Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 95

Thread: Sabo is alive!

  1. #51
    Senior Member cross777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,778
    Quote Originally Posted by Airicks View Post
    I thought he did, I mean, Sabo was really strong for his age but he wasn't "super human" yet ... and I'm assuming a cannon used by world nobles would be stronger then any normal hand cannon(Sabo was just stronger then a normal adult, even Mike Tyson would die being blown up with a cannon).

    Lastly, I think its clear because the story was set up after Ace's death.. it would had been no problem for Oda to make up that arc before the war, for example - after Alabasta the crew could had asked about Ace. So I really don't buy the explanation "Sabo couldn't had came during the war because he wasn't shown yet".

    As I have said, its much more likely Sabo was just made to help Luffy get over Aces death, and also it shown why Luffy cannot fail at becoming the PK - he was the youngest brother, last out to sea, and the last one to survive.. so he couldn't just stop after Ace's death he had to move forward.
    well there are some possible reasons why he did not show up.
    he might not remember, he might be with dragon and there for ordered or kept away from the war, he could have been to far away to make it in time.
    any number of reasons. its just to easy for sabo to have made it out u know
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  2. #52
    Mindf*cked
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    168
    The greatest indication toward Sabo being alive is that the mangaka is Oda. Every single panel has a bearing on future events. Every moment planned and nothing wasted. If they had completely skipped the flashback, the story wouldn't change at all. If anything else in OP was changed, everything else would follow. Why would Oda introduce a random character who existed in the distant past who played very little role except showing us Dragon in his revolutionary costume. He's Alive. Either that or you doubt the mindboggling genius of Oda.

  3. #53
    Senior Member Airicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    792
    OK, I'm going to say something that is taboo on a One Piece forum..

    ODA IS A HUMAN.. He is NOT a 'genius', if he were why the hell would he write manga for a living?

    Oda IS a great story teller, and guess what.. thats all the flashback arc was, a story. There is absolutely no definitive proof Sabo is alive right now in the One Piece timeline.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Spaz View Post
    Why would Oda introduce a random character who existed in the distant past who played very little role.
    Sabo did not play a "little" role, he and Ace gave Luffy the drive/experience/strength he needed to survive. Why was he introduced? I suspect it was for Ace, after all the fact Ace already had 1 friend gave Luffy a chance to become his brother - So Sabo while he wasn't some "little" role, I think he was mostly plot plot no mi.

    Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    its just to easy for sabo to have made it out u know
    He *may* be alive, obviously its not an impossibility, however its very.. very unlikely.
    Click to see what RPG personality you are.
    (It's funny because I ALWAYS use a bow if its available in a game lol)

  4. #54
    Senior Member cross777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,778
    no its not very very unlikely its very very likely. we know dragon saved some one on that day at that place. why would oda have shown dragon saving some one random and unimportant to they story character. also oda is a genius. there are different levels of genius and different types and being able to draw, tell and imagine a story like that man can makes him a genius.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  5. #55
    Mindf*cked
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    168
    even without the sabo part, luffy would be the same. Ace was his brother. To me, currently he's a hasty afterthought. In about a year, when we've all forgotten him, Oda's gonna pull out that card and it will be flipping epic.

  6. #56
    Legendary Member halaros536's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    greece
    Posts
    4,536
    Quote Originally Posted by Airicks View Post
    OK, I'm going to say something that is taboo on a One Piece forum..

    ODA IS A HUMAN.. He is NOT a 'genius', if he were why the hell would he write manga for a living?
    Eh i dont know.

    Maybe,maybe because he gets loads of money and because its something that he likes to do?

    Seriously writting manga for a living is considered stupid now?Especially when the mangaka in question is writting one of the most popular manga in the world and obviously is making a fortune?

    Fanboism aside, i do consider Oda an extremely intelligent person and i dont see whats wrong with that.He has to be really intelligent and creative to write such a manga and keep it going for so many years and in comparison to other mangakas he's making very few mistakes.

    If he qualifies as a genius or not,its up to its person's standards i guess.


    Oda IS a great story teller, and guess what.. thats all the flashback arc was, a story. There is absolutely no definitive proof Sabo is alive right now in the One Piece timeline.
    I dont see how Sabo being or not being alive tells us something about his story telling skills?

    I really cannot see your point here.

  7. #57
    Senior Member Airicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    792
    @hal I never said writing manga for a living was considered stupid, but you don't need to have the intelligence of Neil DeGrasse Tyson or Carl Sagan in order to make a successful manga.

    Did you read "The Spaz"s comments that I was replying to? because if not that may be why you didn't see my point, it was in context.

    Also when you break it up as you did that may be another reason why you didn't understand, at first I said "Oda isn't a genius" then said "Oda is a great story teller" - I was saying that in response to the comment..

    Quote Originally Posted by The Spaz View Post
    He's Alive. Either that or you doubt the mindboggling genius of Oda.
    I did not mean the flashback arc told as anything specific about his story telling skills, only that it was a story in One Piece and that's it, there is no proof it was anything other then a story from Luffy's past that helped him get over Ace's death, there's no evidence that Sabo will play a role in the future of OP.
    Click to see what RPG personality you are.
    (It's funny because I ALWAYS use a bow if its available in a game lol)

  8. #58
    Legendary Member halaros536's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    greece
    Posts
    4,536
    Quote Originally Posted by Airicks View Post
    @hal I never said writing manga for a living was considered stupid, but you don't need to have the intelligence of Neil DeGrasse Tyson or Carl Sagan in order to make a successful manga.
    That is not what you said.You did not say that writting OP doesnt make him a genius,you said that he isnt a genius because he writes the manga.

    Quote Originally Posted by Airicks View Post
    OK, I'm going to say something that is taboo on a One Piece forum..

    ODA IS A HUMAN.. He is NOT a 'genius', if he were why the hell would he write manga for a living?
    You're clearly mentioning like its something which excludes him from being a genius.

    And just like you can consider a great painter,book writter or another artist a genius,you can consider a mangaka as such,as long as his work is a brilliant one.


    Did you read "The Spaz"s comments that I was replying to? because if not that may be why you didn't see my point, it was in context.
    I disagree with Spaz as well.



    I did not mean the flashback arc told as anything specific about his story telling skills, only that it was a story in One Piece and that's it, there is no proof it was anything other then a story from Luffy's past that helped him get over Ace's death, there's no evidence that Sabo will play a role in the future of OP.
    I didnt read the second part of your post carefilly so ignore my comment on it.

  9. #59
    Senior Member Airicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    792
    Quote Originally Posted by halaros536 View Post
    That is not what you said.You did not say that writting OP doesnt make him a genius,you said that he isnt a genius because he writes the manga.

    You're clearly mentioning like its something which excludes him from being a genius..
    Well, when you put it like that I understand how my comment was misinterpreted; I did not mean that being a Mangaka inherently makes him (or anyone) incapable of being a genius, I also was not considering 'genius' in the sense that doesn't pertain to book smarts (I was thinking of the 10year old in college type only), as you said a great painter can be considered a genius even though he isn't particularly book smart, when it comes to what he does (in this case being a painter) he is a genius above most others.

    I guess in that sense Oda could rightfully be called a genius in the mangaka world, still people can't use that alone as a argument on things he may or may not do (like bringing Sabo back because he wouldn't introduce a character only to have them serve in 1 important arc).
    Click to see what RPG personality you are.
    (It's funny because I ALWAYS use a bow if its available in a game lol)

  10. #60
    Mindf*cked
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    168
    What I'm saying is that Sabo is a loose end right now. He's not confirmed dead, nor has he appeared in any way(except on Ussop's island home). Oda doesn't leave loose ends. Every facet of the story is ruthlessly finished to perfection. Sabo has no bearing on the storyline currently. If Oda had skipped that flashback arc, nothing would have changed. Which is why I'm saying chances are that Sabo's alive or he will otherwise appear in the storyline somewhere.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •