Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Lollipop Candy ♥BAD♥ girl daz bonez's Avatar
    umm some of his body got out of the bubble and his legs is outside the bubble....and he looks has no problem of that whatsoever..unlike luffy...

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Fisher Tiger is a punk ass bitch.

-----credit to Maximo for the kick ass ava----

^ See that certain bubbly shine on his pants?

Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    A little correction, Miss Goldenweek powers didn't came from a DF. Oda said in the SBS that she uses hypnotism instead by using color. Can't remember which part of SBS but I'm pretty sure I've read that.
    Well, you pretty much blew my face off right there. Thanks.

I'm still a bit disappointed in Brooke, because nothing about his fighting style seems to be useful or well-defined. He uses a sword, which has already been covered (FAR more effectively and with FAR better results) by first-mate Zoro. Then he has music, but we've never really seen him do anything of use with it. I think he's put some low-level marines to sleep once or twice, but that's about it. He was pushed further into the grave (no pun intended) with the introduction of Scratchman Apoo. If Oda wanted a musician for Luffy's crew, THAT is the devil fruit that he should've given him, one that seems to have some usefulness in battle.

EDIT: AND ANOTHER THING, and I'm certain this has been said to death, but Akainu should not have survived the war with Whitebeard. And not only because his death would've given the pirates at least some small accomplishment in a clusterf*@k that amounted to a pirate slaughter. The head captain of the invading pirates died, the person they came to save died, and countless New World captains were said to have been slaughtered by the Pacifistas. Yet the marines lost what, a few hundred no name jerk-offs? No ranked officers. No admirals. And knowing the motivations behind both the marines and the Whitebeard pirates, it made that fact all the more depressing.

And Akainu can take an earthquake punch DIRECTLY (not even caught up in the aftermath. The epicenter of the damn earthquake strong enough to crumble the entire Marineford Building was his freakin' torso), cough up some blood, and continue being an a-hole to everyone in attendance? No! Just like Ace's internals were burned away, Akainu's organs should've ruptured and burst so hard that the shrapnel would've left his body completely and killed Sengoku, Aokiji, and Kizaru. There was no excuse for his survival. And mere weeks later, he was shown to be at 100% heatlh, and back to chasing pirates around >:-(
    Last edited by Sirxxx; 02-09-2011 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzumaki_Tim View Post
    lol I beat ya to that one.

On topic: the way BB fights is disappointing
    step one: brag about df
    step two: take a big hit right in the kisser
    step three: suck their powers for a punch back
    step four: ????????
    step five: miraculous win
    so freaking true! >__>

i mean he sure is strong but like one punch and they is nearly done for it? wuuuut

Quote Originally Posted by Sirxxx View Post
    And Akainu can take an earthquake punch DIRECTLY (not even caught up in the aftermath. The epicenter of the damn earthquake strong enough to crumble the entire Marineford Building was his freakin' torso), cough up some blood, and continue being an a-hole to everyone in attendance? No! Just like Ace's internals were burned away, Akainu's organs should've ruptured and burst so hard that the shrapnel would've left his body completely and killed Sengoku, Aokiji, and Kizaru. There was no excuse for his survival. And mere weeks later, he was shown to be at 100% heatlh, and back to chasing pirates around >:-(

laughed so damn hard!! ;D
    Last edited by Miineur; 02-09-2011 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by daz bonez View Post
    Oh, and Crocodile. It's bullshit that none of the Alabastians apparently had anything to say about Luffy freeing the guy who nearly destroyed their country. Way to sweep that one under the rug.
    Yeah, it would be fine for Vivi who knows Luffy but the rest of the country..
    Well it would have been interesting to see their reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by daz bonez View Post
    @afro thunda; i think what scarred luffy means is that since the FI arc rolling.the DF underwater bussiness is getting trickier( or annoying for some) especially since dekken come to the picture....
    Yeah was talking about this, Luffy's attack in the water earlier and looking to the future, for a place called FI, I doubt Oda would not have fights within water and possibly after when they try to get back to the surface. @ that time I believe Oda will give Luffy a way to fight, and not be completely useless, which means there will probably be some tricky rules in order for him to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirxxx View Post
    EDIT: AND ANOTHER THING, and I'm certain this has been said to death, but Akainu should not have survived the war with Whitebeard. And not only because his death would've given the pirates at least some small accomplishment in a clusterf*@k that amounted to a pirate slaughter. The head captain of the invading pirates died, the person they came to save died, and countless New World captains were said to have been slaughtered by the Pacifistas. Yet the marines lost what, a few hundred no name jerk-offs? No ranked officers. No admirals. And knowing the motivations behind both the marines and the Whitebeard pirates, it made that fact all the more depressing.

Agreed. But not in the sarcastic way you agreed with me. I actually agree especially for the reasons stated in the 2nd paragraph.
    Even though story-wise he was probably left alive and undamaged so BB or Luffy can eventually take him down with no excuses for his losing. And we do not know if he has some aftereffects he's not showing yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Afro Thunda View Post
    Anyway, my one disappointment about One Piece is how Luffy beat Lucci. Luffy's win was 100% endorsed by the good folks over at Plot Armor Enterprises. I'll never, ever accept that as a legitimate win. Oh and Pell... WTF! That is all.
    I see Crocodile more Plot than Lucci. At least by the time Luffy reach Lucci he had a lot more experience. Than again I understand what you mean. Since Lucci beat Luffy with a single finger at water 7, 2-3 hours later Luffy defeated Lucci a agent who's been killing/training for the past 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrary View Post
    ^ See that certain bubbly shine on his pants?
    Alright so his pants are bubblefied, his right hand clearly isn't. Than again I think that little scene was meant for something else and not to trick us....

There is a trickier behind the DF powers Oda been slacking with, probably all plot plot fruit like most of One Piece is. So far we been shown DF users in the water can't do anything but their powers still work? Than when you slap seastone on DF users their powers are completely cut off but they can move around? The manga said seastone gives off the same aura of the sea, but in the sea it has a different effect? Guess it makes sense when you look at the idea of being a hammer in the water.

One Piece

Quote Originally Posted by Afro Thunda View Post
    Anyway, my one disappointment about One Piece is how Luffy beat Lucci. Luffy's win was 100% endorsed by the good folks over at Plot Armor Enterprises. I'll never, ever accept that as a legitimate win. Oh and Pell... WTF! That is all.
    I always thought of Luffy as for most of that fight, (especially when he used jet gatling gun as being @ about 85%) and Luffy thus saving energy for the end of the fight to run with the crew. Didn't see it as Luffy's emotions for Robin helping him to win, but instead after that last couple of dominating (almost fatal)blows from Lucci, Luffy realized he had to literally give and put into it more energy holding nothing back and still giving more, which is why there was a difference in the speeds and power of his jet gatling then and before then.

-Disappointed that Kuina (was that her name?) died in the hands of the dreadful stairs. Forgetting to breath while sleeping is much more believable.

-That Oda had to make such a loser character named Gin.

-Pell should have died period.

-Lucci should have beaten the hell out of Luffy. Blame it all to the plot plot nomi.

-That Luffy has always faced the strongest opponent (though completely understandable). Hey Oda, give some to Zoro too!! He can kick ass too!!

About the war, I'm actually satisfied about it. Not the best arc but we all know Oda had to held back on this one. I mean Those in the war are the top-tiers in OP already. It would be boring if we see them again in the future and they'll bring nothing new.

sig made by me

Quote Originally Posted by FenixMarco View Post
    I see Crocodile more Plot than Lucci. At least by the time Luffy reach Lucci he had a lot more experience. Than again I understand what you mean. Since Lucci beat Luffy with a single finger at water 7, 2-3 hours later Luffy defeated Lucci a agent who's been killing/training for the past 20 years.
    That isn't what I was talking about. My issue is with the final battle and the final battle alone. Luffy shouldn't have won that, period.

Alright so his pants are bubblefied, his right hand clearly isn't. Than again I think that little scene was meant for something else and not to trick us....
    I actually thought that was the reason for him putting on the glove. So his hand wouldn't be directly touching the water.

There is a trickier behind the DF powers Oda been slacking with, probably all plot plot fruit like most of One Piece is. So far we been shown DF users in the water can't do anything but their powers still work? Than when you slap seastone on DF users their powers are completely cut off but they can move around? The manga said seastone gives off the same aura of the sea, but in the sea it has a different effect? Guess it makes sense when you look at the idea of being a hammer in the water.
    I think it was stated that seastone cuffs were made with just enough seastone to take away a DF user's abilities but still leave them with enough energy to walk. I think that was mentioned in the CP9 arc actually. But Oda has a loophole because he can just say "Seastone =/= The Sea" and we would just have to accept that.

Quote Originally Posted by SCarred Luffy Lvl:Z View Post
    I always thought of Luffy as for most of that fight, (especially when he used jet gatling gun as being @ about 85%) and Luffy thus saving energy for the end of the fight to run with the crew. Didn't see it as Luffy's emotions for Robin helping him to win, but instead after that last couple of dominating (almost fatal)blows from Lucci, Luffy realized he had to literally give and put into it more energy holding nothing back and still giving more, which is why there was a difference in the speeds and power of his jet gatling then and before then.
    I don't believe any of that at all. Luffy used Gear 2nd and 3rd while fighting Lucci. The former of which he used 3 times (I think). That's not conserving energy at all. That's fighting with everything he's got, and he knew he had to that from the start. So I don't even know how you (or anyone) could have looked at that fight and thought Luffy was holding back at any point in time. Also, Luffy only used Jet Gatling once during that whole fight which was at the very end during the peak of the Plot Armor session. The others were normal.

Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    -Disappointed that Kuina (was that her name?) died in the hands of the dreadful stairs. Forgetting to breath while sleeping is much more believable.
    Forgetting to breathe in your sleep is more believable than falling down the stairs? Really? I hope you were being sarcastic about that. If you weren't, well, I'm interpreting it as sarcasm anyway.

There is a trickier behind the DF powers Oda been slacking with, probably all plot plot fruit like most of One Piece is. So far we been shown DF users in the water can't do anything but their powers still work?
    Agreed, we all remember that during luffy was fighting Arlong, he felt down into the see and his ligs were stuck and they tried to rescue him and they surfaced his head
    by stretching his neck. So basically, DF users in the water can't do anything but their powers still work.