Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Lollipop Candy ♥BAD♥ girl daz bonez's Avatar

Things that Disappoint You in One Piece

Okay,we know Oda is a genius,and i also love One Piece..but nothing is perfect and everything has it`s flaws..so let`s do a little change of pace...what disappoint you in One Piece...

A character you didn't like, a scene or arc that annoyed you, some logical hole you didn't like... even if it was temporary.

What I dislike about One Piece is Pell not dying Enel. For some reason, I never got into him even a bit. I understand him, but...The whole Skypea arc kinda dragged on for me simply because of him. Sorry if I offend anyone with that. He just seemed like a prick with a God complex to me. Not to mention the crazy back drums were very distracting...

what about you guys....

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Fisher Tiger is a punk ass bitch.

-----credit to Maximo for the kick ass ava----

Pell surviving, i mean WTF?

The Emperor of Everything dct21's Avatar
    what i disliked was earlier on in the series luffy and zoro was always at a disadvantage.

vs buggy luffy was caged zoro was stabbed
    vs arlong luffy got stuck in the concrete
    vs enel luffy got a giant ball of gold stuck to his arm
    vs don kreig armour etc

And ussops character i hated him pre-time skip

Lollipop Candy ♥BAD♥ girl daz bonez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dct21 View Post
    what i disliked was earlier on in the series luffy and zoro was always at a disadvantage.

vs buggy luffy was caged zoro was stabbed
    vs arlong luffy got stuck in the concrete

vs enel luffy got a giant ball of gold stuck to his arm
    vs don kreig armour etc

And ussops character i hated him pre-time skip
    yeah,Pretty much the whole East Blue kinda disappointed me
    Every time they would fight a new villain he would claim to be the greatest pirate, but in reality they pretty much all would have failed in the Grand Line. I think Oda just bigged them up too much is all.

Oh, and Crocodile. It's bullshit that none of the Alabastians apparently had anything to say about Luffy freeing the guy who nearly destroyed their country. Way to sweep that one under the rug.

@afro thunda; i think what scarred luffy means is that since the FI arc rolling.the DF underwater bussiness is getting trickier( or annoying for some) especially since dekken come to the picture....

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Fisher Tiger is a punk ass bitch.

-----credit to Maximo for the kick ass ava----

Quote Originally Posted by daz bonez View Post
    @afro thunda; i think what scarred luffy means is that since the FI arc rolling.the DF underwater bussiness is getting trickier( or annoying for some) especially since dekken come to the picture....
    Well, since Dekken is inside a bubble, there's no issues. No contact with the water means he can still use his DF abilities. There's nothing tricky about that unless, again, I'm missing something here.

nami going around punshing ppl when she's 'mad' really annoyed the hell out of me pre-timeskip.

Quote Originally Posted by daz bonez View Post
    What I dislike about One Piece is Pell not dying Enel. For some reason, I never got into him even a bit. I understand him, but...The whole Skypea arc kinda dragged on for me simply because of him. Sorry if I offend anyone with that. He just seemed like a prick with a God complex to me. Not to mention the crazy back drums were very distracting...

what about you guys....
    Always thought that was funny. Saw it as Oda saying Pell got the falcon fruit model: Unkillable lol, but I could definitely see how annoying it could be.

For right now, I'll go with I disliked:

-how Luffy fight with Zolo get got interrupted right when they got serious, and that we haven't seen a canon 2nd fight afterwards.
    - the seemingly trickier and trickier rules regarding DF-users underwater.
    -2 things about the little garden arc, that Oda wasted a potentially very powerful fruit on ( I believe the little girl's codename was Ms. Merriweather, and we haven't seen her used again) and the fact that IMHO they went a little too long to free them from the candle wax (they should have been dead from too much inhalation of wax into their lungs).
    -That Croc saved Ace from the executioners, and then Luffy had his burst of haki to save him(saw it kinda like Croc stealing his thunder).
    - that the war didn't last longer and the personal fights were so short.

