• 3 - average

1 5.26%
  • 2 - weak

0 0%
  • 1 - it's time to cancel it

1 5.26%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Senior Member StrawberryLulzJam's Avatar
    I personally loved this chapter! Not that I considered the others bad, but this one really shows Allen's inner struggles.
    He wants to be an exorcist but how easy can it be for him to be with those who abuse him and lock him up like an animal?? He's a confused kid who's encountered people (Road and Tykki) who actually show some care towards him, so of course he's going to follow them like a lost puppy! (despite the hatred toward him from the other Noah)
    I'm looking forward to the next chapter, which will hopefully show how Komui et.al feel about Allen's escape and the repercussions of his status becoming that of a Noah. Or show Allen's introduction into the Noah world! =D

-------------------
    Other than that, this is my first post ever and I'm proud it is for D.gray-man and for such a cool chapter too XD

True! I really hope that there's a run-in with Lavi soon, I'm kinda sorta worried about him, didn't seem like he was in very good shape last time he appeared!
    As for Kanda, I wish he'd come back but I think the author is waiting for a better time.
    If he comes back now, there would still be too much going on and he won't get the attention he absolutely deserves!!

Now an interesting question to ask : Will there be any development of conflict within the walls of the order? This has always been an almost-there problem what with all the outrageous experiments. And we can't forget now that Link helped Allen and the others escape BY TURNING AGAINST the Apocryphos. Does this make him a traitor in the eyes of the order?
    Where does this Apocryphos fit in, and will the other exorcists be forced to side with it?? It sounded from the way the "Cardinal" spoke that Leverrier isn't aware of its existence. I can't stop re-reading the chapter and wondering where Hoshino is going to go with all this.

Yes lets disown our most loyal soldier who is constantly saving our own hides for no adequately explained reason. GAH I hate the Order.

I say good riddance, the plot will have more room to roam freely with Allen siding with the Noah for now. Tyki and Road are personal favorites of mine, and they're fond of Allen so it all works out. Plus not all is lost, Allen will still have Lavi and Bookman to hang out with. Might finally get some insight into more of Lavi's personal life and why he decided to become the successor to the Bookman legacy.

Tim becomes more useful with each size he goes up. Tyki holding the lovable golem up with the knocked out couple in his mouth was a sight for sore eyes.

Link once again proving his change into a kind human being who cares for others is actually genuine. I feel he's going to get a bum rap for letting Allen go like that.

This next part is pure wishful thinking, but I think the plot would be pretty interesting if the future allowed Allen for some reason to fight against the other exorcists. Perhaps due to a continual influence by the 14th, it's just something I think would take the plot into even deeper despair and drama and as a result make for great storytelling. Remember we're going for horror here. Obviously a long shot, if that.

As long as everything just keeps on flowing forward, then that's already enough.
    Where there's a will there's a way!
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Trilight View Post
    Yes lets disown our most loyal soldier who is constantly saving our own hides for no adequately explained reason. GAH I hate the Order.
    ^Agreed! And you're right that it is almost a good thing he isn't being held up by them anymore. Now he's actually got some time to see things from a different perspective, and hopefully figure out what on earth he wants to do! I think it would be nice if we actually get some insight into his thoughts at the moment. I feel as if for the past few chapters, we've seen Allen but not really had a chance to grasp what he's thinking throughout all this craziness! I'd rather see some clearing up on Allen's side before we move on to Lavi.

Quote Originally Posted by Trilight View Post
    This next part is pure wishful thinking, but I think the plot would be pretty interesting if the future allowed Allen for some reason to fight against the other exorcists. Perhaps due to a continual influence by the 14th, it's just something I think would take the plot into even deeper despair and drama and as a result make for great storytelling. Remember we're going for horror here. Obviously a long shot, if that.
    ^ I'd like to see that too but I think it would be too direct and not in Hoshino's style to do so. Unless it is WELL into the future

I hope that Kanda will join back with Allen since he also got kicked out of the order.

everything that's been happening is no surprise. the black order has slowly been exposed like it's a big corporation with only a handful of people truly holding the power (and not totally benevolent either) while the little guys, namely the exorcists, do all the hard work and risk their lives and actually try to uphold the ideals that the order and the vatican supposedly stand for. but here we go with the slow reversal of things. the noah start to become more humanized and now rhode takes a hit for allen. (i can hear all the allenxrhode 'shippers out there squealing en masse).

however, this is not to say that allen has totally gone over to the noah's side. he is still against the earl but at this point in time, tykki and rhode are breaking him out of jail and there's not much he can do but go with the flow since link just helped them escape. speaking of link, it's neat how i started out hating him but he has evolved into a very likeable and supportable character (great job, hoshino!).

