View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent

    26 78.79%
  • Good

    5 15.15%
  • Average

    2 6.06%
  • Bad

    0 0%
  • Terrible

    0 0%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 101
  1. #21
    Senior Member Blackriot69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    867
    Yes, the Luffy going to be the princess's body guard is gonna be a treat. Also, athary, I was thinking along the same lines for Caribou and Sanji, and I think Sanji is going to be able to kick Caribou's Logia intangibility somehow, maybe by his intense heat of his legs like he did against Jyabura. Plus the three weakest obviously have changed to become true warriors as they stand badass surrounded and all. Usopp was badass and Nami looked stunning, and even Brook was taunting the opposition. GREAT chapter!

    Also, did anyone else notice the StrawHats got new wanted posters/new photos of what they look like on the newspaper of the cover art? Look closely and you can see Luffy is pictured with his new wardrobe, Usopp's new white hat, Franky and his buzz cut, a portion of Chopper and his new hat with the X, Nami and her new hairstyle, and Brook with his crown.
    Zoro, Sanji and Robin are bit harder to see but I do think they have new bounty photos/appearance photos alerting the world to what they now look like.

  2. #22
    Senior Member cross777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,778
    Quote Originally Posted by Himura Battousai View Post
    LOL I doubt that "little fight" will be going until the next arc.
    thanks for the catch on the typo LOL i meant next chapter LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackriot69 View Post
    Also, did anyone else notice the StrawHats got new wanted posters/new photos of what they look like on the newspaper of the cover art? Look closely and you can see Luffy is pictured with his new wardrobe, Usopp's new white hat, Franky and his buzz cut, a portion of Chopper and his new hat with the X, Nami and her new hairstyle, and Brook with his crown.
    Zoro, Sanji and Robin are bit harder to see but I do think they have new bounty photos/appearance photos alerting the world to what they now look like.
    well we will have to wait and see if they got all new bounties but at least there pictures were all up dated. i am just glad to know that we are finally going to get some info about whats going on with the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  3. #23
    Veteran Member Himura Battousai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Im trapped in Kakashis Kamui jutsu with Deidaras arm
    Posts
    1,481
    Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    thanks for the catch on the typo LOL i meant next chapter LOL


    well we will have to wait and see if they got all new bounties but at least there pictures were all up dated. i am just glad to know that we are finally going to get some info about whats going on with the world.
    Oda should do cover pages for the bounties. BTW was Aces bounty ever revealed?

  4. #24
    Ripple User Trilight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Here and There
    Posts
    958
    Quote Originally Posted by One Piece View Post
    Usopp's grown so much since the beginning of this manga.

    ahhh, i remember when he ran away crying when he couldn't take out one of arlong's underlings. Now he has a pile of unconscious fishmen at his feet and looking badass while donig it.
    Leading the charge no less. It's crazy to think just two years ago he was telling lies of having grand pirate adventures, now he's 10,000 meters under the sea taking on the Fishman Army without breaking a sweat. He'll have plenty of stories to tell Kaya once he gets back.

    Zoro showing up in particularly badass fashion locking weapons with the King of the Deep himself. Strawhats looked like a force to be reckoned with this chapter. No stragglers here.

    Guess the Queen of an Amazonian Island wasn't enough for Luffy, now he's gotta charm a sheltered Mermaid Princess who's at least three times his size. It wouldn't be so awesome if he didn't do it without literally noticing he was doing it.

    Van Der Decken eating the Mato Mato fruit is especially interesting considering he's a fishman. Excellent aiming skills, it takes a special kind of man to consistently throw life threatening weapons with pinpoint accuracy at the women of your dreams for 10 consescutive years. Might prove a worthy adversary for our current Marksman.

    I also liked Shirahoshi questioning whether Luffy was a bad guy because he was a pirate and him simply replying, "I dunno, that's up to you to decide." Carefree attitdue in all Luffy will do whatever the hell he wants consequences be damned. If that's not a pirate I don't know what is.

    As long as everything just keeps on flowing forward, then that's already enough.
    Where there's a will there's a way!
    Spoiler!

  5. #25
    Senior Member cross777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,778
    Quote Originally Posted by Himura Battousai View Post
    Oda should do cover pages for the bounties. BTW was Aces bounty ever revealed?
    not it was never shown and he might show us there bounties during this cover story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trilight View Post
    Van Der Decken eating the Mato Mato fruit is especially interesting considering he's a fishman. Excellent aiming skills, it takes a special kind of man to consistently throw life threatening weapons with pinpoint accuracy at the women of your dreams for 10 consescutive years. Might prove a worthy adversary for our current Marksman.
    i am also very impressed with ussop and his new weapon
    also that would be a great battle for ussop i mean to finally get to fight a top class opponent that would be a huge development for ussop. just think of what would happen to his bounty if he takes down decken. that would finally show what ussop is made of and he would finally step up to where he belongs as one of the stronger members of the crew. that would just be awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #26
    Shadow Bushin Zi Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    153
    My day was just made with that one page with Zoro.....so awesome how he easily blocks Neptune....Usopp seems confident as fuck and Brooke looks like he's after blood...I love it...still though, where's Robin and Franky at?


  7. #27
    King Dingaling Muddafuher One Piece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New World
    Posts
    905
    The one thing that seemed odd and stuck out to me was the revelation that she gets a new guard every 5 minutes and the seahorse merman got right out of there after 5 minutes. There's definitely more than meets the eye going down at ryuuga palace i think

    Click to get your very own:Superrr~ Cross777 repellent^

    There's a saying in the OP forums which goes like this..."If a new unidentified character is wearing a hat, he must be Sabo!"...Yeah, take that Obitio/Tobi/Madara theorists!

    Spoiler!

  8. #28
    ^Think that was just to show how restrictive her father is with her.

    Have to say. I would rather have seen if Brook could take the attack rather than having Zolo take it. Feel like Zolo stole his thunder. Would have loved to actually see the fight though, @ least between the guards and Nami, Brook, and Ussop. Could have given an extra page of action.

    Also was it just me or on the last page did Hodi not look as lazily blubbery as he did when first introduced.

    Color me surprised. The king was smart enough to try and think if you should arrest some1 for "future crimes" yet dumb enough to still try.

    Man Van der w.e. has some patience. 10 whole years and he still didn't get the message.

  9. #29
    Senior Member cross777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,778
    Quote Originally Posted by SCarred Luffy Lvl:Z View Post
    ^Think that was just to show how restrictive her father is with her.

    Have to say. I would rather have seen if Brook could take the attack rather than having Zolo take it. Feel like Zolo stole his thunder. Would have loved to actually see the fight though, @ least between the guards and Nami, Brook, and Ussop. Could have given an extra page of action.
    yeah i mean it looked like brook and ussop were ready to throw down it would have been interesting to see how they handled it with out zoro jumping in but i wonder if the fight will continue much longer or if things will smooth over sooner rather than later?
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  10. #30
    The Heropon! Sirxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Hammerspace
    Posts
    864
    Quote Originally Posted by SCarred Luffy Lvl:Z View Post
    Have to say. I would rather have seen if Brook could take the attack rather than having Zolo take it. Feel like Zolo stole his thunder. Would have loved to actually see the fight though, @ least between the guards and Nami, Brook, and Ussop. Could have given an extra page of action.
    Agreed: I would have also like to see Brook's defense of it. At least he was able to gauge the power of the attack, but it did seem as if he still thought himself capable of taking it. It probably would've taken him considerably more effort to do so than our favorite one-eyed sword-wielding badass, but I think he could've.

    Disagreed: I don't want to see any of the crew fight (you know, shonen-style "loudly announce the attack before attacking" fighting) until they go up agains the main enemies of the arc. They should not be using named techniques against fodder. And you see how fast the story moved this chapter because those minor fights were left off? I say that's a good thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trilight View Post
    I also liked Shirahoshi questioning whether Luffy was a bad guy because he was a pirate and him simply replying, "I dunno, that's up to you to decide." Carefree attitdue in all Luffy will do whatever the hell he wants consequences be damned. If that's not a pirate I don't know what is.
    Yep! True Pirate King goodness here. I had to reread the question before I read Luffy's response, as I couldn't wait to see how Oda would have Luffy identify himself (Arabasta, Skypiea, Robin, etc.--> Godsend. Bellamy, Arlong, WG, etc.--> Pirate scum). Better than have him declare himself a good guy, since that would have demeaned all the good he has done so far (Note: Luffy has been helping people and setting civilizations free not because out of some retarded "good guy" sense of responsibility. He just did cause he decided he damn well wanted to, which speaks a lot more to his character.)

    Oh, and I'm shocked no one has mentioned 10th member(ish): Shirahoshi! She meets every criteria that I personally deemed should be present in the last crew member (screw Oda's opinion): She's female (Current strawhats=sausage fest), Huge (San Juan Wolf opponent-compliant), can swim freely in water (as a balance to all of the DF eaters in the crew), and is a fantastical creature (adding a mermaid to a crew consisting of a talking reindeer, a talking skeleton, and a cyborg would put Luffy miles ahead in contention for "Most Wacky Crew that could Kill You in a blink"). Now, if only we can get her to have a tragic backstory, and posess some measure of fighting skill or ability, and we'll be all set (I thought that Madame Shirley would have actually made a better member in this regard, as her precognicence (sp?) and badass appearance might equal fighting strength, but I digress)

    Anywho, great chapter! Can't believe how quickly this one chapter advanced everything! Go Oda!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •