Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lightbulb Your Strange Addiction

I was watching Everybody Loves Raymond. Robert has this weird addiction. He must bring his food to touch the butt of his chin before he swallows it.

Everybody has a strange addiction of some sort, or habits, OCD moments, or quirks.

For example, I can't stop shaking my legs in classroom or in front of my computer when I am bored or hyper.

I can't withstand a white piece of scrap paper on the floor, even if it's a tiny strip. As long as it is in my peripheral sight, I must remove it from the floor before I can concentrate on anything. If it's colored, I don't care.

If I am bored, I like to check my watch every half a minute. It makes others think that I am being impatient with them and get offended. So I had to learn to stop.

Highlighting whatever I'm reading.

I set my alarm 10 minutes early so I get to have the gratification of hitting snooze twice, making me feel like I had a longer sleep.

So what are yours?

Pokemon. As has been well documented on these boards.

In one instance I short changed my landlord in order to buy both Saphire and Ruby on release day.

Oh wait bad habits. I'm pretty bad when it comes to the volume settings on my TV. The level has to be a multiple of 2 although if I can constantly divide it by 2 then all the better. so if it's at twenty but is two loud I find myself lowering it to 16 even though I might not be able to here it. Or increasing it from 40 to 48 even though it might disturb my neighbours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    If Pow wrote the manga it would be accurate as fuck lol. I stand behind Pow(while humping his leg) on this one.
    Troll Tagged by Uzumaki_Tim

Veteran Member
    Subtitles.
    If I'm watching a movie- I need subtitles. Don't ask me why, but I won't watch without them. XD

Only movies though- I watch TV fine on my laptop without needing them.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeTheGold View Post
    For example, I can't stop shaking my legs in classroom or in front of my computer when I am bored or hyper.

Me too.
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeTheGold View Post
    I set my alarm 10 minutes early so I get to have the gratification of hitting snooze twice, making me feel like I had a longer sleep.
    My watch is 45mins ahead of exact time.

Not much, just that I use to take 5cups of coffee a day coz of the night shift.
    What's up Motherf*ckers?!...

Orange toad summoner Uzumaki_Tim's Avatar
    Ah awesome, people always point out my OCD moments to me.

No matter how much I try not to I can't stop doing a twinkle toes before I bowl a bowling ball. It just feels clammy and unnatural to not do it.

Any dial, eg volume can only be set to 4,10,11,16 or 22 can't concentrate on anything else until it's done

If I get confused or flustered I continually count to 4 or group anything around me into groups of 4 eg, items, lines or lights on a road people)

I can never take a sip of any drink it has to be a full sized drink?? Dunno why I just can't.

I'm sure there's a tonne more if I sit down and think about it.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by FenixMarco View Post
    Hey scotty can you make a thread of How much milk Brooke drinks?
    My DoTA hero... Vote for it please!
    www.playdota.com/forums/threads/820/Dak'sar

Hmm,
    except from shaking my leg when I'm bored or bite 1 or 2 nails during an exam I don't have much.
    Perhaps than when I take a bath, I always stick my head completely under the water and ruffle my hands through my hair before I get out.

You got caught in my trap In your head!!!'s Avatar
    When i look or talking with a friend whatever i do i need something to touch cause its an empty feeling when my hands have nothing to touch/do.

Shaking my legs in class

biting my finger nails

before going to sleep I check the locks on my door, I make sure the oven is really off. Then get in bed. If i get up during the night for a glass of water I'll check the locks again. If I dont double check my locks before leaving the house then I'll think about until I get back home. I ended up getting over this because I got tired of double checking and chalked it up to whatever happens happens.

My sister says I'm always looking at my watch/keeping track of time.

The last one isnt an addiction, but its wierd nonetheless. I always seem to look at the clock when its all the same digit, for example: I always see 1:11, 11:11, 4:44, I cant tell you how many times I'd wake up, look at the clock and it said 1:11am...My friends told me that means something is about to happen
    Beware of the Kyubii

Stev3child - The biggest pussy of them all is rokudaime sennin though. If he was a real man, he wouldn't have relied on hax god-given powers to seal the Jyubi. He would have suplexed that bitch and ripped each tail from the beast one by one with his bare hands.

I have a compulsion to take prescription drugs whenever there's any in the house.
    My step-dad is pretty ill so he gets all sorts like gabapentin, co-codamol, tramadol, morphine sulfate, etc...
    I'm not physically addicted to any of them, but I just find myself grabbing a pick 'n mix from the cabinet quite often.
    Maybe it's a fascination with them rather than compulsion though.

I also go into an unhealthy rage if there's a fly in the house. I spent 3 hours trying to kill the last one that got in, lost track of it and I couldn't do anything else until I'd killed it. I can't eat outdoors in the summer either, again because of flies, they disgust me.

Apart from that, just regular stuff like having to have immaculate cutlery when I eat.

Quote Originally Posted by Queenofmuffins View Post
    Subtitles.
    If I'm watching a movie- I need subtitles. Don't ask me why, but I won't watch without them. XD

Only movies though- I watch TV fine on my laptop without needing them.
    Haha, I have that one too. Although it applies for both regular TV and Movies. I just wanna know how to spell everything. ^^