. Because they don't believe in Christianity? All those people forget the simple moral way of life they are suppose to try to live by. Israel and the Palestine's brought it upon themselves because neither of them can live in harmony on the same land because of pride for their own beliefs.

No of course, there is always two sides to a story. No one knows why this happened besides those involved, and only they know why. But to categorize everyone living in Gaza as terrorists wouldn't be right. What we saw at the end was just a smidge of the people after the hearing about this horrific tragedy, although that makes those seen terrible people imo for celebrating the slaughtering of fellow man no matter what religion or race, we did not get to see those who were mourning the passing of these innocent people.

A 3 month old newborn baby was slain, how can any man or woman celebrate that? I see the negativity that sparks from showing the pictures at the end, and I see the way that Palestinians as a whole are portrayed, and it's not fair. Not all people are like that and it's not right to group people up like that. Maybe it wasn't right to show those those photos, but I believe they were shown to show just how wrong this world has become. I stand by Glenn Beck's decision to show the pictures at the end, but I won't judge Palestinians as a whole because of it. That would make me just as wrong as the murderers themselves. Everyone is their own person and has their own morals, and that's what makes us Human.

Well here's the thing those people celebrating eating candy, how do we know that's even true? I bet they could had just film some of them chillin out in the streets and they of course take it the wrong way as in celebrating for what happen. I wasn't really saying you were like that, I was bashing the media. I don't know I honestly really doubt those people were celebrating something as gruesome as that, the actual murderers? Yeah those mofo's probably party after that, but karma's a b*tch they'll get what they deserve. But those people they show I honestly do not believe the Palestine's think that way, that is too inhuman. I know they aren't like that especially as they too have strong religious beliefs.

In short my opinion is I just see this as more propaganda to bully them out of their ways, because obviously the 2 are like water and oil when it comes to religion. Since what's been happening in Irael for the pass centuries though I doubt that land will ever see harmony any time soon. Just generation after generation of hatred and bloodshed on both sides.

Of course I'm just talking about how the media ended this, not that this terrible incident is justifiable. Sincerely feel sorry for that family, no family what so ever should have to go through that. Again just bashing the media for fueling more to the fire. Your not suppose to make a bad situation go worse.
    Last edited by FenixMarco; 03-21-2011 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zi Dawg View Post
    Before you watch the following video, please note that this is a serious topic. There is much savagery in this world and there is an equal amount of evil as there is good.

It is written that King David once spoke to God. And he asked God "Why can't you make everyone equal? Why can't you make it so that everyone has the exact same amount? You have the power to do so, you can make everything better for everyone." (Not the exact quote, but it's close)

x
    x
    x

x
    x
    x

So God answered King David. He told him. "You're right, I can do that, I can make it so everyone is exactly the same. But if I did that I would be stripping you of the greatest act you can perform. I would be taking away the opportunity for you to be like me. To perform a Mitvah and do good for others, not because they ask it of you, but because you want to. If I made everyone the same then you would not be able to tell the difference between Good and Evil." (Again, the quote is not accurate, but close enough that the point is made)

x
    x
    x

Amidst this act of terrorism and evil. This disgusting act of man, there is a light that shines through and shows us that behind all of the Evil man is capable of, there is a Good. An equal amount of Good, it's there to show us that not everyone should be judged by the acts of a select few. That everyone is different and they are their own person.

The 12 Year old girl that was spoken of, that was not in the house at the time of the murdering of her family took it upon herself, a 12 year old girl, swore to her younger siblings, 8 and 2 years old, that she would be the mother to these two children and that she would take care of them and do what ever possible to be there for them. This child, is forced to become an adult at the ripe age of 12 years old, sacrificing her childhood for the better of her two younger siblings.

After finding out about what happened to this Family of 8, a local Grocery shop owner, Rami Levi, who owns one of the larger supermarket chains in Israel visited the Fogel family during their shiva, bringing food for the family and guests.

He walked in and out of the house, stuffing the pantry and refrigerator in their household stock full of food. And as the three children looked at the man doing this, he took a second to stop, and he told them. "You will have to get used to my face," Levi told the mourners and friends. "I have committed myself that every week I will deliver food and stock your home until the youngest orphan turns 18 years old."

It is on this note that we as Jews celebrate Adar, a month that we're supposed to be happy and be celebrating, today is Purim

xxx

Spoiler!

xxx

There is not much to be very happy about in this world in this day and age. man is as evil as ever even amidst the destruction of it's fellow man, of course I speak of the Disasters over in Japan. It's hard to find the Good in this day and age, but it is there, attempting to make itself known, you just have to keep looking for it and you'll find it.
    being an avid glen watcher i saw this when it re ran later the night it aired and it was a touching and very sad piece. and you post was well written and composed. good post.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]