Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    yea i know what you mean and here is the new captain America poster.

I like the movie and the casting choice but I think if that's the final costume he has, it looks to "manufactured muscles" and it could hurt the movie. Lovin that shield though. They did it major justice.
    What new Wolverine movie was announced? To come out around when? Not talking about the Magneto origins they were planning, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaiden View Post
    They already messed with the superman reboot, they cast a british dude to play the lead (i.e. Clark Kent/Superman). Even though I like british actors/actresses, bad move on whoever did casting because he really doesn't look he fits the role.

I am both a Marvel and DC fan. But when it comes to movies, Marvel gets my vote (Do agree with Arbitrary, the Dark Knight is the best DC movie yet).
    Agreed on all counts. Think if you're trying to save money, then choose 1( I realize how much I wind up spending on titles from all), but otherwise they both have their definite merits.
    Last edited by SCarred Luffy Lvl:Z; 02-06-2011 at 12:16 AM.

well the thing is they could have done a better job casting in fact they could have gotten some one much more buff for the job
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by SCarred Luffy Lvl:Z View Post
    I like the movie and the casting choice but I think if that's the final costume he has, it looks to "manufactured muscles" and it could hurt the movie. Lovin that shield though. They did it major justice.
    What new Wolverine movie was announced? To come out around when? Not talking about the Magneto origins they were planning, right?

Actually those aren't manufactured muscles, that's all Chris Evans (that sound gay I know). He prepared a long time to get buff like that.

Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

but he could be a lot more buff and they could have had some one better just like they could have done with thor. im not saying there bad im just saying they could have done better,
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Naruto

Actually those aren't manufactured muscles, that's all Chris Evans (that sound gay I know). He prepared a long time to get buff like that.
    I meant the lines on the suit seem really designed to show no matter if he actually has the muscles or not. I saw the scenes, and know he's been working out, but when all the muscle positions are defined like that, especially for CA, it reminds of the nipple incident from Batman Forever. It usually doesn't end well.

but he could be a lot more buff and they could have had some one better just like they could have done with thor. im not saying there bad im just saying they could have done better,
    Actually I think it's better he's not more buff. CA has a strong build but very athletic and flexible so his build should be something like Spider-Man's, so they did good. Don't know about Thor but I saw the previews and @ least the plot looks great.

im not saying there bad
    and no captain America is much more built that spider man. im not saying they did bad i think they will both do great im just saying they could have done better on both. i still think HHH would have made a better thor. and i think they could have gone back to the WWE for captain America and could have given john cena a look for that role. but i think he will do fine i just can not get him as the human torch out of my head.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^He's really not that much more fit than S-M. If you read comics than you can see, in civilian clothes, they are basically the same, except a little weight, and height, which healthily should come with height anyway. Even if you disagree, you cannot say his body is not like Batman's. They are in most respects they're own counterparts in the DC/Marvel universes. To fight all types of powers and body types, strength levels, and to master many types and styles of martial arts they have to be extremely fast and agile . They are both pretty much have the maximum peak condition a human body can achieve(albeit 1 by artificial means). To maintain that peak in all areas they would have muscles, and they would be pretty solid and heavy yet they wouldn't be overtly muscular, or bulky since that would take from other things like speed and agility. In most regards they would be able to wear everyday clothes without looking out of place, overly restricted, or being identified as above normal.

And I get what you mean by "the Human Torch" playing Captain America. It is annoying and it will need to resonate during the whole time in my mind that this is CA not the Human Torch. But out of all the candidates, if you include age being a factor against getting a role, Chris Evans was probably the best A-lister choice. It will get even more annoying when I eventually see Ryan Reynolds in Green Lantern. Although he suited him to a T and he was who I thought for the last decade should play the role (Deadpool) somewhere in my mind I remebered his character from the Blade 3 movie. Now I'll have 3 movie roles to confuse him with.
    Last edited by SCarred Luffy Lvl:Z; 02-05-2011 at 06:12 AM.

i completely disagree i guess because even you said they were different in high and weight and just look different marvel has spider man listed at 5'10 167 and captain America at 6'2 240 so yeah there is a noticeable difference. and i do not think age was a big factor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

yeah got to agree with that there movies are just so much better but i guess green lantern might change that and if they do not mess up the super man reboot who knows they might catch up
    I hope they make improvements digitally. I am a huge Green Lantern fan. I'm pretty happy to know that the Superman reboot is produced by Christopher Nolan (Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, Inception) and will be directed by Zack Snyder (300, Watchmen)!

They already messed with the superman reboot, they cast a british dude to play the lead (i.e. Clark Kent/Superman). Even though I like british actors/actresses, bad move on whoever did casting because he really doesn't look he fits the role.

I am both a Marvel and DC fan. But when it comes to movies, Marvel gets my vote (Do agree with Arbitrary, the Dark Knight is the best DC movie yet).
    AFAIK, they are rounding up for a female lead in the new Superman movie. They haven't told anything yet about what she will be playing. I just love how Nolan keeps things super low profile.

Oh yeah, here's the new Superman.

yea i know what you mean and here is the new captain America poster.

Excited to see Tony Stark's dad! :3
    Last edited by Arbitrary; 02-05-2011 at 09:00 AM.

I wonder how Chris Nolan and Zack Snyder do Superman. They're known for their work on predominantly dark graphic novels, and Superman is basically the anti-thesis to that, the cheesy overpowered superhero as opposed to Batman's underdog anti-hero qualities.