Uploader

Dupe of New Releases!?

Recently, I have seen a lot like this
    Is this allowed?
    Is there any rules about naming new releases?

I'll keep an eye open for it while approving, no need for duplicates. It's simply someone renaming his releases, maybe it is blocked to release a chapter of the same number.

Uploader
    Quote Originally Posted by Phixion View Post
    I'll keep an eye open for it while approving, no need for duplicates. It's simply someone renaming his releases, maybe it is blocked to release a chapter of the same number.
    Just cheking the homepage and the release report recently, most of the dupe were added by Chomio. He intentionally added the "0" before the number of the already added chapter. Like Gamaran chapter 80, Gradonil_Ral added first, he came later and added the additional "0".

When I add it I always get the error report, I directly add it after it is out, so I don't know how that person does it. I lose a lot of time with adding the credits and copy paste the links.
    I don't have problems if someone else put it up, but lately someone is putting up a lot of links without a link of the scanlation group. Some groups allow it (I only know two),
    but others don't and put it in there scanlators policy.
    I can't accept that there is someone adding releases for only personal gain, I also did this in the past and was banned for, now I follow the rules of mangashare by adding the original links of the scanlators.
    I would appriciate it, if everyone follows the same rules.

Also, it would be welcome if there is a direct message if something is already added, it take sometimes time to copy paste all the links, certainly 'I eat manga' has a lot of links and it takes some time, and easy share hides there mediafire link far away in the forums -_-.

Quote Originally Posted by Anv View Post
    Just checking the homepage and the release report recently, most of the dupe were added by Chomio. He intentionally added the "0" before the number of the already added chapter. Like Gamaran chapter 80, Gradonil_Ral added first, he came later and added the additional "0".
    I never add something that is already on the homepage, I've add it directly if it's out, I get sometimes that message that it is already added, but I noticed that afterward the post is in another language (for example utopia's releases are as well in Spanish as in English, when adding these releases, you will notices that it isn't possible to add as well the English version as the Spanish, because the database doesn't recognized language differences.)
    Also , it happens that there is a post done, with broken links, no links, links with a limited access( only operated in a couple country's), or links retreaded by the scanlator( this later one is solved with the v2).
    Last edited by chomio; 02-16-2011 at 08:16 AM. Reason: response for Anv

OK, I don't want to create a new thread, so I'll write here. Kinda related:

1. I used to be able to edit links and info in the releases made by my team (helz0ne) - can I get this power back?
    I mean links tend to expire, sometimes other people upload my chapters adding their own links instead, sometimes I make a small change in the chapter (correcting a typo, correcting credits, etc - no real reason to make it v2, especially not if it's like 15-20mins after the original release).

2. I noticed some "fake" releases of Veritas:
    About 30 chapters updated on 09-26-2010, labeled as "Unknown" group - they are all copied helz0nes releases. Please take them down.

Similar thing with Veritas 77 updated on 07-14-2010 - labeled as "Manga Eden", which is an online reader, not a group. Or course it also links to the helz0ne's release.

And finally http://www.mangashare.com/dl/Veritas_48/12733 and http://www.mangashare.com/dl/Veritas_48/12489 which are copies of the same release, a release which more of a hate scanlation that and actual thing. Some Spanish group released this one chapter with a ridiculous English translation because they didn't like the fact that a helz0ne member (at that time) released Spanish scanlations of Veritas even before helz0ne released English version. The Spanish group couldn't compete with that so they decided to make this hate release xP
    Well.. it was nearly 2yrs ago and since MH no longer hosts releases, you can't get that chapter anymore.
    I think you should release it as well.

~~
    And while I'm at it... can I get someone to update the website for helz0ne in the MS tracker?
    Please change it to www.helz0ne.com

thanks
    Last edited by Gradonil_Ral; 03-12-2011 at 08:10 PM.

I will take of it, and you can only edit the release you personally add to the tracker... So even if its by helzone unless you put it on the tracker you can't edit it...

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    I will take of it, and you can only edit the release you personally add to the tracker... So even if its by helzone unless you put it on the tracker you can't edit it...
    I think he meant that even the one who's added to the tracker is unable to edit the links. we can only add additional links, once a link is on the tracker we can't delete it to update with a fresh link. we could do this before until eric's refitting of the tracker in order to add remote upload. the little trashcan icon is gone.

@gradonil: in the meantime, do wat i do. create accounts on hotfile, megaupload, filesonic, depositfiles, then organize ur releases into folders specific to each manga. have up to ten releases per folder, if a file ever to be deleted due to copyright policy, u could just reupload into the same folder link which'll stay valid on the tracker. this way not only can u keep track of ur releases better but u would have multiple backups on the tracker. use the various plugins and download managers

Quote Originally Posted by Rokudaime Sennin ™ View Post
    I think he meant that even the one who's added to the tracker is unable to edit the links. we can only add additional links, once a link is on the tracker we can't delete it to update with a fresh link. we could do this before until eric's refitting of the tracker in order to add remote upload. the little trashcan icon is gone.
    Not really - 1,5yrs ago, when I became HZ leader I PMed Woofcat, I believe, asking if editing my group's releases was possible (since I wanted to refresh the links, etc), he replied "You should be now able to edit your releases" and I was. So no, I didn't mean just the releases that I added, but yes - even they are impossible to edit.

@gradonil: in the meantime, do wat i do. create accounts on hotfile, megaupload, filesonic, depositfiles, then organize ur releases into folders specific to each manga. have up to ten releases per folder, if a file ever to be deleted due to copyright policy, u could just reupload into the same folder link which'll stay valid on the tracker. this way not only can u keep track of ur releases better but u would have multiple backups on the tracker. use the various plugins and download managers
    Nah, too much of a bother xP

Uploader
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokudaime Sennin ™ View Post
    If you do that, you would make some bastard's life easier. They can report your whole folder to be deleted all at once.
    There are some who would do that for money.

And to chomio: like I said above, stop adding "0" before the chapter number. If you see "The same release has already been submitted by someone else........" that mean the same chapter has already been submitted, even in the same language.

Uhm, nobody deleted the fake Veritas releases:
    http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/7779/fakesi.jpg