Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36
  1. #21
    Sshheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee thsv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,284
    Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    is he crazy sure, was he right yes. when your right it does not really matter if your crazy or not. you can not say glen beck did not call this mess cuz he kind of did so we really should have been listening to him dont you think
    cross, this has been coming since the Reegan years. He lowered taxes for higher earners based on the idea that if you let them keep more of their money they'd try to earn more and that would trickle down to lower earners who'd make up the difference in tax revenue. Thanks to defence spending it failed. (Can't blame them back then. They had the Soviet Union to deal with.)

    So it's not like this hadn't happened before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    If Pow wrote the manga it would be accurate as fuck lol. I stand behind Pow(while humping his leg) on this one.
    Troll Tagged by Uzumaki_Tim

  2. #22
    Senior Member cross777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,776
    100% agree but glen warned us about this every week since he came on the scene and has said this has been building up for a long time. but people called him crazy people called him a fear and hate monger and called him wrong. all i am saying was he was not wrong. he was right this whole time.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  3. #23
    Sshheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee thsv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,284
    You do realise the problem isn't whether you can pay off your debts. Bonds were never designed to be ooficially be paid back. It's about paying off the interest. As long as you're good for that the interest rates stay low and people are willing to lend to you. Hence why Ireland are in the brown stuff atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    If Pow wrote the manga it would be accurate as fuck lol. I stand behind Pow(while humping his leg) on this one.
    Troll Tagged by Uzumaki_Tim

  4. #24
    [̲̅ə̲̅٨̲̅٥̲̅٦̲̅] guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    in your hearts
    Posts
    2,658
    Always about doom and gloom with that Beck..but hey, that's how he gets his paycheck. There were two basic outcomes of the economic meltdown, recession or depression. No one wants the latter, Bush even went so far as to make sure the banks were backed in his last few months in office. He wanted to prevent them from failing. The alternative was to let them fail and let America maybe enter an another great depression. When Beck was on HLN (CNN's sister network), he said Bush was a commie for doing that and that America should have let capitalism work it out.

    Cross, are you saying that Glenn Beck was the first guy to say America would be in this economic disaster before the recession happened? He wasn't the first, he agreed with liberal commentators and liberal analysts that Bush's spending was out of control. Remember back when liberals were against the wars? Those wars cost us trillions of dollars. Glenn Beck was saying the same exact thing back when he was on HLN. But now he omits that ''he was against the war'' part on FOX, probably because its not "a proconservative" topic. He only mentions that "he has been saying this all along, and that we would be in a recession." Liberals now can't say that (about going into recession) anymore because they have a liberal president in office. That statement is just my personal theory but feel free to quote me on that. So when it comes down to it, it's basically all politics.

    Hard to believe that America was in a surplus only 15 years ago. Now we are indebted more than 14 trillion and are worried about just paying the interest. That is a legitimate concern, guess that's why a libertarian ticket sounds so good. Crazy, but good.

  5. #25
    Senior Member cross777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,776
    om not saying that he was the first im just saying people said he was wrong and crazy and with this he was right thats all i am saying thats all i meant

    and you guys are right but again my only point was people said he was wrong and he was right that was my only point.
    i mean obama in my opinion was our worse mistake since crystal Pepsi. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #26
    Senior Member FenixMarco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    3,701
    This is priceless.

  7. #27
    Senior Member cross777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,776
    your right this is priceless. a priceless opportunity to learn from our mistakes and get him out of there in 2012 and never vote in him or anyone else with the same mind set as him ever again.
    Last edited by cross777; 02-27-2011 at 03:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  8. #28
    Sshheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee thsv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,284
    Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    your right this is priceless. a priceless opportunity to learn from our mistakes and get him out of there in 2012 and never vote in him or anyone else with the same mind set as him ever again.
    WOW. Let's ignore the Bush years and all the time Bush Snr and Clinton spent spending american jobs overseas. Once again people with an axe to grind have decided it's easier to blame everything on the guy currently in charge, especially if they didn't vote for him, rather than look at meaningful proper solutions. And the sad thing is, if the Republicans won in 2012 the only thing that would happen is they'd cut taxes and reduce the type of spending that would benefit Democratic voters. And so the arguments start all over again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    If Pow wrote the manga it would be accurate as fuck lol. I stand behind Pow(while humping his leg) on this one.
    Troll Tagged by Uzumaki_Tim

  9. #29
    Senior Member cross777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,776
    hey i said all along Ralph Nader should have been voted in but oh well LOL. but really i just do not like Obama i just find him to a a douche im not saying bush and Clinton did nothing wrong but we can not say Obama did much right either. but you never know if some one else won maybe another democrat or republican or an independent instead of him. maybe things would have been better right now. i think think we could have gotten the worst case scenario here that all im saying. of course there is no way of knowing that but still you get my point.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    Hard to believe that America was in a surplus only 15 years ago. Now we are indebted more than 14 trillion and are worried about just paying the interest. That is a legitimate concern, guess that's why a libertarian ticket sounds so good. Crazy, but good.
    America might have had a "surplus" technically, but we've always been in debt to other countries basically since America formed.

    Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    hey i said all along Ralph Nader should have been voted in but oh well LOL. but really i just do not like Obama i just find him to a a douche im not saying bush and Clinton did nothing wrong but we can not say Obama did much right either. but you never know if some one else won maybe another democrat or republican or an independent instead of him. maybe things would have been better right now. i think think we could have gotten the worst case scenario here that all im saying. of course there is no way of knowing that but still you get my point.
    So because you don't like some1, you think they shouldn't be president and feel vindicated in that attitude? lol
    You do realize in depression/ repression situations, you often don't see results to get out from under the depression/ repression situations for years, (not to mention those results can still be slim and not even go well forever), yet you automatically expect results? funny. People do realize that the effects of the depression although lessened still had an impact on the state of affairs of this country till this day, more than 70 years later. This was either going to go bad or worse than bad with the slimmest margin for possibly coming out of it. The only mistake Obama made was becoming president at this time when no matter if things changed drastically for the good, some1 would always be there to complain that he missed this or that. Sincerely doubt things would have changed too much for the better no matter who took over.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •