View Poll Results: Rate This Chapter?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 (Excellent)

    16 45.71%
  • 4 (Good)

    10 28.57%
  • 3 (Average)

    5 14.29%
  • 2 (Bad)

    2 5.71%
  • 1 (Terrible)

    2 5.71%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 56
  1. #31

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirxxx View Post
    And yes! I knew Asuma had more tricks up his sleeve. Though I'm certain this technique is pretty low-level, or he would've used it in the fight that killed him. Still, great to see what else he can do besides his chakra knives!
    Quote Originally Posted by DaShaman View Post
    great chapter
    now we know why hanzou let the sanins go, so his not a compleat a**hole, aculy his kind of cool
    Agreed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shikamaru the 7th View Post
    awesome awesome chapter, hanzou was the man, choji sucks like always, looks like the sand shinobi are taking care of alot of the sealing, mifune is pretty bad ass too. but how come all the generals are having to do most of the work, whats going on with all the other good ninjas in their divisions? hope the story gets back to kakashis division vs the bloodline limit users and the 7 swordsman.
    Well, like Mizune did, It's not necessarily that they had to but more so that they chose to, except maybe Darui's case. Besides if their unique jutsus or capabilities are needed and no 1 else knows them, no other choice anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by Genesis 1.0 View Post
    +10

    In any case, Hanzou climbs to the peak of Mt. Epic and plants his flag. The actual fight previous was still utter shit but the end was just great, real closure. Hell, he could have done some real damage to the army by simply slashing his side open, mask intact and poisoning the shit out of everyone else.
    Yeah, guess his, not necessarily wanting to kill, honor, or now bad old "living habits" prevented him from doing so.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Where are all the ANBU in all this? I hope the Hokage sent them out to go find the masterminds behind all this, Kabuto and Madara, it would be good to have the main forces attacking the Edo zombies and the Zetsus but then have another elite squad tracking down Kabuto and making him be on the run all the time.
    You make a good point. Why waste them so far in this war? Could be attributed to making them never really be seen fighting like was mentioned in the beginning of the manga. Thinking about it, the only ANBU-ish battles we had was between Danzou's root and Madara. Hope they get some really intense battles in this war, might be the last chances to see really see them in action.
    Last edited by SCarred Luffy Lvl:Z; 03-18-2011 at 09:41 PM.

  2. #32
    Senior Member paulbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fargo, North Dakota USA
    Posts
    6,693
    Quote Originally Posted by daz bonez View Post
    Didn't Kabuto say that he was going to strip the zombies of their wills, leaving behind nothing but emotionless automatons? Specifically to avoid them being talked-to-death?
    Already Satisfactorily answered elsewhere


    Quote Originally Posted by daz bonez View Post
    i dont even think,that some good guys are going to die in this war..just like in bleach^^
    Unfortunately not true. I would prefer that no one got killed, in the spirit of kid safe media. (That's one reason I won't watch the last Harry Potter, too much killing and dying). Madara's war will probably go on long after the Kabuto interlude has expired.

    Quote Originally Posted by POW View Post

    - Heh for those that question my theory that Itachi or Nagato will over come Kabuto's seal or even reverse or overwrite his control and free themselves I point this chapter out to you. Someone with a strong enough will can overcome Edo tesnei control if only for few moments.
    Unfortunately it makes Shodaime and Nidaime look weak as they were used by Orochimaru. Yes, Yes I know that Oro stripped their will away.

    Finally, @DAz,

    Kishimoto's Naruto is not about the fighting and realism about fighting. It is instead an up-lifting story dotted with a modicum of tragedy. It is about Making good with the help of your friends, by being compassionate and forgiving, it is about not giving up (shonen stereotype), and it is not meant to mirror reality precisely. One gets the feeling that you did not start reading Naruto at the very beginnings of the story. If you re-read those early tales, you will find in them more inkling as to what Naruto is all about. The fighting and stuff does add to the excitement though.

    I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

  3. #33
    Regarding the completely stripping of will thing, I believe he can't do it to everyone since it requires intense concentration. He was able to do it to Haku and Kabuza. They weren't able to speak their mind at all. But with Asuma, Dan and Chiyo, they only couldn't control their body but they can speak their mind. I guess Kabuto is reserving his complete control for Pain and Itachi.

    I'm sure Chouji would be redeemed in the next chapter. I remember Asuma saying that it's Chouji's kindness that makes him stronger than Shikamaro and Ino, or was it Asuma? I can't remember exactly but it was along that line.
    UNLEASH THE GREEN BEAST OF KONOHA

  4. #34
    Mangekyou Sharingan itachi_47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    255
    Man, i am really starting to like Mifune!

    Hanzou lived up to expectation finally. I thin kit's more about Mifune being really strong, rather than Hanzou being not worthy of his legend.

    As for Chouji, get a grip man!


    Itachi and Sasuke are my favorite characters ever created in a anime.

