Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Edo Itachi is nobody's Tool - The final act of hero!

Well I have been throwing this idea around on the forums for a little bit now, that at some point Itachi will break free of Kabuto's control and this will have a important impact on the story.

One of the great things about Itachi is his ability to grasp the big picture hence why he is able to plan several steps ahead as he did with Sasuke's implanted Amatertsu or implanting some of his powers in Naruto. He has clearly show a capacity to surpass all expectations put before him so the idea that hes just going to be some doll for someone like Kabuto doesnt add up to me.

We know that the connection between the summoner and Edo summon is the chakra they use for the summoning and is also used to force their will upon them. However as we have seen as of late with Zabuza /Haku and even Hanzou the Edo summon has the capacity to resist the will of the summoner.

I feel somewhat sure that at some critical point Kabuto plans to use Itachi against Sasuke to weaken him enough so that he can try and take him over. However I think Itachi has already anticipated this since his resurrection and has a plan of his own.

Since its already been explained the ways to deal with Kabuto's mass Edo Tensei is using Genjutsu on the user to end the summon I think this is where Itachi comes into my plan. Since we know Sharingan Genjutsu does not require hand seals I think at some point Itachi will use his Edo Sharingan on Kabuto placing him under multilayer Genjutsu similar to Genjutsu battle with Sasuke.

My feeling is that since Itachi did not have a clean heroic death this will be his redeeming final act showing him finally able to act on his true desires and wishes. Madara had a chance to tell Kakashi and Naruto about Itachi's past but they have not really had a chance to confirm this. With the war ongoing Kakashi hasn't had time to grill the Leaf elders about this.

I think that at whatever point Kabuto gets near Itachi he will enact his subtle Genjutsu. The Genjutsu will be so flawless Kabuto wont notice until later and when he tries to break it and puts Itachi back under total control. It will appear Itachi pushes Sasuke into a corner and Kabuto will get ready to take advantage and just when it looks like hes about to succeed it will turn out to be a Genjutsu and he will be forced to end Mass Edo Tensei. Edo Itachi will begin to crumble and fade away and offer Sasuke one last piece of advice.

My feeling is that this will only effect the Edo summon bodies currently summoned some how permanently making them unable to summon again. So he will still have access to the mystery coffin but not to his army of Edo summons.

In this way Itachi will be able to have a truly epic heroic end proving to Kakashi and the others that Madara's tale was based on truth then Itachi truly ends as Hero. This is Itachi's purpose here in his final act to end the current Edo Tensei and I cant think of anyone better to do so.

Your thoughts & ideas?

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

I have to imagine that Kishi brought back Itachi and Nagato for reasons which include them striking a final blow at Madara's plans. Perhaps this way, they can both redeem themselves in some small way, in the eyes of the shinobi world, since for now they are both seen as criminals. What you suggested could be very well be part of it. Kishi better use those two for some earth shaking purpose, or else I'll start an internet rebellion against Jump.

(A little digression): One has to wonder what Itachi and Nagato are doing right now. Could it be that a summon who is still inside his coffin remains inert?

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    (A little digression): One has to wonder what Itachi and Nagato are doing right now. Could it be that a summon who is still inside his coffin remains inert?
    I think Nagato might be collecting bodies for his dummies.
    UNLEASH THE GREEN BEAST OF KONOHA

Quote Originally Posted by POW View Post
    Well I have been throwing this idea around on the forums for a little bit now, that at some point Itachi will break free of Kabuto's control and this will have a important impact on the story.

One of the great things about Itachi is his ability to grasp the big picture hence why he is able to plan several steps ahead as he did with Sasuke's implanted Amatertsu or implanting some of his powers in Naruto. He has clearly show a capacity to surpass all expectations put before him so the idea that hes just going to be some doll for someone like Kabuto doesnt add up to me.

We know that the connection between the summoner and Edo summon is the chakra they use for the summoning and is also used to force their will upon them. However as we have seen as of late with Zabuza /Haku and even Hanzou the Edo summon has the capacity to resist the will of the summoner.

I feel somewhat sure that at some critical point Kabuto plans to use Itachi against Sasuke to weaken him enough so that he can try and take him over. However I think Itachi has already anticipated this since his resurrection and has a plan of his own.

Since its already been explained the ways to deal with Kabuto's mass Edo Tensei is using Genjutsu on the user to end the summon I think this is where Itachi comes into my plan. Since we know Sharingan Genjutsu does not require hand seals I think at some point Itachi will use his Edo Sharingan on Kabuto placing him under multilayer Genjutsu similar to Genjutsu battle with Sasuke.

My feeling is that since Itachi did not have a clean heroic death this will be his redeeming final act showing him finally able to act on his true desires and wishes. Madara had a chance to tell Kakashi and Naruto about Itachi's past but they have not really had a chance to confirm this. With the war ongoing Kakashi hasn't had time to grill the Leaf elders about this.

I think that at whatever point Kabuto gets near Itachi he will enact his subtle Genjutsu. The Genjutsu will be so flawless Kabuto wont notice until later and when he tries to break it and puts Itachi back under total control. It will appear Itachi pushes Sasuke into a corner and Kabuto will get ready to take advantage and just when it looks like hes about to succeed it will turn out to be a Genjutsu and he will be forced to end Mass Edo Tensei. Edo Itachi will begin to crumble and fade away and offer Sasuke one last piece of advice.

My feeling is that this will only effect the Edo summon bodies currently summoned some how permanently making them unable to summon again. So he will still have access to the mystery coffin but not to his army of Edo summons.

In this way Itachi will be able to have a truly epic heroic end proving to Kakashi and the others that Madara's tale was based on truth then Itachi truly ends as Hero. This is Itachi's purpose here in his final act to end the current Edo Tensei and I cant think of anyone better to do so.

Your thoughts & ideas?
    Interesting idea, definitely wouldn't put it past Itachi.

But I I doubt Kabuto would waste summons like nagato and itachi by letting him run loose like the other summons, I think he will instantly take full control for big fight if he needs them. If not kabuto would undoubtedly be idiot and simply wasting manga pages in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by psukkar View Post

But I I doubt Kabuto would waste summons like nagato and itachi by letting him run loose like the other summons, I think he will instantly take full control for big fight if he needs them. If not kabuto would undoubtedly be idiot and simply wasting manga pages in my opinion.
    Unless of course Kabuto wants Madara to fail at his attempt.

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    Unless of course Kabuto wants Madara to fail at his attempt.
    Yea thats possible too, but I was thinking the rebelling would start later after Kabuto screws around with zetsu/frist hokage maybe even so6p(rinnegan).

His motivations like orcoihmaru were to understand all jutsu and the rinnegan EASILY TOP on his list.

Quote Originally Posted by psukkar View Post

Quote Originally Posted by OrochiKakaRiya View Post
    Nice theory. However, I think Kabuto is going to have full control of those two because if not they'll both easily fall to hug-no-jutsu. Nagato respected and liked Naruto enough to bring half the village back to life thus ending his own. Naruto will say something to make Nagato crumble, unless Kabuto is in full control. But, like I said, I like your theory and heres to hoping it follows something similar.

Well I think the stronger the will of the Edo summon the more difficult it is to control them and trying to take both Nagato and Itachi at the same time in different areas may prove to be difficult if not impossible for Kabuto.

However there is more to it than just that as Kabuto is essentially creating an opening to distract Madara and the Alliance by having Nagato attack their HQ's. He knows that if he goes after Sasuke too early Zetsu will tip off Madara and he can instant teleport in.

There is no one else to go after the 8 tails as the Zetsu's are busy and not front line fighters anyway. Madara stated himself that he was going after the last 2 Bijuu before Kabuto claimed he would go instead. Also we know trying to take on 2 Jinchuuriki with full control of their power at the same time would be difficult.