Quote Originally Posted by SCarred Luffy Lvl:Z View Post
    Always thought that was funny. Saw it as Oda saying Pell got the falcon fruit model: Unkillable
    I wtfrflmao'd hard!

-2 things about the little garden arc, that Oda wasted a potentially very powerful fruit on ( I believe the little girl's codename was Ms. Merriweather, and we haven't seen her used again) and the fact that IMHO they went a little too long to free them from the candle wax (they should have been dead from too much inhalation of wax into their lungs).
    AGREED! Don't know why this glaring oversight hasn't been brought up more often, but I too am disappointed in how Miss Goldenweek (the chick with the colors devil-fruit power, right Lvl.z) was just glanced over, when her ability is not only quite whimsical (and we all know that Oda gets a hard-on for unicorns that fart rainbows......or dragon breath), but very effective. Imagine how it could be trained to work on wider groups of people. Or darkened to make the color's effect stronger. Or the potential uses of all the colors of the spectrum. So much left untapped :'-(

-That Croc saved Ace from the executioners, and then Luffy had his burst of haki to save him(saw it kinda like Croc stealing his thunder).
    - that the war didn't last longer and the personal fights were so short.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirxxx View Post
    AGREED! Don't know why this glaring oversight hasn't been brought up more often, but I too am disappointed in how Miss Goldenweek (the chick with the colors devil-fruit power, right Lvl.z) was just glanced over, when her ability is not only quite whimsical (and we all know that Oda gets a hard-on for unicorns that fart rainbows......or dragon breath), but very effective. Imagine how it could be trained to work on wider groups of people. Or darkened to make the color's effect stronger. Or the potential uses of all the colors of the spectrum. So much left untapped :'-(
    A little correction, Miss Goldenweek powers didn't came from a DF. Oda said in the SBS that she uses hypnotism instead by using color. Can't remember which part of SBS but I'm pretty sure I've read that.

sig made by me

Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    A little correction, Miss Goldenweek powers didn't came from a DF. Oda said in the SBS that she uses hypnotism instead by using color. Can't remember which part of SBS but I'm pretty sure I've read that.
    Well, you pretty much blew my face off right there. Thanks.

I'm still a bit disappointed in Brooke, because nothing about his fighting style seems to be useful or well-defined. He uses a sword, which has already been covered (FAR more effectively and with FAR better results) by first-mate Zoro. Then he has music, but we've never really seen him do anything of use with it. I think he's put some low-level marines to sleep once or twice, but that's about it. He was pushed further into the grave (no pun intended) with the introduction of Scratchman Apoo. If Oda wanted a musician for Luffy's crew, THAT is the devil fruit that he should've given him, one that seems to have some usefulness in battle.

EDIT: AND ANOTHER THING, and I'm certain this has been said to death, but Akainu should not have survived the war with Whitebeard. And not only because his death would've given the pirates at least some small accomplishment in a clusterf*@k that amounted to a pirate slaughter. The head captain of the invading pirates died, the person they came to save died, and countless New World captains were said to have been slaughtered by the Pacifistas. Yet the marines lost what, a few hundred no name jerk-offs? No ranked officers. No admirals. And knowing the motivations behind both the marines and the Whitebeard pirates, it made that fact all the more depressing.

And Akainu can take an earthquake punch DIRECTLY (not even caught up in the aftermath. The epicenter of the damn earthquake strong enough to crumble the entire Marineford Building was his freakin' torso), cough up some blood, and continue being an a-hole to everyone in attendance? No! Just like Ace's internals were burned away, Akainu's organs should've ruptured and burst so hard that the shrapnel would've left his body completely and killed Sengoku, Aokiji, and Kizaru. There was no excuse for his survival. And mere weeks later, he was shown to be at 100% heatlh, and back to chasing pirates around >:-(
    Last edited by Sirxxx; 02-09-2011 at 03:12 PM.