Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Withstanding a jutsu that's powered by 8 and half tailed beasts? People can't even withstand a jutsu executed by one tailed beast alone. The effectiveness of the genjutsu would surely not be affected that much by the missing half of the Kyuubi.

If I were Madara, there might be a way to ressurect the complete Kyuubi. Reading between the lines, Yondaime only took 1/2 the QB with him because it is impossible to kill the whole QB permanently, it would simply reappear elsewhere after some time. Now if I were Madara, I would kill the current Jinchuuriki. This would likewise kill the QB temporarily. The Half QB in Naruto would go into the other world and probably reunite with it's other half. When it reforms in this world, it would reform as a complete QB.

This presumes the The Death God's belly is accessible to the half QB in Naruto if it were killed. Anyway, it is possible that Madara has a plan in place to restore the QB to full potency, or as others have said it simply doesn't matter.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    If I were Madara, there might be a way to ressurect the complete Kyuubi. Reading between the lines, Yondaime only took 1/2 the QB with him because it is impossible to kill the whole QB permanently, it would simply reappear elsewhere after some time. Now if I were Madara, I would kill the current Jinchuuriki. This would likewise kill the QB temporarily. The Half QB in Naruto would go into the other world and probably reunite with it's other half. When it reforms in this world, it would reform as a complete QB.

This presumes the The Death God's belly is accessible to the half QB in Naruto if it were killed. Anyway, it is possible that Madara has a plan in place to restore the QB to full potency, or as others have said it simply doesn't matter.
    This wouldn't happen. The Kyuubi wouldn't reunite with its lost half because the lost half resides on a plane of existence different from the living realm and the realm of the dead (the pure world and impure world, respectively as coined by Kabuto). This is the exact reason why Kabuto couldn't summon the Kages again. So it stands to reason that through the 4th's actions, the Kyuubi's power has been permanently halved for if he died, he wouldn't end up in the Death God's belly. He'd end up in the Impure world for a time, then resurrect with only half of its power again.

I actually like your reasoning and I hope Kishimoto doesn't mix things up. Even if I think their is an outside chance of QB reuniting, I am against it because I like the Death God to be an absolute and inviolate force in Naruto World.

It begs the question of where are the souls of those who died Long Long ago, like the SO6P for example. Do they remain in the impure world or do they further transition to a place like the Death God's Belly (DGB). This is important for the fact that were Kabuto somehow able to secure enough DNA from SO6P, I would be dissapointed to have him summoned with Edo Tensei. Funny, though I imagine a summoned SO6P will be too much for Cobble-Toes to handle.

I don't think the moon eye plan will work. It might be tried, but won't work.

Events could unfold like this:
    -9T is extracted from Naruto
    -Naruto dies
    -Sasuke sees this and goes into a flashback
    -Juubi is formed; missing half the 9T, it's weak to Sasuke EMS
    -Moon Eye plan is disrupted by Sasuke
    -Sakura revives Naruto with a jutsu similar to Chiyo's
    -Naruto is back, teams up with Sasuke to fight Madara/Juubi
    Spoiler!

I think it unlikely to happen that way Orangeflash, because:

1) Sasuke has tried to kill Naruto, Kakashi and Sakura. Why would he go into a flashback at the sight of Naruto dieing?

2) Madara plans to become the Jyuubi Jinchuuriki, that is part of the Moon's eye plan. Sasuke won't be in a position to use his EMS on the Jyuubi because it will be inside Madara. Sasuke's EMS will probably not overcome a Jyuubi Jinchuuriki Madara who has his own EMS, Rinnegan, and Jyuubi Chakra.

I agree that Sasuke would have a tough time vs a jinchuuriki Madara with his rinnegan and all.

I think the juubi will be unleashed and that it's Sasuke who will be able to control it.

as for Sasuke seeing the "light", well I'm just gonna say Gaara and Nagato...
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeFlash View Post
    I agree that Sasuke would have a tough time vs a jinchuuriki Madara with his rinnegan and all.

I think the juubi will be unleashed and that it's Sasuke who will be able to control it.

as for Sasuke seeing the "light", well I'm just gonna say Gaara and Nagato...
    I don't completely disagree, because I too expect Sasuke to be redeemed eventually. I however think his redemption will happen after he has been humiliated by Madara.

I do agree that even with half of the Nine Tails's down the drain, the Jyuubi is still powerful in all its glory.

I also wish that the Death God's belly is inaccessible, although Hiruzen did made a contract with the God, as he stated. So it may be possible to get souls back from the Death God, but nobody has done it yet.

Sauske will not be able to withstand the Jyuubi. Remember when Naruto went 3 tailed -4 tailed mode? All he did was scream and a blast of pure chakra knocked Kabuto all the way into some forest. With one swipe of the 4 tailed monster, a shock wave similar to an earthquake happened. And don't get me into the tailed beast bomb. Sauske will be pulverized by the Jyuubi without a doubt, because Orochimaru had a hard time with the 9 tails. But ALL of it fused together? - Good bye.

I wonder if Madara can maintain the Jyuubi. Rikudou-Sage probably barely kept it under control - So how can Madara do it?

It seems madara doesn't all the bujj chakra to iniate the moon eye.

Looks like he just needed some chakra from the all tailed beasts, but then again Madara when explained this jutsu never said he needed all of jubbi's chakra anyway he really just implied he needed alot of chakra. Also I wonder how long this eye illusion from the moon will last.

The manga seems a bit rushed even kabuto said madara is rushing. I guess there a more things that are at a disadvantage to madara than we thought.

But for sure I imagine he would need the full article if he really wants to revive the jubbi.