    "Thank you to all the writers, drawers and translator that brings us a new Naruto chapter every week. I thank you all, for all your hard work. It is in my opinion the best anime serie ever created. Domo Arigato gosaimasu! Jamata Raishu!"

  5. #35
    Prick List: Gaara, Bee Genesis 1.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    825
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Kishimoto's Naruto is not about the fighting and realism about fighting. It is instead an up-lifting story dotted with a modicum of tragedy. It is about Making good with the help of your friends, by being compassionate and forgiving, it is about not giving up (shonen stereotype), and it is not meant to mirror reality precisely. One gets the feeling that you did not start reading Naruto at the very beginnings of the story. If you re-read those early tales, you will find in them more inkling as to what Naruto is all about. The fighting and stuff does add to the excitement though.
    Wow....

    No offense, but that sounds like total shit. I'm thankful that there are many people that don't see it that way, if I DID, I probably wouldn't bother reading it. It's possible to have realism, tragedy, hard hitting action, and all of it revolving around a central, encompassing message. You don't have to choose between Teletubby Fluff and Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

    You make it sound like Sesame Street Samurais. No offense, but I call bullshit. Of course we're all entitled to our own views of this manga.

    "For I being a poor man, have only my dreams & I have spread them beneath your feet. Tread carefully, for you tread upon my dreams."

  6. #36
    C'mon Genesis, it is Shonen manga. What would you expect? The target audience are teenager boys. This is the stage when people are still too idealistic and full of imagination about the world while at the same dealing with the awful realities in life. I think Shonen manga is reflecting that kind of psyche. Boys wouldn't really care much about realism and aren't really that too critical like some people here in the forum. I guess you'll enjoy it more if you'll read it with a child's (or Boy's) eyes.

    And I see Naruto as Paul Bee does.

    Probably, some people have just outgrown Naruto.
    UNLEASH THE GREEN BEAST OF KONOHA

  7. #37
    Senior Member paulbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fargo, North Dakota USA
    Posts
    6,693
    Quote Originally Posted by Genesis 1.0 View Post
    Wow....

    No offense, but that sounds like total shit. I'm thankful that there are many people that don't see it that way, if I DID, I probably wouldn't bother reading it. It's possible to have realism, tragedy, hard hitting action, and all of it revolving around a central, encompassing message. You don't have to choose between Teletubby Fluff and Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

    You make it sound like Sesame Street Samurais. No offense, but I call bullshit. Of course we're all entitled to our own views of this manga.
    Kishi will decide just how far he wishes to push the death and tragedy thing.....or should I say, Kishi AND the publishers of Shonen Jump will decide.

    Quote Originally Posted by Monte.Teacher View Post
    C'mon Genesis, it is Shonen manga. What would you expect? The target audience are teenager boys. This is the stage when people are still too idealistic and full of imagination about the world while at the same dealing with the awful realities in life. I think Shonen manga is reflecting that kind of psyche. Boys wouldn't really care much about realism and aren't really that too critical like some people here in the forum. I guess you'll enjoy it more if you'll read it with a child's (or Boy's) eyes.

    And I see Naruto as Paul Bee does.

    Probably, some people have just outgrown Naruto.
    Thank You

    I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Ah yes, the badassiery flowing out of Hanzou is priceless. Well done Kishi, well done.


    Hanzou, he really reminds me of Naruto, but it may be because they are both Uzumaki's(LOOK, spiral on his clothes. This would explain why he was able to survive the poison and adapt to it.


    He defeated his enemies and those, with great hope and faith, regarded as worthy ones by giving them names, the ones that one day may bring peace to the world, the true friends in battle for peace.
    reminds me of snape in harry u see him as villain and yet he is valiant

  9. #39
    Senior Member FenixMarco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    3,689
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Kishi will decide just how far he wishes to push the death and tragedy thing.....or should I say, Kishi AND the publishers of Shonen Jump will decide.
    Naruto sells tons of volumes, pretty sure Jump won't interfere much with Kishi on what ever he decides. They'll obviously suggest things as always though.

  10. #40
    Elder Brother EliteKage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    931
    Quote Originally Posted by Genesis 1.0 View Post
    Wow....

    No offense, but that sounds like total shit. I'm thankful that there are many people that don't see it that way, if I DID, I probably wouldn't bother reading it. It's possible to have realism, tragedy, hard hitting action, and all of it revolving around a central, encompassing message. You don't have to choose between Teletubby Fluff and Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

    You make it sound like Sesame Street Samurais. No offense, but I call bullshit. Of course we're all entitled to our own views of this manga.
    I agree with this. I dont see Naruto as an uplifting story, in fact i see it as a manga that has done an incredible job of mixing the harsh realities of human life with some of the pleasures. Kishi is a genius in the way he is able to tie everything together. One of the best things i like about this manga is that there is no clear cut good or bad. Every single character has their own perspective of justice based on their own life experiences.

    The fact is Naruto started in 1999; many of the fans have grown and Kishi has done a good job of growing the plot alongside them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •