Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Retired Administrator

Woofcat in the process of returning.

Hello all,

As I'm sure some of you have noticed I have been 'retired' for the last bit. I was finishing up school and starting real life etc. However, now I'm planning on coming back!

There are a couple things I want to change and have already started to implement. If you're a member of our uploader group you should start to see username colors change in the next little bit. I've already changed it manually for a few users. -- Why am I making this change? Well I feel that if you are contributing to ManagShare, you deserve credit and recognition from it. You're being part of the team that helps make this site function.

I'm also going to try to get some volunteers and with them get the reader updated much faster. I want MangaShare to be the place you check for new manga, as well as trying to close any gaps in the back log and keep it up to date.

Most of all I want to start this thread off and ask, what is it that I can do to make MangaShare better for you. I obviously can't do every request in here as sometimes massive code changes to how the site works are hard to pull off. However, let me know what you think would make the site better, and I'll promise to at least read it and see what I can do about them.

Also, soon you'll see some changes to the staff team, I'm sure they'll get their own promotion threads etc, but looking to bring on some people who can dedicate some time to the site and help keep the spam down, and reader up to date etc.

Thanks as always for reading MangaShare.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    PGP Key Here

Translator section, or something...

Retired Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Translator section, or something...
    So a forum area for them to post translations etc?
    PGP Key Here

Here's my two cents, I think the Mangashare Forums could use a little more area's around here so people could come in and Enjoy more

A Sports Section: I mean this is kinda a given, More then half of Mangashare are Sports fans and if Music can get its own Area why not Sports? It should also be called Sports Bar if its taken into consideration

What turns in the world: Now we have a thread in The Watercooler about World news, But is it enough? I think It should have its own place, But thats probably just me.

Translator Section: Yes I agree with Mister Death, I think something like this would be useful in Mangashare, We could use Proofreading and Cleaner Section but I dont think you want to become more like Mangahelpers

Comic Books Section: It be a nice place for people to chat about Comic's on here, Maybe even share some Comics so everyone wont be left behind on certain Issues

Just my two Cents Woofcat lol

Quote Originally Posted by Calcifer View Post
    Got to be Shinhan for me, He dickrides the mods like there's no tomorrow.

ok, first off, who stole the uploader section?

And the manage chapters delete function is broken, it never deletes the chapter pages. Need 3 things fixed if possible.

Soul Eater Chapter 83: I had uploaded MangaCurse Scan at first, but that turned out to be horrible low quality, so I tried replacing it with the MangaStream version. It said it deleted the chapter fine, then when I uploaded the MangaStream one, only the last page changed, rest stayed the MangaCurse version. It didn't overwrite the pages.

Bleach 437: One of the staff at MangaStream had intentionally put a inappropriate message against one of the editors into page 7 (watermark that read "Kara-San: Suck my balls"). Yea, so I was unaware of this when I uploaded the chapter to MangaShare reader, then they tweeted about it afterwards and fixed the page. However it won't let me delete and update. Same prob, older pages don't get cleanly wiped off the database.

Toriko 130: I just uploaded it an hour ago, and pages 3 and 6 weren't showing up properly. Checked the zip file, all pages looked good. Deleted it the first time, reuploaded it to reader, then page 3 showed up but six wouldn't. So tried deleting it again, but wouldn't delete this time.

Yea, fix those 3 probs for me, those pages need to be wiped clean off the database, so I or (whoever) can reupload em. Then you need to fix the delete function of the manage chapters page.

Oh, and I really don't like the color you gave to the uploaders. Can I plz get Dark Navy Blue (close to blackishpurple). ty

Quote Originally Posted by Chris200 View Post

What turns in the world: Now we have a thread in The Watercooler about World news, But is it enough? I think It should have its own place, But thats probably just me.

Just my two Cents Woofcat lol
    Well the watercooler was made to discuss any new or anything people want to originally, but apparently some dumb mod thought it was better to make one thread for news, which I thought(still think) is stupid so I been meaning to close down that thread and let people make individual threads for different news.

Retired Administrator
    Done

So post your news into separate threads. If it gets a ton of traffic we can move it to the primary forum instead of a subform of the Watercooler.

ok, first off, who stole the uploader section?
    Just took a quick glance at the permissions, you should be able to see / post in it. Are you unable to?

And the manage chapters delete function is broken, it never deletes the chapter pages. Need 3 things fixed if possible.
    I'll look into the issue with deleting chapters. I also want to make the reader admin one page and not the fucked up thing it is at the moment.

Various Specific Issues
    Did you confirm the OK showed up for all of Tokio 130? If you don't get that OK and click "Save to Database" first, the image will be dropped. Depending on my turn around time on the deletions / garbage collection fixing. I may just do those examples manually.

Oh, and I really don't like the color you gave to the uploaders. Can I plz get Dark Navy Blue (close to blackishpurple). ty
    Color is up for debate. Have an example of what you want it show up as? Picture // Hex colour code if you have one in mind.
    PGP Key Here

A Sports Section: I mean this is kinda a given, More then half of Mangashare are Sports fans and if Music can get its own Area why not Sports? It should also be called Sports Bar if its taken into consideration
    BUT what about this i mean we need a sports section in my opinion. i mean we all love sports and there needs and hsould be a sub forum for all the sports threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1) Stop the site from crashing. More and more often the pages (forum and otherwise) don't load or deliver an error.

That is all. Do that first. I'd say also, stop messing with the forum layout. Just leave it be at this point.

Thanks for the great site.
    Currently reading: One Piece, Air Gear, History's Strongest Deciple Kenichi, Claymore, Gantz, Psyren, Fairy Tail,
    Change 123, Dragonball, Beelzebub, Deadman Wonderland, Naruto, Bleach, Bakuman.

Retired Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by hakomsg View Post
    1) Stop the site from crashing. More and more often the pages (forum and otherwise) don't load or deliver an error.
    What pages are you getting errors on and what is the error? If you can start a thread in Feedback once you get one. Thanks.
    PGP Key Here