here's my biggest beef, as it has been for the last 40+ chapters. WTF is lenalee doing? NOTHING! i saw her drawn on page 21 and literally screamed, "omfg, lenalee, DO SOMETHING!" at my computer screen. of course, she didn't do anything. she isn't even shown running towards the explosion. so what now...allen's just going to go off with rhode when clearly his relationship with lenalee has been painstakingly set up over a long period of time? it's really pissing me off that hoshino has just thrown that relationship aside after cultivating it with the readers for so long. it feels like hoshino has lost sight of her own characters that way and i am not convinced yet that even she knows where this is going, nevermind the art has become wacky (some say evolved, i say wacky lol). and yet, here i wait another 30 days for lenalee to remain stagnant again. sigh. i thought her being all weepy was the worst but her being absolutely ineffectual and inactive is even worse. what happened to her? people will say that there's not much she could do for allen at this point. i say differently. all hoshino has to do is show two or three panels of lenalee thinking about doing something or at least how she feels and it would have been enough. but no, not even that. just lenalee standing around like any other character. this makes me want to punch someone in the face.

hi christi, that's a great picture/sign off of kanda in your posts. it reminds me a lot of this cosplayer who did a great kanda. i wonder if the picture is what inspired the cosplayer:

http://seras0victoria.deviantart.com/#/d34uu6y

Well, all I can say is: FINALLY!

I've been waiting for this to happen for ages now! And yes, it did. Allen has finally parted ways with the Exorcists. God bless you, Hoshino!
    How could he bear this for so long? Being held captive, tortured, questioned and he still stayed with the Order... It was just about time to leave.
    I admit, I was a bit surprised when Tykki has turned against Apocryphos just to save Allen but hey, we know very little about his intentions. Maybe this is time for Road and Tykki to explain their point of view to Allen who'd been blindfolded by the Order all along. It is clear that there's something nasty going on here. Moreover, the Pope and the Cardinals seem to be behind all the mess that's about to be revealed (sooner than later, imo). So I'm wondering, could it be that the Noahs are the ones we should have supported all along?

I'm almost sure that the answer's yes. We just have to wait for the next chapters to explain what's going on with the Black Order and the Vatican.

Oh and there's one more thing to be mentioned. Allen/Road moments! Finally! I'm so glad that Allen hasn't even tried to push her away, oh no, he even held her in his arms on one of the last pages! Hmhm, curious, isn't it? ;]

Quote Originally Posted by Sinamon View Post

here's my biggest beef, as it has been for the last 40+ chapters. WTF is lenalee doing? NOTHING! i saw her drawn on page 21 and literally screamed, "omfg, lenalee, DO SOMETHING!" at my computer screen. of course, she didn't do anything. she isn't even shown running towards the explosion. so what now...allen's just going to go off with rhode when clearly his relationship with lenalee has been painstakingly set up over a long period of time? it's really pissing me off that hoshino has just thrown that relationship aside after cultivating it with the readers for so long. it feels like hoshino has lost sight of her own characters that way and i am not convinced yet that even she knows where this is going, nevermind the art has become wacky (some say evolved, i say wacky lol). and yet, here i wait another 30 days for lenalee to remain stagnant again. sigh. i thought her being all weepy was the worst but her being absolutely ineffectual and inactive is even worse. what happened to her? people will say that there's not much she could do for allen at this point. i say differently. all hoshino has to do is show two or three panels of lenalee thinking about doing something or at least how she feels and it would have been enough. but no, not even that. just lenalee standing around like any other character. this makes me want to punch someone in the face.
    If you really think about it, it does sound like Hoshino is making stuff up as she goes along.(AllenXRoad forever!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Jesca_Vicious View Post

Oh and there's one more thing to be mentioned. Allen/Road moments! Finally! I'm so glad that Allen hasn't even tried to push her away, oh no, he even held her in his arms on one of the last pages! Hmhm, curious, isn't it? ;]
    called it. lol.

anyway, there's no way a guy like allen would push rhode (or anyone else) away when she took a bullet for him, not literally, of course, but you know what i mean. he prolly feels somewhat indebted and obligated to her now. if you think about it, he has never really tried to push her away whenever she threw herself at him. note the time when he, lenalee and lavi are at the banquet table with rhode and tykki (chapter 110 of manga), she's practically sitting on his lap but he sits there unfazed, glaring at tykki. to me, that signifies his indifference to rhode and indifference, my friends, is worse than hate. at least hate denotes some emotion but indiffernce is the lack of emotion/feelings. even while that is going on, who does allen think about? he thinks about lenalee, telling her to trust him, as he rushes tykki.

so, rhode took a shot for him and fell into his lap again. he's not going to toss her aside; that is not in his character to do so. during the crazy escape, tim is holding both of them in his mouth like guppies, not much allen can do about that either. so, i have yet to be convinced that anything between allen and rhode is being minutely implied. it's still one-sided as usual, all rhode. this isn't to say that i'd blame allen if he went over to the rhode camp as LENALEE HAS DONE ABSOLUTELY JACK-SQUAT FOR HIM THIS WHOLE DAMN TIME. i'm a little upset by this, as you can tell.