Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Airicks View Post
    Why does everyone seem think Shanks is the Strongest in OPU? I don't know if Mihawk is the 'Strongest' however its pretty clear he's stronger then Shanks since he doesn't even recognize the 1 armed man as a rival anymore.

Losing a arm is a big deal in One Piece or wherever, the fact is Shanks and Mihawk were 'rivals' and seemly on the same level, until Shanks came back from the East Blue with 1 arm, when Mihawk seen this he supposedly said he wouldn't have a handicapped man as a rival.

Now picture you being with a guy who were were 1 for 1 in terms of fighting, he losses his arm, could you beat him then? of course you could....

@Athary : The Yonkou Title does not mean anything other then your a strong pirate crew with alot of influence, sure its assumed that to be a Yonkou you'd have to be 'One' of the strongest, however in terms of Mihawk(who seemly has no crew and lives in a abandon castle) you can't say...
    "oh Mihawk is Shibukai and Shanks is Yonkou, Yonkou is higher then Shibukai, therefore Shanks is Stronger then Mihawk".

At least in Mihawks case it doesn't work like this.. he's established being the #1 Swordsmen, forgetting the fact Shanks uses a sword, for all we know Mihawk just didn't have aspirations to go higher then Shibukai.

Just as WB didn't have the aspirations to become PK, Mihawk seemly doesn't wish to go higher then Shibukai, if he did he would have a crew, allies, etc, etc

@arisart : Garp has no DF and was weak enough to be physically held down by Sengoku(while watching Ace die), I highly doubt Garp could beat Marco/Mihawk or guys on there level. sure 20years ago Garp could, but now he's too old.
    If I'm not mistaken, It was said that Shanks losing an arm didn't diminished his strength. Though he won't be that effective in a swordfight anymore, he could still have some other fighting style that he'd developed that doesn't require an arm. Mihawk lose his interest in Shanks simply because he thinks his swordmanship ain't that good anymore but that doesn't necessarily mean his overall strength diminished as well. I mean if Sanji lose an arm, he would still be as strong. I thought we are all finished at this topic. That being said though, imo neither of them is currently the strongest.

So what? Rayleigh doesn't have a df and yet he is still on par with a Kizaru who has one of the strongest df around. Being held down by Sengoku doesn't mean shit really. Garp wanted to kill Akainu by sudden burst of emotion but at the same time he knew in his mind that Ace will end up dead anyway and what Akainu did was just following orders to execute Ace so he had this internal struggle to control himself or go apeshit on Akainu. If he really wanted to kill him he would have fought Sengoku to free himself which he didn't.

Remember during Rogers era, WB and Garp are the only ones who can fight Roger on the same level. It's safe to assume that the power diffirence between the two ain't that big. Now, old WB who has a stabbed on his chest and has a great illness still manages to beat an Admiral, just imagine if that were Garp who doesn't have any illness we know of and probably younger than old WB by a couple of years (Garp still has dark hair at the time of Roger while WB looks just as old as now). I honestly think that Garp would have murdered Akainu with no problem if Sengoku didn't interfere. The same Admiral who the whole BB pirates ran away from.

sig made by me

@Marco I'm pretty sure they've implied Rogers was the strongest Pirate to ever set sail, whenever they spoke of WB and Rogers its always in the context of 'WB was the only man to fight equal with Rogers' - as you can see a statement like that puts Rogers on top.
    I already know that, but I still can't imagine Roger topping what Whitebeard did. So in other words just waiting for Roger's flashback or people just saying what he did besides becoming the PK.

Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    i agree with this i think it was just a name for white beard not a set title
    Hey guess what your God Oda he himself gave Whitebeard this set title. When he was first introduce Edward Newgate Shirohige "The Worlds Strongest Man". Bold big black letters surrounded by a frame not to hard to miss. His actions in the war you can clearly see why.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypseslice View Post
    Dragon? We haven't even seen this guy fight (Smoker doesn't count although that does show he has Haki), i'm pretty sure half of the reason he is dangerous to the WG is because of his knowledge.
    Because you haven't seen this guy fight you really can't see how Dragon is one of the top candidates of being the strongest current character in OP.

The Leader of the infamous Revolutionary Army that is a power fighting against the World Government. His whereabouts are unknown throughout decades and yet still, CP9 couldn't even track him.

Turned Smoker into a little bitch with 1 hand. He is the Son of Garp who is a the Marine from Rogers time who was said to nearly catch Roger countless times. Roger himself saying they nearly killed each other so many times. Roger like Airicks mentioned was said to be the strongest pirate.

His son is the main character of this manga by the way if you didn't notice.

After what 613 chapters into One Piece his powers are still unknown and he just recently gotten like what what 1 or 2 pages of him actually saying more than 1 or 2 sentences?

So you honestly don't see why probably the most foreshadowed character in OP could easily be the strongest right now. By the way he gets the same reaction if not more/worse when his name is mentioned just like a Yonkou.

Just as WB didn't have the aspirations to become PK, Mihawk seemly doesn't wish to go higher then Shibukai, if he did he would have a crew, allies, etc, etc

@arisart : Garp has no DF and was weak enough to be physically held down by Sengoku(while watching Ace die), I highly doubt Garp could beat Marco/Mihawk or guys on there level. sure 20years ago Garp could, but now he's too old.
    About the Mihawk seemly doesn't wish to go higher, he can't. He pretty much said it himself towards Luffy the first time he met him back in Baratia. Mihawk: What's your goal boy?" Luffy: Pirate King! Mihawk: (trademark smirk) That's a harder goal than surpassing me. (Which was the subject of the conversation hence Zoro getting beat trying to surpass the strongest swordsman.

But I'm not saying Shanks is stronger either, Shanks was with Roger, Roger been to Raftel obtain One Piece. Been 22 years since Rogers Death and Shanks hasn't obtain One Piece ? Is he no strong enough for it? Or they can't find the route anymore since they lost the voice of all things.

Forgot about Kong but don't think will see him or Sengoku and Garp in action regardless.
    Last edited by FenixMarco; 02-03-2011 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, It was said that Shanks losing an arm didn't diminished his strength. Though he won't be that effective in a swordfight anymore, he could still have some other fighting style that he'd developed that doesn't require an arm. Mihawk lose his interest in Shanks simply because he thinks his swordmanship ain't that good anymore but that doesn't necessarily mean his overall strength diminished as well. I mean if Sanji lose an arm, he would still be as strong. I thought we are all finished at this topic. That being said though, imo neither of them is currently the strongest.

So what? Rayleigh doesn't have a df and yet he is still on par with a Kizaru who has one of the strongest df around. Being held down by Sengoku doesn't mean shit really. Garp wanted to kill Akainu by sudden burst of emotion but at the same time he knew in his mind that Ace will end up dead anyway and what Akainu did was just following orders to execute Ace so he had this internal struggle to control himself or go apeshit on Akainu. If he really wanted to kill him he would have fought Sengoku to free himself which he didn't.

Remember during Rogers era, WB and Garp are the only ones who can fight Roger on the same level. It's safe to assume that the power diffirence between the two ain't that big. Now, old WB who has a stabbed on his chest and has a great illness still manages to beat an Admiral, just imagine if that were Garp who doesn't have any illness we know of and probably younger than old WB by a couple of years (Garp still has dark hair at the time of Roger while WB looks just as old as now). I honestly think that Garp would have murdered Akainu with no problem if Sengoku didn't interfere. The same Admiral who the whole BB pirates ran away from.
    Ok so you try to imply if a guy who uses a pure leg base fighting style losses a arm then he wouldn't be hardly effected, thus by extension, if a man who we only know to use a sword losses a arm then he wouldn't be effected that much either, thats logical.. Also I never remember the time they said shanks hadn't lost fighting ability, please direct me to the chapter, or show a picture.

As with Garp, please stop telling me how he felt, show me pictures where he said 'I knew Ace was going to die so i didn't try to get up).

Because from my understanding of the incident it seemed he was held down so hard he couldn't move, in fact if he thought 'Ace is going to die anyway', and wasn't that emotional after the 'burst', why would he have basically quit the marines after that?

Also while its true Rayliegh has no DF and fought with Kizaru with a sword while Kizaru used his light saber thing, you make it seem as if Kizaru was doing even half of the things he did during the war on Rayliegh, but Rayliegh was just too tough and got away.

And you also try to imply if Rayliegh can hold off Kizaru, then Garp(who had been able to corner Rogers) obviously must be able to just 'murder' a Admiral level guy, if he was that strong, and even if he were a 'burst of emotion', How do you think 'Sengukos' old *ss could had slammed him down to begin with?
    Click to see what RPG personality you are.
    (It's funny because I ALWAYS use a bow if its available in a game lol)

Ok so you try to imply if a guy who uses a pure leg base fighting style losses a arm then he wouldn't be hardly effected, thus by extension, if a man who we only know to use a sword losses a arm then he wouldn't be effected that much either, thats logical.. Also I never remember the time they said shanks hadn't lost fighting ability, please direct me to the chapter, or show a picture.

As with Garp, please stop telling me how he felt, show me pictures where he said 'I knew Ace was going to die so i didn't try to get up).

Because from my understanding of the incident it seemed he was held down so hard he couldn't move, in fact if he thought 'Ace is going to die anyway', and wasn't that emotional after the 'burst', why would he have basically quit the marines after that?

Also while its true Rayliegh has no DF and fought with Kizaru with a sword while Kizaru used his light saber thing, you make it seem as if Kizaru was doing even half of the things he did during the war on Rayliegh, but Rayliegh was just too tough and got away.

And you also try to imply if Rayliegh can hold off Kizaru, then Garp(who had been able to corner Rogers) obviously must be able to just 'murder' a Admiral level guy, if he was that strong, and even if he were a 'burst of emotion', How do you think 'Sengukos' old *ss could had slammed him down to begin with?
    Re-read my post. I said Shanks swordmanship diminished but not his overall strength if he had developed some fighting style that won't require an arm. I'm not saying he did but by looking at Shanks, he uses immense amount of haki which could lead to a lot of possible fighting style. I just add the "his fighting ability never diminished" from what I've heard or read from sbs. I'm not really sure though so don't quote me on that (I'll try to find it on the SBS later).

Quitting the marines is a totally a diffirent situation. We don't know why he resigned. Sengoku resigned too, even though he was able to execute Ace and win the war. He had a diffirent reason and that could be the same case for Garp.

In the platform where he sat beside Ace, it's clear that he's being torn between family and being a marine. So having mix emotions over Ace death is quite normal. But hey, granted he was held down by Sengoku, so what? Squardo stabbed Wb on the chest. Does that make WB not the strongest man in the world? Plus it was Sengoku, he could have done the same thing to anyone whose concentration wasn't on him.

Imo, at their prime both WB and Garps power diffirence ain't that big. And as the years went by, as they aged and their powers diminished, WB's has gotten weaker more than Garp did. When we first saw WB he was with his nurses and strap to a a medical contraption (forgot what is called) while Garp were just sleeps in the middle of a fight. If it weren't for WB medical condition which Garp doesn't have, Akainu wouldn't have landed that first blow. If it weren't for the wounds WB had he could have beaten Akainu with minimal injuries at best. Now imagine if that were Garp without the illness, without the wounds. He could have beaten Akainu too without major injuries too.

sig made by me

Not gonna happen.

I agree with Roku, BB will be the strongest person in OP as it seems Oda is setting him as Luffy's rival. I don't know if BB is the strongest right now but he will be. Outside of BB, I think Garp could still spank anyone you people have mentioned.
    Actually that was the point i was supporting, it would be kinda boring to have BB instantly promoted to strongest wolf in the pack now i believe Oda will make his crew do some more achievements for them to "develop" further as in a longlasting rivalry with the SHs because let's admit it BB pirates will very likely be the last crew vs crew faceoff with the SHs

Why does everyone seem think Shanks is the Strongest in OPU? I don't know if Mihawk is the 'Strongest' however its pretty clear he's stronger then Shanks since he doesn't even recognize the 1 armed man as a rival anymore.

Losing a arm is a big deal in One Piece or wherever, the fact is Shanks and Mihawk were 'rivals' and seemly on the same level, until Shanks came back from the East Blue with 1 arm, when Mihawk seen this he supposedly said he wouldn't have a handicapped man as a rival.

Now picture you being with a guy who were were 1 for 1 in terms of fighting, he losses his arm, could you beat him then? of course you could....
    You also need to factor in alot of other things Mihawk and Shanks' battles were only said to be purely on swordsmanship, perhaps Shanks was not using the full extent of his abilities just the skill of using a sword and besides how long has it not been since Shanks lost his sword eh alot of things can happen in a whole buncha years like that.

I agree that Mihawk very likely is one of the best fighters of the world but he's definetley not on the top.

Quote Originally Posted by FenixMarco View Post
    But I'm not saying Shanks is stronger either, Shanks was with Roger, Roger been to Raftel obtain One Piece. Been 22 years since Rogers Death and Shanks hasn't obtain One Piece ? Is he no strong enough for it? Or they can't find the route anymore since they lost the voice of all things.
    While there very likely is something as of yet unknown although very powerfull something guarding Raftel i think the biggest clue on his motivation so far is something Sengoku said once wich is that Shanks is not someone looking to change the world (at least 'twas something along those lines).

To me he looks just like a laidback guy travelling around the globe doing adventures yet insanely powerfull.

Quitting the marines is a totally a diffirent situation. We don't know why he resigned. Sengoku resigned too, even though he was able to execute Ace and win the war. He had a diffirent reason and that could be the same case for Garp..
    I think the main reason why they resigned was mainly because they were feeling it wasn't they'r generation anymore (wich is also what WB said a couple of times) and just wanna teach the new generation things, also Sengoku kinda seemed to lost his belief in the WG due to the Gorousei refusing to give the BB pirates a bounty
    http://www.mangashare.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic139471_1.gif
    Don't be a cocky bastard....check out Toriko! http://www.mangareader.net/349/toriko.html

Quote Originally Posted by Vorlianis View Post
    Actually that was the point i was supporting, it would be kinda boring to have BB instantly promoted to strongest wolf in the pack now i believe Oda will make his crew do some more achievements for them to "develop" further as in a longlasting rivalry with the SHs because let's admit it BB pirates will very likely be the last crew vs crew faceoff with the SHs
    I'm sure Oda will put more storylines for BB pirates. It would be perfect for me if both BB and SH crew take down a Yonkou first before fighting each other. That will elevate them to a new level superior to a Yonkou and compete for the title of PK.

sig made by me

Lollipop Candy ♥BAD♥ girl daz bonez's Avatar
    AGreed,luffy can Ko`ed big mom while BB can trample Kaidou....then the whole OPverse will going crazy........

dragon is the most intimidating an in OPverse and he hadn`t done anything yet...that really mean something.........
    and with the BB vs akainu thing....you guys know how BB was,he wouldn`t want to do stuff that not "profit" him...he fought Ace 4 the shichibukai title.....he encounter WB for his fruit..and Akainu just for a ship...meh...not worth to put a strain on your back....

about mihawk and shanks....pleaseeeee,mihawk jizz in his pants everytime he see shanks.

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Fisher Tiger is a punk ass bitch.

-----credit to Maximo for the kick ass ava----

Man, going through this thread, I've read some pretty nonsensical things. I don't even know where to begin. Grap weak? GARP WEAK?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMGWTFBBQ have you been smoking? You must be the type of guy to think Luffy is stronger than Garp because he punched him off that bridge. We're talking about a guy who was equal to Roger, who is equal or greater than Rayleigh. WB pawned Akainu with his sickness and 2 holes in him. What makes you think Garp couldn't do it. Just cos he was held down by Sengoku, who is only the "Fleet Admiral" or the one who controls nearly all the Marines including your precious admirals. Weaker than Marco? He sent that bird flying. Marco + all WB captains struggled to hold back Akainu alone, stronger than Garp?

Shanks vs Mihawk. Mihawk couldn't damage Jows and fought on par with Vista (he prob would have won in the end though). Although Mihawk has greater skill and 2 arms, Shanks has the sovereign haki. We've seen the amount of power this sovereign haki can give, surely it'll make up for the loss of one arm. If Shanks was really this weak, don't you think his place as a Yonkou would have been taken already? (Although if Buggy makes Yonkou, it'll go against my point). With this single arm, he stopped Akainu's attack, the same one that melted that giant iceberg and punched a hole through Ace.

As for the strongest, no one's got muscles like WB. His guns were huge. The next biggest guns would be on Zoro and his Gori move. We talking about out right strength here arn't we?

Bagong Barrio, Caloocan City, Philippines
    All of your long replies and silly discussions along with those seemingly "stupid" theories all falls to one answer;

No-one can say, except for Oda himself.
    "With a thrust it's a Spear; with a sweep it's a Naginata, when you hold it, it's a Longsword; a Cane can become each of those things!"-

Kugatachi Danki

Bored? Play BattleDawn
    "The Best Strategy MMO Browser Game"
    http://www.battledawn.com?amp;referer_id=2805143

Its Mihawk.

Quote Originally Posted by athary View Post
    @ Airicks
    the thing is Shanks is stronger then mihwak
    mihawk is also a btter swordsman then shanks afully agree with that
    but it's not only the sword abilaty that counts you know.. shanks will also use his haki ...there lies his true power
    and that power is greater then mihawk
    also don't get at me for this===> but don flamingo would win against mihawk
    +the way shanks stopt akainu i just don't see mihawk do that
    saying that mihawk is stronger then shanks means mihawk stonger then admirals
    i don't see mihawh beat akainu,kizaru nor ajouki
    witch is not the case with shanks
    haha i guess you know that shanks i my farvorite personage by now llol
    From what we have seen till now Shanks is a swordsman.Mihawk is the strongest swordsman in the world than means stronger than every other swordsman not just stronger than the swordsmen who dont have haki.Since from what we have seen Shanks main fighting style is swordsmanship(haki is not a fighting style)and Mihawk is better at it he is stronger than him.