Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Ah yes. Mixed up my Cold War people .

EDIT: Human feces, ventilation apparati, and all the shmazz:

US F-15 plane goes down. Authorities say it wasn't shot down:

Article: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-Benghazi.html
    Last edited by kuroihikari; 03-22-2011 at 11:24 AM.

One Piece

Quote Originally Posted by Wornoc Yomgius View Post
    Don't get you hopes up. In the end Osama and his cronies use the commotion to call west murderers and the east goes with it. West just pissed themselves even more in muslim eyes than before.
    Aah f*ck.

Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post
    That's not exactly true. Based on DWTV report at the start of the war, Gadhafi practically bribed his poor with oil money, with numerous food dole-outs and several free housing and education projects. They were a very rich country, and Gadhafi had numerous business, economic and political ties with the west. Plus, they are one of the most liberal Arab states in terms of Sharia Law.

I just don't get it why their people thought they were oppressed enough to rebel. They weren't happy enough with their life, even though they were way better off than most countries. My guess: They wanted more excuses to be lazy.

Plus, If and when Gadhafi exits, Libya will definitely crumble into an Afghanistan or Iraq. Libya is a conglomerate of Bedouin tribes, but Gadhafi is a member of a minor one. That speaks a lot to what he did in order to unify the nation. When he's gone, the tribes will be a mess, much like what happened to Afghanistan when the US invaded them back in the 80s.

It's most definitely the oil that speaks here, not a sense of justice.
    Oil related war again? You sure the report is true? Because like you said doesn't sound like a reason for the people to rebel. It can't be just the poor people?! If it is then Libya sure as hell has a ton of poor people who just want to rebel even risking their own lives.

Although I'm not really surprised if it is the oil. Yeah figures the UN has any sense of justice anymore.

DWTV is a German television station. I don't see why'd they put a spin on the news, especially towards Gaddafi, when it was so early in the rebellion.

Msnbc is what said what I posted before. 2 news stations saying contradicting information. What's new?

I dunno, MSNBC has a rep for protecting Obama .

But yeah, I generally watch something from a country that's not involved. If I really wanted the other side there's always Al-Jazeera.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/US-sat...e1-677007.aspx

This says other Arab nations are helping out as well. My question is which counties are not apart of ''the Arab spring'' or revolts?

America doesn't trade with Libya or with Gadaffi because he is a ''crazy guy'' and plus President Regan said not to deal with him. Once Gaddafi is out, then I assume America will start trading. But whatever it is, I am glad that the UN finally is taking some action for the people of the Arab states. I just hope won't forget about the other Arabian states revolting as well.

Spoiler!

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

I don't know about this being all about Oil reserves anymore, because it's not just about Libya. What I said on my first post was true except for the part it being Libya supposedly all this started in Egypt, and its a revolution spreading to other nations such as Libya as well.

When it started in Egypt they were forming groups through facebook and twitter and the government shut down the internet.

http://gizmodo.com/#!5745521/skeptic...t-for-yourself

Anyways just skimmed through a few pages of this topic else where just wanted to throw in what I read, this information was about 2 months ago though.

My logic is the opposite. If there are so many different countries involved then why are they only in Libya? Only reason I see is the benefit of getting oil. Getting rid of Gadaffi would be nice but going to war with his country to do it? It's not like he's hiding weapons of mass destruction..

Anyone read about the women who was held at Gadaffi's compound and was being raped and tortured by his men for saying something against him. Makes me so sick.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_842790.html

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

I didn't know that they were only in Libya, yeah that makes no sense. Is that true? Well regardless if its oil or not it definitely started in Egypt and spread amongst neighboring countries to question their corrupted governments. Guess the UN just taking advantage now to get some oil.

That's some f*cked up sh*t, almost like the stories you heard about what Saddam did to people when they didn't vote for him.

Quote Originally Posted by FenixMarco View Post
    I didn't know that they were only in Libya, yeah that makes no sense. Is that true? Well regardless if its oil or not it definitely started in Egypt and spread amongst neighboring countries to question their corrupted governments. Guess the UN just taking advantage now to get some oil.

That's some f*cked up sh*t, almost like the stories you heard about what Saddam did to people when they didn't vote for him.
    I was going to say America only has active troops in Libya, Afghanistan, and Iraq but I realized that I don't know which other countries have active American troops in the Middle East anymore and I don't feel like researching. But it doesn't change the fact that NATO still has more of presence in Libya though. We hear it on the news the most anyways.

Side note: As members of NATO we are just doing our "civic duty" so send them your hate mail, and not to America.

What if because of this war, we end up creating another Bin Laden? That would be messed up on a whole other level.