Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 90
  1. #61
    Senior Member Airicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    788
    I don't know if I'd say I'm 'disappointed' however I will say my least favorite thing about one piece is how tall some people are - of course giants would be tall, and half giants too - but hell there can't be but so many half giants (picture Dorry trying to get it on with Nami ... it just wouldn't work).

    I assume Luffy is about a shorter average human hieght - 5.6-5.8ft , which would have to make Brook close to 9ft - which is retarded imo.

    Also whenever I think about the Giants it leads me to wonder what do they eat? sure there are allot of Sea Kings - but hell if you think about a city of giants - even a small city with about 30k residents, they would pick the oceans clean - not to mention the much larger giants Oars/Wolf/etc.

    All in all it gets under my skin.
    Click to see what RPG personality you are.
    (It's funny because I ALWAYS use a bow if its available in a game lol)

  2. #62
    Senior Member cross777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,776
    Quote Originally Posted by Airicks View Post
    I don't know if I'd say I'm 'disappointed' however I will say my least favorite thing about one piece is how tall some people are - of course giants would be tall, and half giants too - but hell there can't be but so many half giants (picture Dorry trying to get it on with Nami ... it just wouldn't work).

    I assume Luffy is about a shorter average human hieght - 5.6-5.8ft , which would have to make Brook close to 9ft - which is retarded imo.
    well most large sized humans do not have giant blood in them there just tall.

    but i can help you on the exact heights
    alot of them are given in the data books.
    boa is only 6'3¼
    luffy is 5'7½

    and for comparisons
    kuma is 22'6"
    moria is 22'7"
    croc is 8'3"
    mihawk is 6'6
    franky is 7'5½
    and brook is 8'8½"

    and


    so yeah there are really big giants, giants, really big humans, tall humans and humans. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  3. #63
    Regular Member Ultraviolet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    104
    You say Boa is only 6'3"...that's one tall woman man..even though compared to the rest of those heights I suppose its fairly small for the OP universe.

  4. #64
    Senior Member cross777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,776
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultraviolet View Post
    You say Boa is only 6'3"...that's one tall woman man..even though compared to the rest of those heights I suppose its fairly small for the OP universe.
    oda does. here in the SBS. and here it is since i did not post it b4.
    D: I have a question for Odacchi! If you look at the Shichibukai on page 172-173 of volume 56, it seems they are all very tall. So please tell me how tall all of the Shichibukai are!
    P.N. Keita

    O: I get it. Age and height, right? I'm including Crocodile, so here are the 8 of them, in height order.

    Moriah: 48 years, 692 cm
    Kuma: 45 years, 689 cm
    Teach: 38 years, 344 cm
    Doflamingo: 39 years, 305 cm
    Jinbe: 44 years, 301 cm
    Crocodile: 44 years, 253 cm
    Mihawk: 41 years, 198 cm
    Hancock: 29 years, 191 cm
    191CM is 6'3 and some change. i did not see it as that off but i can see how some one can. but i would say that in the OP universe those heights are probably in the minority. and heights like boas mihawks and crocs are more common.
    i would say any one over 10 feet who are not giants are in the minority over all.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  5. #65
    Senior Member Airicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    788
    10ft is extremely tall, and sure maybe there aren't too many over 10ft who are named characters, but over the series there are many regulars who are near or over the 10ft mark.

    Also it seemed like Mihawk/Croc were about the same hieght - maybe I'm remembering wrong.

    (regulars referring to characters without names or only mentioned briefly)
    Click to see what RPG personality you are.
    (It's funny because I ALWAYS use a bow if its available in a game lol)

  6. #66
    Regular Member Ultraviolet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    oda does. here in the SBS. and here it is since i did not post it b4.


    191CM is 6'3 and some change. i did not see it as that off but i can see how some one can. but i would say that in the OP universe those heights are probably in the minority. and heights like boas mihawks and crocs are more common.
    i would say any one over 10 feet who are not giants are in the minority over all.
    I realize that he gave those heights.....

  7. #67
    Senior Member cross777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,776
    Quote Originally Posted by Airicks View Post
    10ft is extremely tall, and sure maybe there aren't too many over 10ft who are named characters, but over the series there are many regulars who are near or over the 10ft mark.

    Also it seemed like Mihawk/Croc were about the same hieght - maybe I'm remembering wrong.

    (regulars referring to characters without names or only mentioned briefly)
    yeah mihawk is one off the more normal sized characters, he is actually the same hight as kobe LOL.
    well i mean we have seen a ton more "normal" sized characters that we have seen that the abnormally large people like kuma WB and moria. you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  8. #68
    The Heropon! Sirxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Hammerspace
    Posts
    852
    How tall was Whitebeard for that matter? He towered over Luffy and most of the normal-sized marines. Most importantly, how tall was Roger? In the one cover that they have together, he was about a couple feet shorter.

    The only reason the height thing bothers me is because Luffy almost always winds up shorter than his opponents (except Lucci, of course). I swear, he's going to become the smallest pirate king in history.

    And what's really wierd is I guess that everyone in the OP universe is used to it, because unless an opponent is in a different size-class (human vs. giant, giant vs. mega-giant, mega-giant vs. whatever the hell San Juan Wolf is, etc.), no one ever bats an eye. When Magellan dropped down in front of Luffy, his first response should have been "Holy Shit He's like 15-feet tall". But it wasn't. Ridiculously tall people never comment on the "shrimps" they're about to fight, and average-size people never mention the absurd genetic abominations they are about to engage.

  9. #69
    Senior Member cross777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,776
    yeah i mean i think thats one of the good things about one piece. i mean there is not a big fuss made about it and its almost like an inside joke. but yeah i mean thats the best part you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  10. #70
    Full Member gaza-pirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Unknown Island in the New World
    Posts
    252
    the varying heights of characters is what makes one piece so unique i wouldn't want freakishly tall characters any other way :-)
    DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I MADE!!!
    doflamingo
    THE DREAMS OF MEN... NEVER END! AM I RIGHT?

    Quote Originally Posted by halaros536 View Post
    You seem to believe, that OP is some shit like Bleach and that the main guy will just pull something out of his ass and beat the enemy no matter who he is.And you're damn wrong in viewing it that way.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •