• |3| Average

3 10.34%
  • |2| Bad

1 3.45%
  • |1| Terrible

3 10.34%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by artifice View Post
    As feared this war is going way too fast with no significance being put on any of these battles. Every battle in this war so far has been rushed and seemed completely tame. One of my greatest fears of having the old characters resurrected is that they would simply be religated to being fodder for the young characters to show that they have grown and sofar that is exactly how things seem to be playing out. Seeing Ino, Shikamaru, and Chouji again use there oldest techniques to bring down Kinkaku was just plain boring to me, I am getting bored with the Konoha kids showing almost no development in the types of abilities they use, using the same base techniques faster is really not that interesting to watch. Also I never really got the impression in this battle that anyone significant was in danger. In the original Kakuzu fights it actually seemed like the protagonists were in a desperate struggle where they were facing an overwhelming opponent. Now they basically seem to be dismissing Kakuzu as old news, if this is how it is going to be, bringing back Akatsuki is valueless. Also what Shikamaru said in this chapter didn't make much sense. It's true that they know how Kakuzu fights now but he also knows how they fight and since they won largely by surprising him last time that should make this battle much more about individual power since this time around both sides have a better idea of what they are dealing with. I really hope that Kakuzu surprises everyone but I thought the same with Sasori and Deidara.

There were a couple of cool things in this chapter but I am really disappointed with the pacing of the war and the way these battles are going down. It is looking like Kakuzu is not going to last much longer than Sasori and Deidara did, perhaps I am speaking too soon but considering how much has been clumped into each chapter I am seriously doubting that his battle will be given much significance. Kakuzu vs. Darui could be cool but Darui is already low on chakra, so I don't really see this battle lasting long.

I am intrigued by Dan's ghost form technique and I am also curious to see how how Hanzou will fight but based on the last several chapters I am guessing that these battles end with the good guys winning fast with the only losses on the side of good being those of relatively insignificant characters. Hopefully I will be wrong but so far I am not liking the way that this war has played out.
    Uhh...great posting. Ever since these battles started, people have been complaining about the pacing and the fact that the battles don't really seem like battles in a war where the current generation is supposed to be maturing due to the pain and loss of war, but no one has come up with a good definition of what that "feel" should be.

Not until you, good sir: The battle between Team Asuma and Hidan and Kakuzu IS that feeling--every chapter in that fight, from the very moment we found it it was Asuma's team that stumbled on them, was a harrowing experience, and we even saw the characters panic as they became more desperate in the face of overwhelming power. I suspect that if Kishi gave these fights the same feel, much fewer people would be complaining about them.

Just wanted to commend you on an excellent idea.

whats the site that i can find the latest naruto video to download

Lollipop Candy ♥BAD♥ girl daz bonez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    I really doubt Mifune could handle Hanzou. Even the Sannin had a hard time on him. And isn't the banana fan the one Madara is holding?
    Well, when Tsunade, Orochimaru, and Jiraiya took him on that's before they became the 3 Legendary Sanins and before they were Kage level. They were young and comparatively weaker and inexperienced than the last time we saw all of them alive.

I'm excited for the Mifune vs. Hanzou fight. Now that's something I'm really interested in and for the most part that's the only thing I found exciting in this chapter. I don't know if the fight will only be shown in bits and pieces due to the concentration on the Ino-Shikamaru-Chouji vs. Asuma confrontation but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Fisher Tiger is a punk ass bitch.

-----credit to Maximo for the kick ass ava----

Appearance of Darkness Aga bomBa's Avatar
    As feared this war is going way too fast with no significance being put on any of these battles. Every battle in this war so far has been rushed and seemed completely tame. One of my greatest fears of having the old characters resurrected is that they would simply be religated to being fodder for the young characters to show that they have grown and sofar that is exactly how things seem to be playing out.
    It seems like our predictions came out bro.. I had hope, but not anymore.

