21 72.41%

4 13.79%

3 10.34%

0 0%

1 3.45%
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

One Piece

Quote Originally Posted by Blackriot69 View Post
    Wow....go from Fenix and Cross trying to rip apart each other's statements to guy wondering if Mihawk gave Zoro his eyeball (which I strongly doubt) lol. What fun times

As far as your theory goes, I am sort of on your side Cross (though not totally lol). Like you have said it would be cooler if Zoro didn't have any haki and could defeat a logia type opponent in a more individual way, Asura or curse or whatever. Sort of like how I hope Sanji can burn through with heat a logia. To me same idea.

Now as far as what Fenix is saying, idk really. I don't think haki is the only way to face a logia, though I do agree it is probably the most effective way. Also, every DF has a natural enemy, ie. Enel vs Luffy and Akainu vs Ace. In addition to that I think any person determined enough to overcome a disadvantage like that, which brings me back to our theories. Sure haki is a sure fire way to physically surpass a logia's intangibility but it isn't the only way, and even it has its limits as seen when Akainu merely brushed the WB pirates attacks as an annoyance. Plus you have some users like BB who though a logia, cannot become intangible at all, and can be struck just the same as w/o a DF like WB did. All in all the theories are just theories, regardless what has already been stated in the manga, there continues to be speculation and mystery surrounding most aspects of it, haki, asura, or whatever other ability seen or yet to be. Everything is simple theories pieced together by what we already know to strengthen them. Besides, if theories were discredited every time someone found a scrap of evidence against it then this sight wouldn't exist haha.
    It was already said in the manga it's the only efficient way. There isn't much to think about it when its cut dry like that.

This isn't a scrap of evidence, this is a the haki explanation that's been avoided for this manga for 596 chapters. Rayleigh pretty much gets straight to the point.

It's obvious as daylight this is just some over Zoro fandom, why aren't people speculating about Sanji getting special powers? What about Nami? And Chopper and so on.

Yeah there's theories that still live on, but this was only a theory until chapter 597. Now it's just a fan fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    See you guys agreed on something, disagreeing with me. Sigh... I knew you could do it! Anyways all I care about is seeing an eye patch on that pirate hunter.

By the way, did Hawkeye use Haki when he fought Luffy...or did he ever use it? If he doesn't use it, would it be a fair assessment that Zoro didn't learn haki persay from him during the time skip?
    Mofo.

Mihawk vs Croc during the war, haki. And no Mihawk's blade wasn't covered in water. Rayleigh wields haki old generation swordsmen, Mihawk the worlds strongest swordsmen.

First, everyone chill and breathe, I feel like this is turning downhill from the point of this discussion thread (618-619 disc/predictions.) Probably should move these current few pages to the haki thread lying about somewhere................

I see your point, and respectfully say I'm not convinced, and as you stated yourself, it is not the only way, just the most EFFICIENT one. While Rayleigh did explain it, I'm sure there is more to Haki than is already known. As it says in the manga section you posted, the more a person grows the more they can do with Haki. So quite possibly there is differences yet to be seen.

Also I was merely saying scrap as an adjective to evidence, not some random belittled piece out of context to justify something.

And in my defense, I think Sanji will burn through logias if I count enough for a fandom lol
    We all know people have slight obsessions with Zoro cough cough daz cough cough lol (sorry to bring you into this by the way lol)

Fenix, you can't say ideas/places/people/blah blah blah blah blah are automatically entered into fan fiction once a chapter comes along to say what happened in accordance to them.

But to hopefully get us back on track, as I mentioned earlier and as many of you fellow posters believe, a greater antagonist possibly resides in the depths of this arc (like the pun Whether Big Mam or one of her subordinates shows up or if it is another large crime cydicate like Baroque Works is all up for speculation now following the cannon fodder both Decken and Hodi displayed in the last chapter. Any other ideas? I thought maybe Donflamingo is involved????

I see your point, and respectfully say I'm not convinced, and as you stated yourself, it is not the only way, just the most EFFICIENT one. While Rayleigh did explain it, I'm sure there is more to Haki than is already known. As it says in the manga section you posted, the more a person grows the more they can do with Haki. So quite possibly there is differences yet to be seen.

Also I was merely saying scrap as an adjective to evidence, not some random belittled piece out of context to justify something.

And in my defense, I think Sanji will burn through logias if I count enough for a fandom lol
    We all know people have slight obsessions with Zoro cough cough daz cough cough lol (sorry to bring you into this by the way lol)

Fenix, you can't say ideas/places/people/blah blah blah blah blah are automatically entered into fan fiction once a chapter comes along to say what happened in accordance to them.
    or croc just kept his hock solid to catch the blade! and as i talked with you B4 BR what if we are misinterpreting what silvers said?
    re reading that chapter i was thinking. he said "besides its ability to attack the weak points of DF users, this CoA haki exists as the only way to oppose them" then he mentions how haki can capture the body of logias. so im thinking that he might mean haki is the only way to oppose the DF ability but not the only way to beat a DF user. i mean we have seen tons and tons of DF users beaten including logias. so if you think about it that way. my theory is not that easy to toss out.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    See you guys agreed on something, disagreeing with me. Sigh... I knew you could do it! Anyways all I care about is seeing an eye patch on that pirate hunter.

By the way, did Hawkeye use Haki when he fought Luffy...or did he ever use it? If he doesn't use it, would it be a fair assessment that Zoro didn't learn haki persay from him during the time skip?
    LOL. End 1 argument just to start an eventual new 1.
    To be fair just slicing Luffy would have been fine. There was no need to add haki to it. Luffy's greatest weakness is that he can be sliced.

Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    people assume he has it because he is the worlds greatest swords men but no we never saw him use it during the war. and it is fair to say that zoro did not learn haki from him during the break whether zoro can use it or not.
    It is fair to say, you don't know and leave it at that. The thing about expressing opinions is not to make them out to be fact. The way you phrase that, it is also fair to say Zolo did learn did learn haki from him during the break whether Zolo can use it or not.
    Or just say neither.

First, everyone chill and breathe, I feel like this is turning downhill from the point of this discussion thread (618-619 disc/predictions.) Probably should move these current few pages to the haki thread lying about somewhere................

But to hopefully get us back on track, as I mentioned earlier and as many of you fellow posters believe, a greater antagonist possibly resides in the depths of this arc (like the pun Whether Big Mam or one of her subordinates shows up or if it is another large crime cydicate like Baroque Works is all up for speculation now following the cannon fodder both Decken and Hodi displayed in the last chapter. Any other ideas? I thought maybe Donflamingo is involved????
    Well don't take my word for it. Rayleigh's dialogue said the ONLY EFFICIENT way, the other translator said sole method. It could be a differentiation of haki ? Yeah that's possible but that means it's still haki.

If it's random piece out of context, then why did Oda choose to tell us this? He could had had Rayleigh say it vaguely like this "is one of the few ways to efficiently"... and so on. Even if it was said vaguely it's further definitive info also pretty much describes Zoro. He also said that everyone has haki, again Oda gave it straight. Not vaguely, before that chapter everyone was point left and right on what it was? Who has it? What's this and that.

It's not impossible to burn through Logia's Akainu did it, but he also said it was because his element was stronger than his something along those lines.

True, I can't say that agree. But when the manga clearly shuts it down it's already proven wrong, if you continue to stick to it ignoring the actual story. That pretty much is the definition of fan fics. It like if I continue to say Marco will be the next Yonkou after BB became it.

Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    or croc just kept his hock solid to catch the blade! and as i talked with you B4 BR what if we are misinterpreting what silvers said?
    re reading that chapter i was thinking. he said "besides its ability to attack the weak points of DF users, this CoA haki exists as the only way to oppose them" then he mentions how haki can capture the body of logias. so im thinking that he might mean haki is the only way to oppose the DF ability but not the only way to beat a DF user. i mean we have seen tons and tons of DF users beaten including logias. so if you think about it that way. my theory is not that easy to toss out.
    It's easy to toss out, it already has been tossed out. Please share us the link to this manga page so I can crush the last dying breath of this theory that should been gone months ago when the chapter came out.
    Last edited by FenixMarco; 03-21-2011 at 05:49 AM.

What the freak happened here? I come back for my "after-the-weekend" check, and I find 13 pages of discussion, 4 of which seem to be WAGs and SWAGs of all kinds, and the people who shoot them down. You guys gotta feel the ethers, man. Keep it cool. Oh, but I did read this:

Quote Originally Posted by FenixMarco View Post
    I don't think eyeballs work in One Piece like they do in Naruto.

I did read a long theory of Zoro killing Mihawk during the time skip.

Either of these theories happening? Not a chance.
    and I LOL'd so hard! Can you imagine, once Luffy is Pirate King, he's all:

"Zoro! Now you're ready. Are you prepared to face Mihawk, your greatest rival, and finally prove yourself as the World's Greatest Swordsman?"

"Mihawk?! I killed him 15 years ago. OFFSCREEN!"

"15 years?! That was during our two year training period when we were shown to be so weak that we were being slaughtered left and right by Navy Admirals and their non-navy nephews and Schi...Chibi...Sukibuki alike. And you murdered the one who was also your whole inspiration for improving yourself?!!!"

"I know, right!"

"What the fuck? Then why the hell have you still been sticking with the crew all this time?!"

"I'unno. Bored, I guess."

Crew: *facepalm*

Yeah it's been a bit interesting around here. It's Shichibukai haha. And the scene you just gave had me lmao. Great job man.

Now back to the fun. Fenix, Idk if anyone, at least I'm not discounting what Rayleigh/Oda already said about Haki and how it works and whatever else we have been talking about for the last seven pages or blah. I simply think we are wondering if their is any leeway or other way to defeat a logia. Whether everyone has haki or not and can use it shouldn't discount the possibility of a person's creativeness and instinctal ability to overcome what is otherwise the common practice. This is the basis of what OP is build so firmly on, alluding to something which seems sound and exact and then having some instance where a character breaks from the normal traditional way of donig something.

The Emperor of Everything dct21's Avatar
    Theres only 3 ways to touch a Logia

1. Haki
    2. Seastone
    3. catch by suprise like luffy did in Alabasta against Smoker and Ace

Since everyone is talking about Haki I might aswel jump in lol

The way I see it when you add Zoro to the equation the only logical theory is Haki has a Ying & Yang variation. Theirs the Haki that Rayleigh explained and then theirs Haki like the one Zoro has which allows him to summon demonic spirits e.g. when he activates "Asura" & "Enbima Yonezu Oni Giri" you can clearly see a dark spirit.

I still don't understand why Oda gave a good guy a dark element, a swordsman with demonic spirits would be more suitable for someone like Shiryuu not Zoro but since it looks awesome Im not really complaining lol.

Quote Originally Posted by kiduka View Post
    Since everyone is talking about Haki I might aswel jump in lol

The way I see it when you add Zoro to the equation the only logical theory is Haki has a Ying & Yang variation. Theirs the Haki that Rayleigh explained and then theirs Haki like the one Zoro has which allows him to summon demonic spirits e.g. when he activates "Asura" & "Enbima Yonezu Oni Giri" you can clearly see a dark spirit.

I still don't understand why Oda gave a good guy a dark element, a swordsman with demonic spirits would be more suitable for someone like Shiryuu not Zoro but since it looks awesome Im not really complaining lol.
    or its just not haki. now that being said if his power is not haki, he could still learn haki on top of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]