So the idea is that while Shinobi HQ is distracted and Naruto and KB are separated Madara will make his move and go for the 8 tails giving Kabuto the window of opportunity to go after Sasuke while Madara is busy. He wont be able to focus on the 2 fights at the same time so will change his focus to waiting for the opening to take Sasuke.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
    Its clear to me that Kabuto is saving the best ressurected ninjas for something bigger. As of now, there are already several excellent ress-ninjas fightning against the Alliance and I think that only the ex-jinchuurikies, Nagato, Itachi and the mystery coffin ninja are the ones left behind. Probably to catch KB and Naruto, as I think they are the strongest ninjas in the Alliance. Naruto is even growing in power !! When hes done with his current training then hes easily the top ninja of the Alliance.

Im not sure if Itachi will somehow pull off yet another "troll" on Kabutos and Madaras plans but I do know that there is a reason why Kishi brought the dead from theyre graves. Asuma/TeamShika, Gaara/his dad, Hanzou/Mifune, etc.. Its like they specificaly came into life in the manga to "repare" or resolve something. From this point of view, its pretty much guaranted that Itachi/Sasuke theme is going to resume once again.

I agree that Itachi deserves his final moment of glory, the way he died was .. not satisfying at all !! As for Nagato, Im not so sure. But theoretically Nagato should be more likely to break free of Edo Tensei control since he has the Rinnegan.

My take on this is as follows .. since the ninja war started, I allways thought that at first the Alliance will have a solid start to the fight. Currently, its just like that bcs everything is going according to theyre plans. But that doesnt bring any drama ! Im sure Im not the only one who thinks that Alliance is beating the Edo Tensei and Madaras army too smoothly. Im just waiting for the breakthrough point when suddenly Alliance gets overwhelmed and at brink of destruction. Isnt that a perfect cameo for Naruto ? Just like Pain at peak of Konohas destruction until Naruto came and beat him down. I expect something similiar here in this war.
    Excellent points and yes I also agree Nagato is the other one with the capability to break free of Edo tensei I mean we are talking about the Rinnegan user here who uses powers mentioned not of this world. I mean if Kabuto had trouble controlling Zabuza and Haku how difficult will it be to control someone as powerful as Nagato. However ending Edo Tensei requires Genjutsu thats why I think Itachi is the key to ending it.

I also had the same idea that Naruto and Sasuke will show up and change the landscape of the War at a critical moment. I also had the idea of Naruto and KB showing up on the battlefield on top of a giant frog to help out. Then Naruto goes off to face Nagato as KB stays to help the Shinobi.

Quote Originally Posted by sharingan360 View Post
    isnt itachi basucally blind now, since madara took his eye and out them in sasuke
    Edo summons dont use their real bodies they are deceased souls possessing a sacrifice body surrounded by dirt that takes the form of their old selves.

Fire type

Man I really didnt think Itachi could break free, but who would have though shuis would bail him out.

No one really, but kishi lol.

Kudos to you POW.

My thoughts have been that while Edo Itachi faces Sasuke, Edo Nagato will face Naruto. Nagato will be sent to the Cloud village and will fight with Tsuande & A to distract the Shinobi leadership. Naruto will be the only one able to handle him so will show up and go round 2.

Meanwhile some other Edo summons possible the former Jinchuuriki will face off against KB distracting him until Madara himself may come and face off against KB. My feeling is that after Itachi ends Edo Tensei there will be split panel scene with Nagato & Itachi fading away then another split panel with Naruto & Sasuke.

Kabuto will manage to escape Sasuke's wrath while Madara captures KB.

Fire type

Quote Originally Posted by POW View Post
    My thoughts have been that while Edo Itachi faces Sasuke, Edo Nagato will face Naruto. Nagato will be sent to the Cloud village and will fight with Tsuande & A to distract the Shinobi leadership. Naruto will be the only one able to handle him so will show up and go round 2.

Meanwhile some other Edo summons possible the former Jinchuuriki will face off against KB distracting him until Madara himself may come and face off against KB. My feeling is that after Itachi ends Edo Tensei there will be split panel scene with Nagato & Itachi fading away then another split panel with Naruto & Sasuke.

Kabuto will manage to escape Sasuke's wrath while Madara captures KB.
    Always thought that this would happen.