Seeing Ino, Shikamaru, and Chouji again use there oldest techniques to bring down Kinkaku was just plain boring to me, I am getting bored with the Konoha kids showing almost no development in the types of abilities they use, using the same base techniques faster is really not that interesting to watch. Also I never really got the impression in this battle that anyone significant was in danger. In the original Kakuzu fights it actually seemed like the protagonists were in a desperate struggle where they were facing an overwhelming opponent. Now they basically seem to be dismissing Kakuzu as old news, if this is how it is going to be, bringing back Akatsuki is valueless.
    Exactly!! I had great hopes when Kabuto summoned 2/3 of Akatsuki and thought that the reason why Sasori was taken out so fast, was all based on less control over the ET zombies.. BUT it seems like that isn't the issue. NOW, I'm certain that Kishi let the rookies take care of them for showing their " development " and too be honest; they're all doing the same shit what they did 3 years ago. I excepted some more variable techniques.. some progress.

I really hope that Kakuzu surprises everyone but I thought the same with Sasori and Deidara.
    Indeed.. I thought the same thing, but it seems like that isn't going to happen. I can tell you for certain, that all the rookies are going to take care of Akatsuki without any casualties. The real pain and losses, are going to happen when Madara Uchiha stept into the battle. That's probably the moment when everyting turns upside- down. Situations where Shikaku and the others are going to be clueless and helpeless.. that when they're gonna rely on Naruto's strenght.

- Though I must say that I'm interested in Dan's ghost technique and Hanzou's salamander gas jutsu was badass.

Lee vs. Kimimaru
    Grand Ma vs. Sakura
    Mifune alone vs. Hanzou, don't know about that yet.
    Very possible that Kakashi is going to be the facing Itachi,.. but I'm hoping for Sasuke

Great chapter, don't get me wrong.. but the way it plays out ( ET Zombies, Akatsuki ), Naah. Just bring Madara into the picture and then we'll all see, what a REAL WAR is all about.

@ POW

I agree with you, but that's not the only reason why they have to put Killer Bee and Naruto against the previous Jinchirikuu's. It's true that they understand them far better then the rest, but KB and Naruto are also the only ones capable of defeating them with their RAW POWER. Afterall, 8 and 9 tails are the two strongest Bijuu's.
    ... You're Dead 2 Me Now ...

About the pace of the war and such matters:

I personally don't really mind that things are moving too fast for many reasons.

1) Madara had his own original war plans which did not include Kabuto and the Edo Tensei Zombies. Remember that Kabuto barged in, and Madara as a concession adapted his plans to allow Kabuto to be able to participate.

Things need to be moving/resolving quickly with respect to the ETZ's because Kishimoto has a lot to show us that's waiting in the wings, and he wants to advance the part played by Kabuto reasonably quickly to where it needs it to be. It could be that Kishi wants to bring Orochimaru back, or Force Kabuto to switch sides or something, I don't really know. However, this story is not about Kabuto, so he needs to get past Kabuto's part without too much delay.

2) Since this war will go on beyond Kabuto's contribution, then If lives will be lost too early, what will Kishi do later? Naruto and Sasuke have extensive roles to play, as do Madara, Tsunade, the Konoha Kids. No sense killing off now, players you are going to need later.

Look for conflict to arise between Kabuto and Madara, and for that conflict to trigger changes that will then influence the storysignificantly later. In a sense, the ETZ's are just a cameo part of the war, that is why they need to be concluded quickly allowing more important plots to be revealed.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Paragon of Style MinatoCollectionAT's Avatar
    I'm holding out hope that Kimmimaro doesn't get jobbed. He can feel his connection to Oro being revived by the chakra of the Edo technique, that alone should fuel him to go for broke.

In thinking about it, I'm not entirely sure he'll have access to his cursed forms which gave him an insane boost and put him over the top. Time will tell.
    We talkin' bout Flea Market!-

"Living room, bedroom, dinette, we got it, you need it!"

"Can you defeat such style?"
    http://minato-at.mybrute.com

Kabuto is such a devious fuck. But god damned if he didn't make such ordinarily impossible match ups, possible. I had reasonable faith that Kishi would thow something cool and unexpected to make the fourth ninja world war more than just hundreds of thousands of fodder zetsu getting kerb stomped by all the elite shinobi who stand against Tobidara and akatsuki.

Kakazu was damn cool in this chapter, and the Hanzo V Mifune looks like it'll show just how skillful samurai can be when fighting S-class ninja. I liked how Dan was giving Chouza crib notes on how to stop him and what jutsu he was gonna be forced to use.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by daz bonez View Post
    I acuatally enjoyed this chapter a lot.hoping it`s much longer till sasuke returns.

hanzo and mifune match-ups...samurai vs shinobi first time in naruto.

and dan technique...i hope it`s worth to wait for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirxxx View Post
    --Turns out Dan is more than just flashback fodder--he has a badass shit-your-pants technique, and is about to whip it out
    --Good to see InoShikaChou overcome their emotional misgivings about fighting Asuma before they actually fight him. I hope Kishi finally gives him (Asuma) an opportunity to be badass.

--Love the exchange about Hidan, and the fact that Kakuzu acknowledges their accomplishments
    --That last battle set-up was kinda random, but I'm excited to see what the Samurai are truly capable of, and some insights into how they differ from Shinobi. All we've seen so far are them getting slaughtered by various Sasukes and Sasuke associates.
    Definitely in agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by POW View Post
    - Kakuza jutsu is nasty >.>

- Dans Katou finally a last name and Ghost transformation jutsu???? Interesting...

- Well I theorized an Edo summon could still summon I wonder if his Salamander was killed by Pain too and was just Edo back?

- Hanzou vs Mifune as I predicted cool beans but he wont be able to handle Hanzou alone
    I still say Sakura , Lee and maybe Gai will go to back them up so that Lee can rematch with Kimimaru , Sakura with Chiyo and perhaps Mifune + Gai vs Hanzou.
    Quote Originally Posted by jedijuck View Post
    great chapter!
    cant wait to see how a real samurai fairs in the narutoverse...i hope mifune is awesome
    Was thinking about that too. Figured any animal would've been dead by now, although the frogs seem to live pretty long.
    @ the very least it should be a 1vs1 if they want to be interesting, and do something new.Hope they let Mifune fight alone just @ least until if he's about to die.

Quote Originally Posted by jest1081 View Post
    why is kankurou constantly pawned by poisons? he uses poison as one of his tools. he's been hurt by poison once, hanzous poison should be old news, i mean how long has the jackass been dead?. he should also have some sort of resistance agaisnt poison or more so have some sort of antidote with him. god he sucks.
    Sadly , just true. @ 1st it seemed they were setting him up to be a rival to Naruto while Sasuke rivaled Gaara, but after that fizzled into something different, kankuro just seemed no where near any of the better ninjas.

Quote Originally Posted by daz bonez View Post
    Well, when Tsunade, Orochimaru, and Jiraiya took him on that's before they became the 3 Legendary Sanins and before they were Kage level. They were young and comparatively weaker and inexperienced than the last time we saw all of them alive.

I'm excited for the Mifune vs. Hanzou fight. Now that's something I'm really interested in and for the most part that's the only thing I found exciting in this chapter. I don't know if the fight will only be shown in bits and pieces due to the concentration on the Ino-Shikamaru-Chouji vs. Asuma confrontation but we'll see.
    Was gonna agree with you, but I'm not sure, wasn't there like many attacking shinobi, and Tsunade, orochimaru, and Jiraiya were the only 1's that managed to survive?, and that's the main reason they got the title as Sanin in the 1st place, right? That means they would have had a lot of help just to fight him to a standstill. So I really can't decide either way if the samurai has a real chance at being a threat.

Beer and Music
    Hmm....I noticed that the pages on the Mangashare upload/reader are mixed/messed up.
    Right now I'm reading it on Mangastream because it's not out of order lol

Quote Originally Posted by [JUiCE] View Post
    Hmm....I noticed that the pages on the Mangashare upload/reader are mixed/messed up.
    Right now I'm reading it on Mangastream because it's not out of order lol
    Are you sure its not you? Sober right?!