Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 94
  1. #71
    The French Tickler pratesh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    380
    I have a feeling we'll only see that title come back out when luffy becomes Pirate King. Whoever is his main rival before and after becoming King will probably get the title.

  2. #72
    Initiate
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Reykjavík, Iceland
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by pratesh View Post
    I have a feeling we'll only see that title come back out when luffy becomes Pirate King. Whoever is his main rival before and after becoming King will probably get the title.
    I agree, Luffy will probably get the title (assuming this manga ever ends).

  3. #73
    I guess the most apt person as of now for the Title is Shanks.

  4. #74
    Full Member gaza-pirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Unknown Island in the New World
    Posts
    252
    mihawk stronger than shanks??? ppl like crocodile and vista who are not afraid to fight mihawk when shanks came into the scn no one raised a finger.

    whitebeard was the worlds strongest man shanks clashed with whitebeard with his one arm mihawks couldnt even get pass diamond jouzo..... he claimed in the war that his duty was to fight the white beards and he was only seen fighting off weaker ppl while when shanks came he pissed himself and ran away

    shanks and mihawk may have been on par in terms of fighting with a sword but if they were to fight in real shanks wouldnt be limited to just a sword in fact those duels must have just been good sportsman ship among the 2. mihawk has never showed to use haki
    DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I MADE!!!
    doflamingo
    THE DREAMS OF MEN... NEVER END! AM I RIGHT?

    Quote Originally Posted by halaros536 View Post
    You seem to believe, that OP is some shit like Bleach and that the main guy will just pull something out of his ass and beat the enemy no matter who he is.And you're damn wrong in viewing it that way.

  5. #75
    H+ xioaxioa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Location Moved
    Posts
    2,708
    Quote Originally Posted by gaza-pirate View Post
    mihawk stronger than shanks??? ppl like crocodile and vista who are not afraid to fight mihawk when shanks came into the scn no one raised a finger.

    whitebeard was the worlds strongest man shanks clashed with whitebeard with his one arm mihawks couldnt even get pass diamond jouzo..... he claimed in the war that his duty was to fight the white beards and he was only seen fighting off weaker ppl while when shanks came he pissed himself and ran away

    shanks and mihawk may have been on par in terms of fighting with a sword but if they were to fight in real shanks wouldnt be limited to just a sword in fact those duels must have just been good sportsman ship among the 2. mihawk has never showed to use haki
    By your logic, and most peoples' logic, because scissors beats paper and rock beats scissors, rock most definitely beats paper.
    You say Crocodile wasn't afraid to fight Mihawk? Crocodile wasn't afraid to fight White Beard either. Mihawk's fight with Vista consisted of him watching the War and paying Vista little mind. Lets use Luffy as an example now. Luffy was running for his life when Mihawk tested Luffy's luck(and If you payed attention, Mihawk was just checking to see if people would come to Luffy's rescue), Yet Luffy was all for attacking all three admirals at the same time and even fighting Sengoku. Speaking of Sengoku, lets get into why the war was called off. Whitebeard dies, no one can stop the Marines rampage, Shanks appears, Mihawk leaves, Wars over. Sengoku didn't throw the towel in until Mihawk left. To the World Government, Mihawk is there only card against Shanks. Now, you can go into why Mihawk left. "Because he is afraid of Shanks", you might be thinking. The is more than likely wrong, as we can agree that Mihawk is very Prideful. So, you are the worlds greatest swordmen and now you have to fight a one armed man. You beat this one armed man and then what? People will only think you beat him because he only has one arm. You lose to him and you become ridiculed by the world. You can't deny the fact that that is how the world will see it. Mihawk can't fight Shanks do to face, not because one is stronger than the other.

    Whether Mihawk has Haki or not is still debatable. If he doesn't, he made it to the top without the use of Haki or a Devil Fruit, which no one else in the world can say. If he does, he made it to the top without a Devil Fruit or relying on Haki, which no one else in the world can say.

    You must also remember, we haven't even seen what Mihawk is capable of. We've seen him beat Zoro with a pocket knife, Chase Luffy in gear two mode with little effort, fight Vista without even paying attention to him. The two strongest attacks we've seen from him, the one where he attacks white beard and the one where he slices a mountain of ice in half; the first being done with what would appear to be one hand as the attack wasn't shown but the ready was in the manga(don't bring up the anime, it's autowrong)and the second being done on a regular swing.

    Now lets look at what Mihawk said to luffy. Mihawk told Luffy, that to gain the title of Pirate King, he would have to surpass him. He never said surpass people stronger than him. If you wish to go one what Mihawk told Luffy, Only the Pirate King is stronger than Mihawk.

    Now finally, Lets say Jozu didn't stop Mihawks attack on White Beard. White beard would have just dodged or stopped it easily right? Seeing as White Beard couldn't stop ANY attack made on him, no, White beard couldn't stop Mihawks attack.

    So, in conclusion, saying Mihawk is weaker than Shanks or White beard is just stupid, but saying that Mihawk is stronger than those two is fanboyism. Yes, I know what I typed. You see, I never said anyone is stronger than anyone, just that you take Mihawk to lightly. In the end, everything you have to say is opinionated, and you should not take it as fact for everyone else. You have no real evidence to support you so simply state "in my opinion". I'm not talking about you gaza-pirate, this comment, this whole post is targeted at everyone, and the conclusion includes myself. As to keep true with my last words; This whole post is just my opinion.

    I Love You!
    Spoiler!

  6. #76
    Hee Hee Hee XD aggeroff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    where there is food
    Posts
    2,003
    Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Now lets look at what Mihawk said to luffy. Mihawk told Luffy, that to gain the title of Pirate King, he would have to surpass him. He never said surpass people stronger than him. If you wish to go one what Mihawk told Luffy, Only the Pirate King is stronger than Mihawk.
    I'm not sure thats what Mihawk told Luffy, though it could easily be interpreted that way. He said that Luffy's path to be the pirate king was Tougher the surpassing he, but he never said it involved surpassing him. And if only the Pirate king is stronger then Mihawk, that sort of screws over Zoro doesn't it?
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off


  7. #77
    Full Member gaza-pirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Unknown Island in the New World
    Posts
    252
    You are one of the people on this forum to whose views and ideals i strongly respect because u process information and only respond with facts and in most cases logical unbiased statements
    Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post

    Now finally, Lets say Jozu didn't stop Mihawks attack on White Beard. White beard would have just dodged or stopped it easily right? Seeing as White Beard couldn't stop ANY attack made on him, no, White beard couldn't stop Mihawks attack.

    So, in conclusion, saying Mihawk is weaker than Shanks or White beard is just stupid, but saying that Mihawk is stronger than those two is fanboyism. Yes, I know what I typed. You see, I never said anyone is stronger than anyone, just that you take Mihawk to lightly.
    i strongly disagree with this whitebeard the worlds strongest man was in "fact" stronger than mihawk by default. he was a yonko, was stated to be the closest to one piece, also stated to be on par with roger so it is vivid that he could beat mihawk in battle based

    shanks is also a yonko, previous rival to mihawk(worlds strongest swordsman) , was a rival to whitebeard (worlds strongest man) i believe the strongest man title is far greater than the strongest swordsman title u yourself stated that mihawk said being the pirate king was in fact harder to achieve meaning its a higher rank than greatest swordsman and u would have to be more powerful than the greatest swordsman to achieve it.

    therefore saying mihawk is stronger than whitebeard is like saying he is also stronger than roger (in my opinion ) lol :-)

    WARNING : the following is completely fictional and what i assume are the current stats of shanks and mihawk based on what we have seen thus far in the series;-
    final analysis
    mihawk- sword: ++++++ haki: ++ (random assumption based on what have been shown thus far)
    V.S.
    shanks- sword: +++ haki: ++++++

    NOTE: the haki ratings for mihawk are based on the possibility of him actually having haki which is more than likely due to Vista's ability to use it. it has not yet been stated that mihawk has any type of haki far less kings deposition, this is why shanks has the higher ratings there. shanks lost his left arm which may have cut his sword skills in half which is why he has half the ratings of mihawk.

