Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

One Piece One Piece 473 Discussion

The raw is out and english scans won't last too much, so let's discuss about the new chapter.

Some panels showing most of the strawhats were really great (like the faces they show when Oz is down) and Kuma is taller than I imaginated. Luffy almost had beat Moria, but was that a mere shadow of the real Moria? This is getting really interesting

Barthomew....does he have devil fruit powers?

And he mentions Ace....does he know something? ARGH!!!! Need to read next chapter!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hair View Post
    Barthomew....does he have devil fruit powers?

And he mentions Ace....does he know something? ARGH!!!! Need to read next chapter!!!!!!!!
    Maybe Kuma asked about Ace because... Ace was killed by BB? That makes sense. But I suppose that wouldn't be the only reason Kuma went to Thriller Bark, cuz he also wants to see Moria.

Hilarious chapter. I mean the panel them having evil thoughts kept me laughing for a good 5 minutes. Oda really has the best sense of humor out of all the mangakas.

I'm still waiting on the meaning of Kuma being the one that gave Moira the shadows. Might be a mistranslation on my download but it might mean he gave Moira his devil fruit powers aka the devil fruit itself lol not the powers of a devil fruit. ;p

I think this also was said to emphasize that bounties are not the way the shibibukai should be measured. Meaning just cause Croc was a bit over 80 he was the weakest and just cause Moira is higher than Kuma he is stronger. Same goes for theory that Luffy is stronger than Kuma just cause he exceeded his former bounty.
    The best thing about the chapter was the fact that Ace was mentioned. So this might mean we will find out something about his current whereabout or what happened to him after the fight with Teach.
    Last edited by luimac; 10-06-2007 at 02:26 AM.

I dont think ace is dead. BB probably turned him in in return for shichibukai status.
    that doesn't explain why kuma is here to talk to luffy though...

-_-'
    Kuma has nice warping abilities :/

perona has been teleported to her castle dream somewhere i guess.

I dont think Ace is dead, he's Luffy's bro after all, and this character is yet to be exploited

Well, about Ace being exploited as a character... look at Kamina of Gurren-Lagann Ace can keep appearing with important and revealing flashbacks, and dying would be a surprise for all One Piece fans (what Oda does, normally).

It's just Oda can't show up both Blackbeard and Ace still alive, one must have died.

I say he's dead, But, yeah it would be a turn for Oda's writing. He doesn't really kill off current characters. You really only see people die when characters have flashbacks. I had this discussion with a friend and she brought up this point. So, my answer is he's alive, but being held captive.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyan_Yugi View Post
    I say he's dead, But, yeah it would be a turn for Oda's writing. He doesn't really kill off current characters. You really only see people die when characters have flashbacks. I had this discussion with a friend and she brought up this point. So, my answer is he's alive, but being held captive.
    Yeah.. I hate that abt this show.. no one gets killed.. same with bleach.. NOBODY EVER DIES!! No matter how badly they get beaten.. they just never die..