Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossX21 View Post
    So pretty much a fake-out like the match against shinryuu naga. I have a sinking feeling that Sena will face off against the real eyeshield at the christmas bowl.
    No I meant more like the match against Seibu, where they actually lost in the end. But this time AFTER the clock hits 0:00, I'm betting a referee notices something.

Anyone else notice there are like no penalties in this manga/anime. I am a huge football fan so I get a good laugh out of it but has anyone else thought about that?
    My name is Corey and I am an asshole. I get excessively drunk at inappropriate times, disregard social norms, indulge in every whim, ignore the consequences of my actions, mock idiots and posers, sleep with random women, and just generally act like a raging dick head. I contribute to society in no way what so ever

Proud fan of the Oujou White Knights!

Well I think the devil bats are too alert to make penalties (Hiruma would kill them) And the other teams seem to be too serious to make mistakes as well.

Serious? - they're fourteen to seventeen, who the heck is serious in that age? I guess the author just dislikes this sort of stuff, other sports manga are full of cheating (Hajime no Ippo,H2,Katsu), although the main character's team never cheats the rivals do that a lot (the main rival is an exeption usually seeing how he or they should be likable to).
    However, i remember penalties in a game - their first meeting with the Chameleons,ironically that was the only match they've been in that didn't have a referee.

Look at it, they are serious. They all have their dreams to win the christmas bowl before ____ leaves high school and won't be able to play anymore. Only a couple of teams are not serious about this.

I wasn't implying that they are not serious about wining, I was pointing out that they are a bunch of high school kids most of whom aren't even playing football for half a year, it would have been natural for them to screw up with the rules or commit fouls, if not because they are newbies then for the fact that they are emotional kids. The absence of that means that the mangaka just decided not to touch that aspect of the game.

Can I be:

Hakushuu Dinosaurs
    Line: #70 - EA105

Gaou is an animal...

Of course, already added

And yes, Gaou is monster :/

I cannot wait for the next chapter, I really did not expect for them to use the dragonfly. And then dub it the devil dragonfly at that, so cool.

This was mildly worrying me for some time but... Hiruma's speed is 5 sec. per 40 yards (36.5 meters) Sena is USUALLY going 4.5 unless he kicks up the high gear after which he's close to puking. That doesn't ad up - Sena is portrayed running at the speed of a motor bike while people just a little slower then him run as... well NORMAL humans, 0.5 a second isn't THAT big a difference. The author could have written down a bigger gap for reality's sake at least.