Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Moderators?

Hybrid View

Moderators?

i talk a lot...like...a lot...freaking, way too much, i have way too much free time...is it possible to make a moderator sign up thread? i want to be a moderator to justify the number of posts i'm making... -__-

Mods / Admins will be chosen when the community is more established and there's a level of trust. Right now those with power are limited to myself and the #blood-scanlations staff.

I'm just a little old fashioned and very hands-on / picky with who has moderation power on my sites.

Quote Originally Posted by blud View Post
    Mods / Admins will be chosen when the community is more established and there's a level of trust. Right now those with power are limited to myself and the #blood-scanlations staff.

I'm just a little old fashioned and very hands-on / picky with who has moderation power on my sites.
    That sounds fine. I would do the same, and I'll respect your wishes if you would have a hard time entrusting someone with those kind of responsibilities. I feel the same way about letting people do things for me.

Here's hoping this forum becomes as popular as I hope it will.

The decision should be made by the current staff.

Ive always been against sign up threads and believe if they want someone to be a mod they can offer the person a chance.

They will start hiring moderators once they feel a need for it. They already have around 4 forum leaders, and 1 moderator that I know of, so with the size of the forums as they are, I don't think they will be looking for staff as of now. Once they are hiring, it probably won't be a sign up thread. I'm guessing they will just send out notices to the people that they think can handle the authority of monitoring an entire forum, asking if they would like to be a moderator or not.

Right now, though, they really don't need to hire you or anyone else as a moderator, they already have more than enough people, to handle the couple hundred members the forum has right now.

edit:bah, blud posted before me.

Quote Originally Posted by ninjastik View Post
    is it possible to make a moderator sign up thread? i want to be a moderator to justify the number of posts i'm making... -__-

Uhh, 28 posts? Maybe talk a little more, calm down a little, take a breather, and the staff will choose who can carry the responsibility of being a moderator.
    Last edited by xxl33tninjaxx; 07-18-2007 at 06:53 AM.

lol well sushi the wish game is still on :] and you're supposed to corrupt the previous wish xD
    [edit]
    lol i just have the habit of making full conversations online so i talk a lot like in real life.
    [edit]
    lol i also lol a lot...(it's like my capital letter substitute)
    [edit]
    anyways, in case you're ever in need of a moderator you guys can always ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by xxl33tninjaxx View Post
    Uhh, 28 posts? Maybe talk a little more, calm down a little, talk a breather, and the staff will choose who can carry the responsibility of being a moderator.
    well...look at it this way, i made 30 odd posts in 5-6 topics at once
    Last edited by Ninjastik; 07-18-2007 at 06:50 AM.

Lol, you really do talk a lot.

I dunno if they want someone as a mod who doesn't merge their double posts into one though. : shrug :

Anyways, they'll pick the mods from the most awesome(me) ppl in the forums(me).

So yea, they'll pick(me) who they want(me).

Just gotta be patient for the next mod(me) to be chosen.

hey, i'm trying to merge my posts as we speak (so to speak, i've already merged the previous post from 4 seperate posts)

[edit] hey how do you even know i don't merge my posts anyways? are you stalking me?! (jk)
    Last edited by Ninjastik; 07-18-2007 at 07:08 AM.

If Bluds, Woofcat and Umbra037 feel like they need hekp they will pick people until then just relax
    Harry Potter 7 :yondaime