Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll

21 72.41%

4 13.79%

3 10.34%

0 0%

1 3.45%
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    If Luffy got this strong in 2 years, imagine after training and getting used to his powers how strong BB got and the rest of his crew now that their out of jail and up and running again o_O!

That poor shark lol, he looks like hes dying every time MP gets on him, shes so huge it probably takes everything he has to just float lol
    A pie in the sky?

^Although have to say, BB doesn't really strike me as the training type.

Reread the chapter, 2 mistakes were changed
    Luffy didn't say he wanted to leave the island, and Hachin didn't say there are stronger guys than Hodi. But I still think there are.

Edit: Checking AP Forums a lot more mistakes happen in the translations. Here's Aohige_AP's corrections.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by SCarred Luffy Lvl:Z View Post
    Too bad the confirmation was only with Luffy.
    Shanks and Rayleigh too. Or are you just talking about the chapter.

And to be fair about the tooth; if you hit a mountains high giant only in his giant tooth, odds are all you're gonna do is hurt the tooth. And as Shock put it, I believe he was holding back a bit since he @ that time just wanted to get to where he was going fast.
    Only hitting the tooth yeah that makes sense. But I got to disagree Luffy holding back, that look he had didn't look like a holding back look before he hit him.

Interesting ideas both, Although it makes sense that every1 not shown fighting yet would be saved for later because they're stronger than those currently shown, it would greatly disappoint me if these supposedly decently stronger guys that were a part of and subservient crew members to Hodi, were just amping Hodi up this whole time for no reason? They really seemed in awe of and proud of Hodi's power before.
    That's why I said he might just be a figured head. Also I doubt Hodi's already knocked out of the arc same goes for VDD.
    Last edited by FenixMarco; 03-17-2011 at 05:25 AM.

Alright a little late to the party but I just have to say, Freakin' Sweet Chapter!!!! Finally felt like we are covering some ground and seeing some kickass action. Very pleased.

Now as for a few notes:
    -Luffy punching Wadatsumi's tooth should be noted to the fact the teeth are one of the most sensitive parts of a person's anatamy, along with the eyes. So punching the giant in the tooth actually played to Luffy's plan to escape and get away from trouble. In that respect I don't believe he was holding back just using better judgement to the situation.
    -I cannot tell you how happy I am that Oda continues to sprinkle some old moves in with newer ones. aka JET HAMMER! Can't remember the last time we saw that one and was enjoyably unexpected.
    -Also, with Sanji, great effect. Though Chopper alludes to possibly a new symptom connected to Sanji's Okama blood transfusion (which I hope to hell isn't the case) let's not forget he did turn to stone when seeing Hancock and she wasn't even using her powers. So maybe just a passing phase.
    -Lastly, I really am hung up on what Keimi said about Hodi's mind being stronger than his actual physical strength. Not that I want to discredit Zoro's new badass-ness but maybe Hodi set some sort of trap???? idk but just a few ideas of mine.

Great chapter. I found Sanji turning to stone funny but I kinda wished that he wouldn't be interested in the Mermaid Princess. I think it would've been funnnier if Sanji said something like "Huh, Mermaid Princess? Where? Behind that crying idiot?" I think it would've been funny to see that the only female he's immune to, is a beautiful giant mermaid.

*Edit for grammar

One Piece

Quote Originally Posted by FenixMarco View Post
    Reread the chapter, 2 mistakes were changed
    Luffy didn't say he wanted to leave the island, and Hachin didn't say there are stronger guys than Hodi. But I still think there are.

Edit: Checking AP Forums a lot more mistakes happen in the translations. Here's Aohige_AP's corrections.
    Spoiler!

So they kick Molokidan and get a worst translator? Naruhodo! I know someone who's going get a good laugh from this, from our suffering that is.

Shanks and Rayleigh too. Or are you just talking about the chapter.

Only hitting the tooth yeah that makes sense. But I got to disagree Luffy holding back, that look he had didn't look like a holding back look before he hit him.

That's why I said he might just be a figured head. Also I doubt Hodi's already knocked out of the arc same goes for VDD.
    lol. Yeah, I understand. I was just talking about this chapter. I said it like that because it would've been a great time if any to definitively show if Zolo had haki, and saw it as a wasted opportunity. I was illustrating the fact that unfortunately the bubbles from his Hodi's mouth after being sliced by Zolo was probably just water air bubbles.

I don't know about Shock but As well as holding back, I partially meant that by streching up and so far, he probably utilized a lot less of his power and speed if he was like 20 or 30 ft. away doing that attack. Thus while perhaps using the same amount of force he did on SA to crush that PX, it didn't quite seem nearly as effective as that 1. So maybe it's more of the aftereffect of having to stretch that far and upwards might indicate Luffy's hit wasn't landed with the most amount of potential power. more like somewhere between 70-80% of the power it should have landed with.

I understood what you meant about the crew but I was asking if the crew was really that much stronger and perhaps letting Hodi be the figurehead, I would get that they would then do the acting to make him look like leader, but would they really need to do it in private like they did @ their hideout? And for what benefit are they doing all this for? Or rather would they be doing this out of fear of a possible enemy or under the direction of a secret boss? Either way, what was so important that they would need to pull all this (IMHO overly complicated) faking?

WHOA with the mistakes. Good finds FenixMarco. I thought it was funny that Oda would use Camie to tell us this. Her concepts of strong were 1st broken when the SH's showed up. And Luffy has never not liked an island. It really wouldn't fit him.
    Wonder if what was said last chapter by Hodi by being the SH's of prophecy was also a mistake or had Hodi just already heard about Madam Shirley's prophecy?

Quote Originally Posted by UrAl3ich View Post
    Great chapter. I found Sanji turning to stone funny but I kinda wished that he wouldn't be interested in the Mermaid Princess. I think it would've been funnnier if Sanji said something like "Huh, Mermaid Princess? Where? Behind that crying idiot?" I think it would've been funny to see that the only female he's immune to, is a beautiful giant mermaid.

*Edit for grammar
    It would have been funny, but not necessarily realistic in IMHO. If she had let Sanji down in the looks department like Kokoro he probably would've acted like he had never known she existed. But if she's female and even remotely hot, he could not ignore her. That's just who Sanji and Brooke are.

Still think it would be funny and somewhat probable if he has no memory of the experience somehow though. Could be a side effect of turning to stone. So "his greatest dream ...
    just never achieved
    ..." lol

Scaredy Cat is getting some good real life experience here with her unlikely savior. I really enjoy how unlike everyone else Luffy doesn't baby her and makes no attempt to hide how annoying he finds her. Still she can't be stuck being a spoiled brat forever and she can learn a lot from the future pirate king.

Decken got decked the hell out. Hey look Shira no hands! Hodi was also punked out in his own element against a not even fully serious Zoro. So much for all that hype huh? People were swaying back and forth on whether or not these guys would be formidable but Oda answered that question pretty quick.

Nami and Keimi going to meet up with Jinbe, I wonder if Nami has trouble trusting him? If she can forgive Hatchi I think she'll be fine, but given her history she has every right to have a bit of distaste for Fishmen. She's stronger than that though, and I think she's curious as to why the human fish/merpeople relations are as bad as they are.

Fishman Island has and yet hasn't been kind to Sanji. I guess compared to what he had to deal with for the past two years, constantly being in danger of instant death by godly amounts of beauty is a way better alternative. Kind of hard to argue with that.

As long as everything just keeps on flowing forward, then that's already enough.
    Where there's a will there's a way!
    Spoiler!

I don't know about Shock but As well as holding back, I partially meant that by streching up and so far, he probably utilized a lot less of his power and speed if he was like 20 or 30 ft. away doing that attack. Thus while perhaps using the same amount of force he did on SA to crush that PX, it didn't quite seem nearly as effective as that 1. So maybe it's more of the aftereffect of having to stretch that far and upwards might indicate Luffy's hit wasn't landed with the most amount of potential power. more like somewhere between 70-80% of the power it should have landed with.
    Well Luffy wasn't using like what 10x of his Gomu Gomu no powers, divide the number of his distance and Oda's last comparable fight. Luffy has about 50% of his Gomu Gomu no powers plus depleted Haki. That said he wasn't holding back at all, just it was 1 shot.
    I understood what you meant about the crew but I was asking if the crew was really that much stronger and perhaps letting Hodi be the figurehead, I would get that they would then do the acting to make him look like leader, but would they really need to do it in private like they did @ their hideout? And for what benefit are they doing all this for? Or rather would they be doing this out of fear of a possible enemy or under the direction of a secret boss? Either way, what was so important that they would need to pull all this (IMHO overly complicated) faking?
    If my prediction is true Hodi just being a figure head, it could be for various reasons. As you gave an example of asking many questions I can't possibly know the answers to. But if you want my further speculation of it. I assume as to be using Hodi, like as a decoy? For achieving a higher goal than just taking over the palace? We already know a poneglyph is present on Fishman Island. What other valuable treasures could they be hiding? The ancient weapon Posiedan maybe? Neptunes Trident in mythology.
    WHOA with the mistakes. Good finds FenixMarco. I thought it was funny that Oda would use Camie to tell us this. Her concepts of strong were 1st broken when the SH's showed up. And Luffy has never not liked an island. It really wouldn't fit him.
    Wonder if what was said last chapter by Hodi by being the SH's of prophecy was also a mistake or had Hodi just already heard about Madam Shirley's prophecy?
    These are Aohige_AP's last chapter notes I don't know if you'll find your answer though.
    Spoiler!

Lollipop Candy ♥BAD♥ girl daz bonez's Avatar
    Take That Hodi..you fat-good-for-nothing-stupid-fishman......taking The baddest character in Op and Mihawk Apprentice.that last page i think that`s enough to be said.Badassery to the Max^

Hodi and Decken have been especially hyped up for One Piece villains for quite a bit and now both of them have been handed their asses by Luffy and Zoro who both had handicaps. Wonder where Oda is going with this?

Oda looks like making the scene of Luffy really funny,while in zoro part it`s really Badass....
    and he seems to be working to some big reveal with Nami, meaning we will probably get a flashback soon.

Pandaman at bottom of page nine next to squid fishwoman on the right.

@Marco:Nice i just wanna posted that,I'm starting to miss molokidan... What happened to him?^.anyway thanks to mangastream though,for the fast release^

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Fisher Tiger is a punk ass bitch.

-----credit to Maximo for the kick ass ava----

I expected nothing less. Hodi and Vanderdecken are just noobs underwater. Luffy and Zoro have gotten much stronger. If they didn't beat them that easily, I would've been disappointed. I was suprised, however, that Zoro can move so quick in the water, it shows he must've trained a lot.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Currently reading/watching:
    One Piece, Naruto, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kenichi, Hajime No Ippo The Rising, Hunter x Hunter