Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 94
  1. #41

    One Piece

    Quote Originally Posted by halaros536 View Post
    Otherwise why would Mihawk be interested in having duels with him? and the most important his rivarly with Mihawk leads to the fact that he is a swordsman.
    Quote Originally Posted by halaros536 View Post
    of course we cant know for sure.But its strongly implied then why is he always shown with a sword?And most importantly why was he a rival to Mihawk?Isnt that a clear hint?Being rival to the strongest swordsman obviously implies that he is a swordsman too.Anyway since till now the only thing he has used in battle is a sword i suppose we can say he is a swordsman unless we see him using another style.

    Well we dont know his sword could be one of the famous swords you cant judge it by his looks.
    ^It's interesting that you put those almost completely conflicting statements in the same post.

    Quote Originally Posted by halaros536 View Post
    Plus in his only seen fight he used a sword.He could have used any other way to stop akainu but he used his sword i think that oda wants to show us that he is a swordsman.
    He probably could have used other methods, but probably the best way to not underestimate Akainu would be to keep some distance in case he did something unpredictable. So the sword block affords that distance. Just saying it might be better to doubt he's a swordsman or considers himself only, or primarily a swordsman fighter rather than be sure of it from only a few instances that may or may not be proof.


    Quote Originally Posted by Vorlianis View Post
    You also need to factor in alot of other things Mihawk and Shanks' battles were only said to be purely on swordsmanship, perhaps Shanks was not using the full extent of his abilities just the skill of using a sword and besides how long has it not been since Shanks lost his sword eh alot of things can happen in a whole buncha years like that.

    I agree that Mihawk very likely is one of the best fighters of the world but he's definetley not on the top.
    While there very likely is something as of yet unknown although very powerfull something guarding Raftel i think the biggest clue on his motivation so far is something Sengoku said once wich is that Shanks is not someone looking to change the world (at least 'twas something along those lines).

    To me he looks just like a laidback guy travelling around the globe doing adventures yet insanely powerfull.
    Quote Originally Posted by dct21 View Post
    If luffy started to use a sword he wouldn't be a swordsman, Shanks as a character is as mysterious as Dragon, we haven't even seen him fight yet just draw his sword.
    Agree with dct21 and Vorlianis for the most part.

    And to add, Mihawk said that PK was a harder goal than becoming the strongest/best swordsman.
    Seems to me, for both The possible next PK and the next possible S/B Swordsman, at that time, It would been hella useful to to face each other, even constantly to constantly improve. Even if Shanks might not see himself as a swordsman, it might have been a greater challenge if he restricted himself to swordsmanship. You say used in battle, but from what we've been shown, they were squirmishes we see for a single move. Squirmishes between highly powerful people, undoubtedly, but not necessarily battles.

    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    I mean if Sanji lose an arm, he would still be as strong.


    Quote Originally Posted by halaros536 View Post
    Its Mihawk.
    From what we have seen till now Shanks is a swordsman.Mihawk is the strongest swordsman in the world than means stronger than every other swordsman not just stronger than the swordsmen who dont have haki.Since from what we have seen Shanks main fighting style is swordsmanship(haki is not a fighting style)and Mihawk is better at it he is stronger than him.
    Quote Originally Posted by halaros536 View Post
    If you have read my post i was talking about important characters not fodder like the unnamed marine soldiers.About the va you mentioned it like it proved something yeah those who carried swords most likely are swordsmen.You mentioned other characters for whom we dont much to support your claim?I m talking about the characters that we have seen and know things about.Most of those who were seen with swords were revealed to be swordsmen.
    Actually it means stronger than every other swordsman, (as in the people who consider themselves most importantly swordsman), and out of those that have actually fought Mihawk.
    Mihawk now refuses to fight Shanks, so we don't know, and as Vorlianis pointed out all we've really seen him do is draw his sword, a couple of times.

    I think his point was more so that just because they wield or carry swords doesn't mean they consider themselves swordsman. Yosaku and Johnny wield swords but I don't know if they could be considered swordsman. For that matter, that guy from Shanks crew Ben Beckman carried a gun, but used it like a club against the mountain bandits. Possession of the gun does not automatically consider him a gunslinger.


    As for the actual topic, Think WB might have unintentionally, but well-deservedly, earned that nickname because of his reputation for strength, power, and potential grew, and spread, along with people challenging him but getting defeated, until there were no more challengers.
    I do believe that some idiot like the Sh's imposters will try to take the WSM title by claiming it for himself. Don't think pirates in the OPU can let things just go like that. They will mostly clamor to replace the weakness prone former anything. But I think they would then constantly be forced to defend it, until it was lost, and so on and so on.Think there could be a constant series of challenges until some1 suitably strong gets the title and word of their reputation spreads, and then something similar to what I stated above about WB will happen as well. But I think the process to find some1 appropriate for the title for that time period will take years. Think it will be a generational or bi-generational process, where as long as pirates exist in the OPU, then there will be certain very specific goals for large amounts of pirates, that these next generation pirates will eventually in some way or another usurp from the last generation.

  2. #42
    Legendary Member halaros536's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    greece
    Posts
    4,536
    Quote Originally Posted by SCarred Luffy Lvl:Z View Post
    ^It's interesting that you put those almost completely conflicting statements in the same post.

    Wtf are you saying?Yeah i can also quote a post from you and say its contasdicting without giving any reason its pretty easy you know.Could you please show me the contradiction.

    The parts where you said there is a contradiction are:
    "But its strongly implied then why is he always shown with a sword?"

    "Well we dont know his sword could be one of the famous swords you cant judge it by his looks."
    Those posts are referring to different points.In the first post i m saying that the fact that he is always seen with a sword implies that he is a swordsman and in the second one i m saying that his sword could be one of the famous swords.When you make a claim you should support it.
    He probably could have used other methods, but probably the best w
    ay to not underestimate Akainu would be to keep some distance in case he did something unpredictable. So the sword block affords that distance. Just saying it might be better to doubt he's a swordsman or considers himself only, or primarily a swordsman fighter rather than be sure of it from only a few instances that may or may not be proof.

    So you havent read my posts as i said we cant know for sure yet i never said i know for sure.But i think that most possibly he is a swordsman.
















    Actually it means stronger than every other swordsman, (as in the people who consider themselves most importantly swordsman), and out of those that have actually fought Mihawk.
    Mihawk now refuses to fight Shanks, so we don't know, and as Vorlianis pointed out all we've really seen him do is draw his sword, a couple of times.

    I think his point was more so that just because they wield or carry swords doesn't mean they consider themselves swordsman. Yosaku and Johnny wield swords but I don't know if they could be considered swordsman. For that matter, that guy from Shanks crew Ben Beckman carried a gun, but used it like a club against the mountain bandits. Possession of the gun does not automatically consider him a gunslinger.
    Again how many important characters have we seen in op who carried a sword and wasnt swordsmen?

  3. #43
    Full Member gaza-pirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Unknown Island in the New World
    Posts
    252
    Quote Originally Posted by athary View Post
    @ Airicks
    the thing is Shanks is stronger then mihwak
    mihawk is also a btter swordsman then shanks afully agree with that
    but it's not only the sword abilaty that counts you know.. shanks will also use his haki ...there lies his true power
    and that power is greater then mihawk
    also don't get at me for this===> but don flamingo would win against mihawk
    +the way shanks stopt akainu i just don't see mihawk do that
    saying that mihawk is stronger then shanks means mihawk stonger then admirals
    i don't see mihawh beat akainu,kizaru nor ajouki
    witch is not the case with shanks
    haha i guess you know that shanks i my farvorite personage by now llol

    yea you sure got that right!!!

    But the strongest i think right now would have to be between shanks and BB
    Shanks is cool stops war has kings depo. haki and is yonakou
    BB gave shanks those scars on his eye pre yami yami and the quake fruit
    so based on what we know i'm leading towards BB
    DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I MADE!!!
    doflamingo
    THE DREAMS OF MEN... NEVER END! AM I RIGHT?

    Quote Originally Posted by halaros536 View Post
    You seem to believe, that OP is some shit like Bleach and that the main guy will just pull something out of his ass and beat the enemy no matter who he is.And you're damn wrong in viewing it that way.

  4. #44
    The Emperor of Everything dct21's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,304
    Quote Originally Posted by halaros536 View Post
    Again how many important characters have we seen in op who carried a sword and wasnt swordsmen?
    theres Momanga, luffy at one point(think that was anime filler). helmepo with coby, cp9 boss. and kukaku, he definetly wasn't a real swordsman. i know theres more too

    and i bet that thunder sword guy and fire sword guy from the whitebeard pirate crew are only using those swords because there special.

    BB gave shanks those scars on his eye pre yami yami and the quake fruit
    shanks probably had that scar before he left rogers crew, blackbeard is deceptive, i think shanks is stronger than BB.

  5. #45
    Full Member gaza-pirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Unknown Island in the New World
    Posts
    252
    Shanks clearly stated that it was in fact BB that gave him his trademark scars. shanks is really strong and all but i see BB having 2 devil fruits and 2 years to practice= infinite capabilities for BB and his crew!!
    DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I MADE!!!
    doflamingo
    THE DREAMS OF MEN... NEVER END! AM I RIGHT?

    Quote Originally Posted by halaros536 View Post
    You seem to believe, that OP is some shit like Bleach and that the main guy will just pull something out of his ass and beat the enemy no matter who he is.And you're damn wrong in viewing it that way.

  6. #46
    The Emperor of Everything dct21's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,304
    Quote Originally Posted by gaza-pirate View Post
    Shanks clearly stated that it was in fact BB that gave him his trademark scars. shanks is really strong and all but i see BB having 2 devil fruits and 2 years to practice= infinite capabilities for BB and his crew!!
    I know that, but that doesn't mean he got them when he was a yonkou, shanks could have got that scar when he was still on the come up, he had those scars even in luffy's flashback

  7. #47
    Legendary Member halaros536's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    greece
    Posts
    4,536
    Quote Originally Posted by SCarred Luffy Lvl:Z View Post
    ^It's interesting that you put those almost completely conflicting statements in the same post.


    wtf?Yeah you just quote my posts and say they are conflicting without giving a reason pretty easy i can do the same.
    this is the first thing you quoted from me:

    "But its strongly implied then why is he always shown with a sword?"

    and the second:

    "Well we dont know his sword could be one of the famous swords you cant judge it by his looks."

    In the first post i was explaining that the fact that he is always shown with a sword its a clear clue that he is a swordsman and in the second one i was talking about his sword and i said it could be one of the famous swords.Could you please show me the contradiction here?

  8. #48

    One Piece

    Quote Originally Posted by dct21 View Post
    I doubt shanks is a swordsman, he's a pirate and he uses a weapon sometimes, and his weapon of choice is a sword.

    Quote Originally Posted by SCarred Luffy Lvl:Z View Post
    ^It's interesting that you put those almost completely conflicting statements in the same post.
    Quote Originally Posted by halaros536 View Post
    wtf?Yeah you just quote my posts and say they are conflicting without giving a reason pretty easy i can do the same.
    this is the first thing you quoted from me:

    "But its strongly implied then why is he always shown with a sword?"

    and the second:

    "Well we dont know his sword could be one of the famous swords you cant judge it by his looks."

    In the first post i was explaining that the fact that he is always shown with a sword its a clear clue that he is a swordsman and in the second one i was talking about his sword and i said it could be one of the famous swords.Could you please show me the contradiction here?
    I understood that you were talking about 2 somewhat unrelated topics.
    My mistake, thought it would have eventually been a bit easy to understand. In hindsight it would have been less confusing and possibly a bit easier to understand if I had highlighted more specific parts like I did below.

    Quote Originally Posted by halaros536 View Post
    of course we cant know for sure. But its strongly implied then why is he always shown with a sword? And most importantly why was he a rival to Mihawk?Isnt that a clear hint?Being rival to the strongest swordsman obviously implies that he is a swordsman too.Anyway since till now the only thing he has used in battle is a sword i suppose we can say he is a swordsman unless we see him using another style.

    Well we dont know his sword could be one of the famous swords you cant judge it by his looks.
    What I meant was that in that 1st statement you said it implied something based on what you've seen, and what's been illustrated.
    Yet in the 2nd, you say, to not only judge it by looks.
    Although about 2 different things, kind of expresses 2 differing opinions.
    Those are kinda conflicting like I stated, that was all.
    Just wondering which 1 you really actually think, since it kinda can't really be both.




    Quote Originally Posted by halaros536 View Post
    Again how many important characters have we seen in op who carried a sword and wasnt swordsmen?
    Oh, and 2 more important-ish characters to add to that list would be Arlong and that giant Tooth shaped bladed sword he wielded against Luffy,
    And Kidd, who is shown to have daggers, guns, and swords.
    Do you really think either are swordsman?

  9. #49
    Legendary Member halaros536's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    greece
    Posts
    4,536
    [QUOTE=dct21;817586]theres Momanga, luffy at one point(think that was anime filler). helmepo with coby, cp9 boss. and kukaku, he definetly wasn't a real swordsman. i know theres more too

    and i bet that thunder sword guy and fire sword guy from the whitebeard pirate crew are only using those swords because there special.
    Quote Originally Posted by SCarred Luffy Lvl:Z View Post
    I understood that you were talking about 2 somewhat unrelated topics.
    My mistake, thought it would have eventually been a bit easy to understand. In hindsight it would have been less confusing and possibly a bit easier to understand if I had highlighted more specific parts like I did below.


    Yeah and when was it stated that momonga is not a swordsman?I dont really understand why helmeppo couldnt be considered a swordsman.Who the hell is kukaku?Anyway i might have expressed it a little bit wrong.I didnt mean which characters have ever used a sword anybody might use it if he needs.I was talking about characters who were portrayed with swords begore we see them fighting most of them where swordsmen.

    Quote Originally Posted by SCarred Luffy Lvl:Z View Post
    I understood that you were talking about 2 somewhat unrelated topics.
    My mistake, thought it would have eventually been a bit easy to understand. In hindsight it would have been less confusing and possibly a bit easier to understand if I had highlighted more specific parts like I did below.
    Ok then.


    What I meant was that in that 1st statement you said it implied something based on what you've seen, and what's been illustrated.
    Yet in the 2nd, you say, to not only judge it by looks.
    Although about 2 different things, kind of expresses 2 differing opinions.
    Those are kinda conflicting like I stated, that was all.
    Just wondering which 1 you really actually think, since it kinda can't really be both.
    Lol you dont get it.In the first i m saying that by his weapon(here a sword) we may judge his fighting style in the second i said that a sword's strength cannot be judged by his appearance.Generally we cannot judge strength from appearence.In the first post i didnt judge his strength by his looks(that would be conflicting) i judged his fighting style.





    Oh, and 2 more important-ish characters to add to that list would be Arlong and that giant Tooth shaped bladed sword he wielded against Luffy,
    And Kidd, who is shown to have daggers, guns, and swords.
    Do you really think either are swordsman?
    OK look what i answered above to dct21.Then combine that with the fact that he used to be Mihawk's rival and its pretty obvious.I think he is a swordsman because of those two facts together.He is character always seen with a sword and used to be the word's strongest swordsman rival.Isnt it obvious?

  10. #50
    Senior Member Tunder Luffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Belguim, Vlaanderen
    Posts
    894
    Lol the discussion is between what's the dissents between a sword user and a swordsman the only dissents is when they think/say they are a swordsman they are and if they don't think that of them self then they aren't that's it.

    As for who's the strongest person in one piece atm i don't think ether BB or Shanks are at the top i still think Reyleigh is at least stronger then Shanks(or max even) and BB hmm you could compare him to Cell in DBZ to overpowered but will still be defeated

    The person's i think has the most chance of being the strongest atm are Dragon (after all leading a huge army and being the world most wanted person is impossible without real strength) or maybe some unknown yet to be seen marine that's under the control of the 5 stars or maybe Luffy
    Plz just ignore the bad english


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •