Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    The Emperor of Everything dct21's Avatar
    I doubt shanks is a swordsman, he's a pirate and he uses a weapon sometimes, and his weapon of choice is a sword.

Theres isn't gonna be the next strongest man that was whitebeard nickname given to him. (it's like saying whos the next micheal jordan there isn't gonna be one)

Quote Originally Posted by dct21 View Post
    I doubt shanks is a swordsman, he's a pirate and he uses a weapon sometimes, and his weapon of choice is a sword.

Theres isn't gonna be the next strongest man that was whitebeard nickname given to him. (it's like saying whos the next micheal jordan there isn't gonna be one)
    Yet his title as Yonkou can be taken?

I Love You!
    Spoiler!

Well to me its obvious that he is.Well if his weapon of choice is the sword it would be the one which he uses the most and the one he is better at so he practically is a swordsman.Otherwise why would Mihawk be interested in having duels with him?Every clue that we have till now like the fact that he always carries a sword,against Akainu he used a sword and the most important his rivarly with Mihawk leads to the fact that he is a swordsman.

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Yet his title as Yonkou can be taken?
    Its Not being taken, he's being replaced since hes dead. if luffy were to die, it would be like saying when the next straw hat pirate gonna appear .

If luffy started to use a sword he wouldn't be a swordsman, Shanks as a character is as mysterious as Dragon, we haven't even seen him fight yet just draw his sword.

Another reason why i don't think hes a swordsman is because hes sword looks so plain, and if shanks was a swordsman he probably would have one of those famous swords

Its Not being taken, he's being replaced since hes dead. if luffy were to die, it would be like saying when the next straw hat pirate gonna appear .

If luffy started to use a sword he wouldn't be a swordsman, Shanks as a character is as mysterious as Dragon, we haven't even seen him fight yet just draw his sword.

Another reason why i don't think hes a swordsman is because hes sword looks so plain, and if shanks was a swordsman he probably would have one of those famous swords
    of course we cant know for sure.But its strongly implied then why is he always shown with a sword?And most importantly why was he a rival to Mihawk?Isnt that a clear hint?Being rival to the strongest swordsman obviously implies that he is a swordsman too.Anyway since till now the only thing he has used in battle is a sword i suppose we can say he is a swordsman unless we see him using another style.

Well we dont know his sword could be one of the famous swords you cant judge it by his looks.

zoro and sanji are rivals, You said before Mihawk is the strongest swordsman and i think shanks is stronger than mihawk. getting his arm ripped off limited his ability with a sword but not his other fighting capabilities. who knows hopefully it'll be explained more clearly in the manga

zoro and sanji are rivals, You said before Mihawk is the strongest swordsman and i think shanks is stronger than mihawk. getting his arm ripped off limited his ability with a sword but not his other fighting capabilities. who knows hopefully it'll be explained more clearly in the manga
    Yeah but how often do they have duels?And i m not talking when they are fighting just for fun i m talking about serious duels like Mihawk and Shanks had.True we have to wait till we have more clues but i just think its obvious i mean how many important characters have we seen in op carrying a sword and not being swordsmen?Plus in his only seen fight he used a sword.He could have used any other way to stop akainu but he used his sword i think that oda wants to show us that he is a swordsman.

I was just joking about the zoro sanji thing,

Almost all of the vice admirals and marine soilders were using swords,

Im just sayin Thats not all to shanks powers, I see shanks as more of a hakki user who wields a sword, just re-imagine that Whitebeard-Shanks scene when the heavens split.

And oda is very unpredictable, hell have you thinking one thing and it,ll be the complete opposite of what actually happened. How many things did you think were obvious turn out to be false in one piece.

Bagong Barrio, Caloocan City, Philippines
    Red Hair "Mudafudgging" Shanks.
    "With a thrust it's a Spear; with a sweep it's a Naginata, when you hold it, it's a Longsword; a Cane can become each of those things!"-

Kugatachi Danki

Bored? Play BattleDawn
    "The Best Strategy MMO Browser Game"
    http://www.battledawn.com?amp;referer_id=2805143

I was just joking about the zoro sanji thing,

Almost all of the vice admirals and marine soilders were using swords,

Im just sayin Thats not all to shanks powers, I see shanks as more of a hakki user who wields a sword, just re-imagine that Whitebeard-Shanks scene when the heavens split.

And oda is very unpredictable, hell have you thinking one thing and it,ll be the complete opposite of what actually happened. How many things did you think were obvious turn out to be false in one piece.
    If you have read my post i was talking about important characters not fodder like the unnamed marine soldiers.About the va you mentioned it like it proved something yeah those who carried swords most likely are swordsmen.You mentioned other characters for whom we dont much to support your claim?I m talking about the characters that we have seen and know things about.Most of those who were seen with swords were revealed to be swordsmen.