Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    The Emperor of Everything dct21's Avatar
    Believe me, the feeling is mutual all around
    bullcrap that feeling just belongs to you two guys sa far the FI island arc hasn't been super awesome but everything is just noe getting restarted, so stay patient, pay attention, and dont skim threw it.

Also, the Art seems to be a little inconsistent to me as of late.
    seriously, Oda is the most detailed artist in jump history, theres no other artist who would draw something like this http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/612/12

Fishman Island is just a garbage arc so far
    Im findind it extremly hilarouis so far, especially zoro, sanjis noseblooding was a bit redundent though

Forgot to mention, it also seems that Oda has started recycling some plot devices
    Are you sure your'e not thinking of bleach and tite kubo

just seems like a bad way to start off the 2nd half of this manga to me.
    More like super awesome way to start of the 2nd half

Calcifer you should probably read this short post I wrote about Fishman Island might get you interested more on what you might be missing.

http://www.mangashare.com/forums/thr...l=1#post803331

I'll just paste it so mofo's don't think I'm trolling them.
    Spoiler!

But I will admit I too just wanted this arc over with as well (mainly because I want to see the New World though), the art for some of the characters just isn't interesting like his earlier arcs. Neptune and his 3 sons especially, I can understand the Coribo bros and those other fodder pirates being crappily drawn though. About the recycle princesses that's some what a given if your viewing the overall picture. He's set out to become the Pirate King, he isn't just going to do by just defeating strong foes or finding One Piece, he's going to top Roger and earn it with the world backing him up. I don't know why the princess is even seemingly annoying you since she's been mentioned all the way back in thriller bark she's probably the most predictable character from this arc.

This is why I think you find it highly predictable this arc and boring, because it's starting out with many things that happen in past arcs. The difference is that all of it is set in motion a lot faster than all the other arcs. It's definitely more to this arc than meets that eye, this Island was mentioned 10 years back right at the end of the Baratia arc. You really think Oda planned a recycled plot for this? For some reason I think in 2 days you'll get your answer.

In short this arc is a kick off to the New World, we already know which will include finally explained Haki powers, The Land of Wano, Elbaf home of the prideful giant warriors, Islands that can suck your ship in a instant, islands that rain thunder regularly, Island you can walk mid air. It's a world that makes the first half of the grandline look like Paradise. Paradise a place they nearly killed the main protagonists along with his crew many times. Involved the Shichibukai's.

Oh yeah the break like was out of no where no explanation nothing WTF up with that.

Or you could just be on withdrawal from the War arc that lasted nearly 2 years.
    Last edited by FenixMarco; 03-09-2011 at 01:30 AM.

Those are really some interesting theories, and I hope we do get to see them play out, and I'm sure most of us will. I've been reading this shit for almost a decade, a bad arc won't stop me, but this arc, currently, seems like an underpreformance on Oda's part.

To me, the Whitebeard War Arc set off the journey to the New World. Honestly, I think the logical progression is Big Mama is the one taking control of Fishman Island secretly and Luffy has to deal with her. I think we need arcs with the strongest villains in the world at this point.

That being said, the underlying interest in this arc was almost entirely inspired by older writing, for me. I just think this arc so far has been way below par, and I surely hope Oda is slow rolling something big.
    Dickriding. Because I appreciate it!
    Spoiler!

"Truth"
    Spoiler!

Of course those theories won't be on point just general gist of what I think he's doing with this arc. I don't see it being Big Mum because well they aren't in the New World just seems way to soon to be putting him up against a Yonkou. If you give Luffy a Yonkou now to beat there won't be much room for progression for the rest of journey in my opinion.

This isn't even the worse starting arc for me to be honest, for me it was the Davy back fight(although it became real good as it progressed even if it was all a gag arc). But unlike davy Back fight, Fishman Island has many subplots that can help us put more pieces of the puzzle together. Especially the Poneglyph if Oda has Robin reveal the message that is.

Yeah in short it seems lack luster because having some predictable situations happen, "the kingdom in turmoil, Luffy saves the Kingdom everyones happy!" Like Skypeia and Alabasta and Water 7 whether Luffy does it directly or indirectly as the reader it's not as interesting. Like you mentioned with the recycled plots. Give it a chapter or 2 I think you'll see Oda mindf*cking you again.

Worse case scenario though all the time skip haters were right and a time skip would ruin One Piece and Oda lost his touch! *shoots self*

Oh that's badass you been reading it for a decade.

Edit: Did some AP Forum skimming to check why there was a break not solid though. No shonen Jump link.

Anyway, we usually aren't told why authors go on break. Vacation, sick, "he just couldn't manage all of the pages in time" (< this one is unlikely, considering Oda stays multiple chapters ahead), the reason that most authors post is "to gather data/material". Though I heard about a manga-ka that actually went to london to get the layout of the city correct, and had to take a break for that, lol.

The usual answer is the author does research.

This makes sense if he got his tongue tied with all the theorizing I did, trying to make sure not to reveal to much is probably the reason though. This is a author that likes to draw his readers to certain things on his manga keep that in mind reading One Piece you might catch some things not many see.

Like this example.

Spoiler!
    Last edited by FenixMarco; 03-09-2011 at 02:00 AM.

Personally i got to say this arc so far is boring but it's 10x better then skipea i really hated that arc
    also i think this is just a warming up like how east blue was for the grand line

The reasons i think so is:
    1. We haven't seen anything of how the world is doing so far
    2. We haven't seen anything from the crew so far (except for some flashy moves but nothing really special except maybe luffy the arnement haki)
    3. The new arc just started don't get upset to soon things cane get good soon when the fighting starts

that's just a little how i think about it but there are more reasons like we are still not even in the New World technically we are just at the half of the grandline so i dont think Oda is doing bad he just needs more time to make the story go
    Plz just ignore the bad english

yes cal its just you and nice seeing you by the way your like never around any more
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I wonder who's fault that is?

Well, I havent read all the posts so idk if its been said, however....

I don't think its a let down.. I think there was just too much hype after the 2yr time skip/power ups/WB war and all that it entailed..
    All Arcs started off like this, the WB War Arc started with Thriller Bark which if you remember was pretty lame at first.. after the met brook it was like 10chapters of nothing before they realized hogback was a bad guy, then after 30chapters of bs luffy started fighting moria.

Of course, as marco said (I think it was him, i just skimmed the posts) coming off of the WB War pretty much any normal arc would be a let down.
    Click to see what RPG personality you are.
    (It's funny because I ALWAYS use a bow if its available in a game lol)

K, I'll agree it's not fair to judge or compare any Arc that comes after the War. But This was after a 2 Year Time Skip, a Month and a week of waiting to see what was going to happen. A month of planning everything out. It's not that I don't expect FI to get better, it's just that from what we've seen so far has been pretty lame. Everyone wants to see our favorite crew do some bad ass shit and what we've been given are chapters full of skipped fights and lame enemies (Opinion)

I just want to see this Arc pick up a bit faster seeing as we've had to wait so long for the crew to get down to FI. There was just so much hype pre time skip for FI that it's just been a huge let down so far and not what was expected.

Sanji almost bleeding out is just plain stupid. Come on, the man's ambition is to reach Full Blue and cook with the finest ingredients in the world yet he would sacrifice his life to see something he can't touch. I understand he was running for dear life for two years with no female interaction what so ever, but there's a fine line between treating one's self and over compensating. Getting blood from an Okama Fishman none-the-less. Funny, but still, it shouldn't have been needed in the first place.

LOL first of all i want to say something about the okama fishmen ting they where human not fishmen atleast it hasent bin confirmed jet that there are okama fishmen i don't want some

As for the arc thing i gotta agree we just came out of one of the best arcs of OP (might say any manga) you just can't compare a normal arc whit a war arc

As for why i haven't bin around because i don't have the time can't sleep because of some major school work atm so i don't have alot of time so i was w8ting till some spoilers came out
    Plz just ignore the bad english