    Whitebeard- devil fruit: ++++++ haki: ++++++ sword:++
    DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I MADE!!!
    doflamingo
    THE DREAMS OF MEN... NEVER END! AM I RIGHT?

    Quote Originally Posted by halaros536 View Post
    You seem to believe, that OP is some shit like Bleach and that the main guy will just pull something out of his ass and beat the enemy no matter who he is.And you're damn wrong in viewing it that way.

  8. #78
    Hee Hee Hee XD aggeroff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    where there is food
    Posts
    2,003
    ^Personally I never really saw Whitebeard's Haki as that strong, as when he stabber Aokiji it still went through. And even if it was strong there is no way it was a strong as Shank's, just because he has no CoC.
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off


  9. #79
    Master of Bludging ChaosMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,003
    I'm bored, so i'll join in for a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    By your logic, and most peoples' logic, because scissors beats paper and rock beats scissors, rock most definitely beats paper.
    Gaza's logic was definitely flawed in his statement.
    You say Crocodile wasn't afraid to fight Mihawk? Crocodile wasn't afraid to fight White Beard either. Mihawk's fight with Vista consisted of him watching the War and paying Vista little mind. Lets use Luffy as an example now. Luffy was running for his life when Mihawk tested Luffy's luck(and If you payed attention, Mihawk was just checking to see if people would come to Luffy's rescue), Yet Luffy was all for attacking all three admirals at the same time and even fighting Sengoku. Speaking of Sengoku, lets get into why the war was called off. Whitebeard dies, no one can stop the Marines rampage, Shanks appears, Mihawk leaves, Wars over. Sengoku didn't throw the towel in until Mihawk left. To the World Government, Mihawk is there only card against Shanks. Now, you can go into why Mihawk left. "Because he is afraid of Shanks", you might be thinking. The is more than likely wrong, as we can agree that Mihawk is very Prideful. So, you are the worlds greatest swordmen and now you have to fight a one armed man. You beat this one armed man and then what? People will only think you beat him because he only has one arm. You lose to him and you become ridiculed by the world. You can't deny the fact that that is how the world will see it. Mihawk can't fight Shanks do to face, not because one is stronger than the other.
    Sengoku would have thrown in the towel either way. As Shanks told Marco, Sengoku respected WB, doing anymore to taint his name would be against Sengoku's pride. Especially since WB kept the sea's safer than the marines alone ever could. That and the fact that, without Shanks, the war was pretty much even on both sides. It was that after Ace's and WB's death that the WG got a moral boost which was tipping the scales to their side. Even with Mihawk, had they continued, the WG most likely have lost. Don't forget, they were up against the remaining WB pirates, including Marco and Vista, and the BB pirates, who were keeping Sengoku and Garp busy. Had Shanks joined in, with the size and power of his crew equalling that of WB + Captains, effectively doubling the opposing force, the WG doesn't stand any chance.
    As for Mihawk, well he wasn't for the war to begin with. The only reason he attended was because he had to, to keep his name as a Shichibukai (why it's important to him, I've no idea). The battle against Shanks could be avoided though, thus he chose to avoid it.
    Whether Mihawk has Haki or not is still debatable. If he doesn't, he made it to the top without the use of Haki or a Devil Fruit, which no one else in the world can say. If he does, he made it to the top without a Devil Fruit or relying on Haki, which no one else in the world can say.
    Indeed, but what's for sure is that he has a way of dealing with DF users, logia's included (although not shown). Or else he wouldn't have been the Worlds Greatest Swordsmen and Shichibukai for so long. Especially with a lot of noob logia's out there like Caribou and pre-timeskip Smoker.
    You must also remember, we haven't even seen what Mihawk is capable of. We've seen him beat Zoro with a pocket knife, Chase Luffy in gear two mode with little effort, fight Vista without even paying attention to him. The two strongest attacks we've seen from him, the one where he attacks white beard and the one where he slices a mountain of ice in half; the first being done with what would appear to be one hand as the attack wasn't shown but the ready was in the manga(don't bring up the anime, it's autowrong)and the second being done on a regular swing.
    True, but pre-timeskip SH would have been pawned by Caribou so it's not really saying much. A
    Now lets look at what Mihawk said to luffy. Mihawk told Luffy, that to gain the title of Pirate King, he would have to surpass him. He never said surpass people stronger than him. If you wish to go one what Mihawk told Luffy, Only the Pirate King is stronger than Mihawk.
    I doubt that's what he meant. He was saying that to become PK, Luffy would have to at least surpass him. Don't forget that Zoro will eventually surpass Mihawk as well, doesn't make Zoro PK, likewise, Sanji's most likely be at a similar level to Zoro by then as well. And I'm not sure Garp or Rayleigh, even in their aged state, would lose to Mihawk yet.
    Now finally, Lets say Jozu didn't stop Mihawks attack on White Beard. White beard would have just dodged or stopped it easily right? Seeing as White Beard couldn't stop ANY attack made on him, no, White beard couldn't stop Mihawks attack.
    I'm pretty sure WB would have been able to deflect that attack. While the fodder pirates may have been making a big fuss over it, didn't seem like much of the Captains were worried. Don't forget that these Captains could fight on par with the Admirals. WB who stands above them can't and isn't going to be weaker than his crew. Oh and he deflected most of Akainu's attacks, so you can't really say he didn't deflect anything.
    So, in conclusion, saying Mihawk is weaker than Shanks or White beard is just stupid, but saying that Mihawk is stronger than those two is fanboyism. Yes, I know what I typed. You see, I never said anyone is stronger than anyone, just that you take Mihawk to lightly. In the end, everything you have to say is opinionated, and you should not take it as fact for everyone else. You have no real evidence to support you so simply state "in my opinion". I'm not talking about you gaza-pirate, this comment, this whole post is targeted at everyone, and the conclusion includes myself. As to keep true with my last words; This whole post is just my opinion.
    Amen to that bro. I've no doubt Mihawk is one of the strongest out there, even amoungst the Shichibukai.
    Quote Originally Posted by aggeroff View Post
    ^Personally I never really saw Whitebeard's Haki as that strong, as when he stabber Aokiji it still went through. And even if it was strong there is no way it was a strong as Shank's, just because he has no CoC.
    The Admirals are haki users as well, in the way the dealt with WB's attack on the scaffolding. The way I see it, haki can cancel haki power. What I mean by that is that if WB had lvl5 haki charged into his attack, and Aokiji had lvl4 haki defence, then only lvl 1 haki damage would have got through. Also, don't forget that WB wasn't at full power, with his illness and a stab wound in his chest, he could hardly concentrate 100%. Much in the same way he was at a stalemate with Akainu, until his got pissed, then he pretty much roflstomped him.
    Oh and WB has CoC. Remember when Luffy used CoC to save Ace, the WB pirates were like "His got the soverign haki, just like the Old Man and Red Hair". Seemed like WB was going to use CoC before Luffy did, only his injuries got in the way.

  10. #80
    Senior Member Airicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    789
    Good posts but I seen a few things I disagree with..

    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    Sengoku would have thrown in the towel either way. As Shanks told Marco, Sengoku respected WB, doing anymore to taint his name would be against Sengoku's pride. Especially since WB kept the sea's safer than the marines alone ever could. That and the fact that, without Shanks, the war was pretty much even on both sides. It was that after Ace's and WB's death that the WG got a moral boost which was tipping the scales to their side. Even with Mihawk, had they continued, the WG most likely have lost. Don't forget, they were up against the remaining WB pirates, including Marco and Vista, and the BB pirates, who were keeping Sengoku and Garp busy. Had Shanks joined in, with the size and power of his crew equalling that of WB + Captains, effectively doubling the opposing force, the WG doesn't stand any chance.
    As for Mihawk, well he wasn't for the war to begin with. The only reason he attended was because he had to, to keep his name as a Shichibukai (why it's important to him, I've no idea). The battle against Shanks could be avoided though, thus he chose to avoid it.
    Ok so the WG would had won the fight either way, from what I recall Jozu/Marco/Vista kept getting beat by the Admirals, so they were not "fighting on par" - more like they were strong enough not to be instakilled. And the BlackBeard pirates where not there to fight the WG, they came for WB's DF (which made them more enemies to WB Pirates then WG) and to announce that BlackBeard would be the next Pirate King.

    Also the Pirates were STILL trapped in the box Sengoku put them in, even if they were willing to fight (were as before Aces death they were in full retreat) they would had kept being blown apart by the cannons specially since they had that fissure caused by WB when he had them run.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    Indeed, but what's for sure is that he has a way of dealing with DF users, logia's included (although not shown). Or else he wouldn't have been the Worlds Greatest Swordsmen and Shichibukai for so long. Especially with a lot of noob logia's out there like Caribou and pre-timeskip Smoker.
    True, but pre-timeskip SH would have been pawned by Caribou so it's not really saying much.
    Pre-timeskip Luffy would been killed by Caribou in a 1v1, Caribou would be weaker physically but he's a logia.. and for someone who can't use haki that pretty much seals the deal.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    I doubt that's what he meant. He was saying that to become PK, Luffy would have to at least surpass him. Don't forget that Zoro will eventually surpass Mihawk as well, doesn't make Zoro PK, likewise, Sanji's most likely be at a similar level to Zoro by then as well. And I'm not sure Garp or Rayleigh, even in their aged state, would lose to Mihawk yet.
    There's a reason Rayleigh isn't considered the "worlds greatest swordsmen" ... its because at least in the OP world, while people consider him a legend, there's a consensus that Mihawk stands above all other swordsmen, given that he played with Vista and came out without a mark I think thats a good marker.. after all Vista was the strongest swordsmen in the WB pirates.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    I'm pretty sure WB would have been able to deflect that attack. While the fodder pirates may have been making a big fuss over it, didn't seem like much of the Captains were worried. Don't forget that these Captains could fight on par with the Admirals. WB who stands above them can't and isn't going to be weaker than his crew. Oh and he deflected most of Akainu's attacks, so you can't really say he didn't deflect anything.
    I agree that WB could had deflected the slash, but given that he allowed half his head blown off, stabbed by Squardo, plus took dozens of shots/slashes from fodder marines you can say he didn't deflect anything worth deflecting..

    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    The Admirals are haki users as well, in the way the dealt with WB's attack on the scaffolding. The way I see it, haki can cancel haki power. What I mean by that is that if WB had lvl5 haki charged into his attack, and Aokiji had lvl4 haki defence, then only lvl 1 haki damage would have got through. Also, don't forget that WB wasn't at full power, with his illness and a stab wound in his chest, he could hardly concentrate 100%. Much in the same way he was at a stalemate with Akainu, until his got pissed, then he pretty much roflstomped him.

    Oh and WB has CoC. Remember when Luffy used CoC to save Ace, the WB pirates were like "His got the soverign haki, just like the Old Man and Red Hair". Seemed like WB was going to use CoC before Luffy did, only his injuries got in the way.
    I agree with the first part, but even after he did go after Akainu the Admiral came out relatively ok, also I doubt at that time he could had used CoC Haki, it seems using that power takes a lot out of you, for example Rayleigh could only use it 1 time at the auction house, Luffy only used it once at Fishman Island.

    So given that WB was already so beat up/old/sick I doubt he could had used it, if he could then why not do it at the start, like how Luffy knocked out 50k Fishman, WB should had been able to knock out most marines (if he could use his CoC).
    Click to see what RPG personality you are.
    (It's funny because I ALWAYS use a bow if its available in a game lol)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •